it requires a gamerestart to resolve but it is a recurring problem
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: FTJ issue

Post by EAGLEMUT »

When I had this problem, I was only able to resolve it by buying a different router... :dry:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@knusch did you forward your ports with the previous ISP? Did you get a new router/modem with this ISP?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

harcha wrote:@knusch did you forward your ports with the previous ISP? Did you get a new router/modem with this ISP?
no, i never forwarded any ports previously

yes, new router
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

so you just need to forward the ports
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

harcha wrote:so you just need to forward the ports
go ahead, more information.... :P
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I also need to restart game to fix FTJ. It occurs when I open browser unless I'm in a lobby with another player already. If I host and I browse I FTJ 90% times.

Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

yoqpasa wrote:I also need to restart game to fix FTJ. It occurs when I open browser unless I'm in a lobby with another player already. If I host and I browse I FTJ 90% times.
how about making your own thread, this aint about u!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

@knusch you can google how to forward ports...

It requires you to open your routers' page, you can look for URL on the router box itself or look for "default gateway" ip address in your network connection details from your computer.

Once you've entered the address you will be required to enter a password. The default password should be printed on your router. If you have an older router, you can also find the default password for a certain router model online.

From there you should look for an option to "forward ports". Don't change any other settings as you can fk something up if you don't know what you're doing. You can find which ports need to be forwarded on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ost-an-age under section port listings for aoe3.

When the ports are entered normally you should hit "apply" to apply the new settings and "save" to save the entered settings in router memory. From this point you should expect no problems in aoe3.

Alternatives:
1) I saw some ppl say that you can just toggle DMZ mode in router and this does the trick. I have no idea if this is a good replacement for port forwarding and if it does anything else unwanted.
2) As I am playing from my smartphone network for the most part, there is no option to forward ports (as there is no router page/settings). You can also use a VPN and this usually handles the necessary port forwarding.