User avatar
Australia robo
Musketeer
Posts: 95
ESO: robo_boro
Location: UK

20 Jul 2019, 16:07

If you wouldn't mind spending a few minutes filling out a feedback form we would really appreciate any feedback you can give. We want to make the studio & future LAN events the best we possibly can!

https://forms.gle/ynP34vuUUjpm5SHq8

If there is anything we missed on the form, or just anything else you would like to mention please reply to this thread. :)

Thank you all for watching and participating in this awesome event! :love: :love:
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7094
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

20 Jul 2019, 16:26

I won't answer this poll because it's hard as someone who attended the event (I didn't really watch enough of the stream to answer the questions). But I can say this event was near perfect, really professional and smooth. I was surprised it was THAT good, well done guys!
As a player, for the sake of nitpicking, there were very few negative things, which I'm gonna point out here for you guys to improve it, though I think I told inter already.

1) The white noise in the headsets could be improved a bit. It's weird to hear people clapping, or some caster shouting, when something exciting is happening/about to happen. It gives you information you shouldn't have, and doesn't help focus.

2) Would be nice to have a couple extra practice computers, as it was a bit hard to get a spot sometimes.

3) There needs to be a rule about the laptop thing. As much as I appreciated being able to use my own laptop, and as much as a bunch of clueless people in twitch chats kept overreacting about it being a HUGE advantage or some other bullshit, it's true it's an advantage to some extent, or at least it's more comfortable for me. Also sucks we couldn't see my point of view in game. Maybe allow laptops but find a way to use them only as a keyboard?

4) Maybe show the crowd a little bit more, instead of showing the empty computer seats sometimes? Like when people are eating in front of the studio, or seating in the main room?
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Image
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1202
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

20 Jul 2019, 16:27

Kaiserklein wrote:I won't answer this poll because it's hard as someone who attended the event (I didn't really watch enough of the stream to answer the questions). But I can say this event was near perfect, really professional and smooth. I was surprised it was THAT good, well done guys!
As a player, for the sake of nitpicking, there were very few negative things, which I'm gonna point out here for you guys to improve it, though I think I told inter already.

1) The white noise in the headsets could be improved a bit. It's weird to hear people clapping, or some caster shouting, when something exciting is happening/about to happen. It gives you information you shouldn't have, and doesn't help focus.

2) Would be nice to have a couple extra practice computers, as it was a bit hard to get a spot sometimes.

3) There needs to be a rule about the laptop thing. As much as I appreciated being able to use my own laptop, and as much as a bunch of clueless people in twitch chats kept overreacting about it being a HUGE advantage or some other bullshit, it's true it's an advantage to some extent, or at least it's more comfortable for me. Also sucks we couldn't see my point of view in game. Maybe allow laptops but find a way to use them only as a keyboard?

4) Maybe show the crowd a little bit more, instead of showing the empty computer seats sometimes? Like when people are eating in front of the studio, or seating in the main room?

Look in discord, there's a link to a poll for people who went to the lan.
"STOP EATING LIKE A NOOB - GET GAMERFOOD" - Johnathan FATAL1TY Wendel

FROM IVY, OUT MIDDLE, THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR, LIKE A SPEED DEMON
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9307
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

20 Jul 2019, 16:28

I totally agree with what kaiser said, insane event !
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 7782
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

20 Jul 2019, 16:30

I had a slightly different experience being an attendee rather than an online viewer but I had thoughts all the same. Thanks!
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 7782
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

20 Jul 2019, 16:32

Riotcoke wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I won't answer this poll because it's hard as someone who attended the event (I didn't really watch enough of the stream to answer the questions). But I can say this event was near perfect, really professional and smooth. I was surprised it was THAT good, well done guys!
As a player, for the sake of nitpicking, there were very few negative things, which I'm gonna point out here for you guys to improve it, though I think I told inter already.

1) The white noise in the headsets could be improved a bit. It's weird to hear people clapping, or some caster shouting, when something exciting is happening/about to happen. It gives you information you shouldn't have, and doesn't help focus.

2) Would be nice to have a couple extra practice computers, as it was a bit hard to get a spot sometimes.

3) There needs to be a rule about the laptop thing. As much as I appreciated being able to use my own laptop, and as much as a bunch of clueless people in twitch chats kept overreacting about it being a HUGE advantage or some other bullshit, it's true it's an advantage to some extent, or at least it's more comfortable for me. Also sucks we couldn't see my point of view in game. Maybe allow laptops but find a way to use them only as a keyboard?

4) Maybe show the crowd a little bit more, instead of showing the empty computer seats sometimes? Like when people are eating in front of the studio, or seating in the main room?

Look in discord, there's a link to a poll for people who went to the lan.

Link?
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1202
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

20 Jul 2019, 16:33

SirCallen wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I won't answer this poll because it's hard as someone who attended the event (I didn't really watch enough of the stream to answer the questions). But I can say this event was near perfect, really professional and smooth. I was surprised it was THAT good, well done guys!
As a player, for the sake of nitpicking, there were very few negative things, which I'm gonna point out here for you guys to improve it, though I think I told inter already.

1) The white noise in the headsets could be improved a bit. It's weird to hear people clapping, or some caster shouting, when something exciting is happening/about to happen. It gives you information you shouldn't have, and doesn't help focus.

2) Would be nice to have a couple extra practice computers, as it was a bit hard to get a spot sometimes.

3) There needs to be a rule about the laptop thing. As much as I appreciated being able to use my own laptop, and as much as a bunch of clueless people in twitch chats kept overreacting about it being a HUGE advantage or some other bullshit, it's true it's an advantage to some extent, or at least it's more comfortable for me. Also sucks we couldn't see my point of view in game. Maybe allow laptops but find a way to use them only as a keyboard?

4) Maybe show the crowd a little bit more, instead of showing the empty computer seats sometimes? Like when people are eating in front of the studio, or seating in the main room?

Look in discord, there's a link to a poll for people who went to the lan.

Link?

I sent you a dm as i don't think escape wants a load of people who didn't go to have it possibly.
"STOP EATING LIKE A NOOB - GET GAMERFOOD" - Johnathan FATAL1TY Wendel

FROM IVY, OUT MIDDLE, THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR, LIKE A SPEED DEMON
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Lancer
Posts: 609
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

20 Jul 2019, 16:37

Need more camera activity ,Need a camera man focusing on capturing the reactions of audiences, players,third person view while walking from here and there ,etc ,eating food ,etc .
Image
Image
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 7782
ESO: KTRAlN
Location: Midwest best west

20 Jul 2019, 16:40

Thanks Riot.

I answered the attendees form too. Willingness to attend another LAN may be more rooted in monetary reasons than enjoyment of this one. I'd of course love to attend another aoe3 event.
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1202
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

20 Jul 2019, 16:43

Challenger_Marco wrote:Need more camera activity ,Need a camera man focusing on capturing the reactions of audiences, players,third person view while walking from here and there ,etc ,eating food ,etc .

Obviously you didn't see Ear's work as a cameraman for the event :P
"STOP EATING LIKE A NOOB - GET GAMERFOOD" - Johnathan FATAL1TY Wendel

FROM IVY, OUT MIDDLE, THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR, LIKE A SPEED DEMON
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Lancer
Posts: 609
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

20 Jul 2019, 16:44

Riotcoke wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:Need more camera activity ,Need a camera man focusing on capturing the reactions of audiences, players,third person view while walking from here and there ,etc ,eating food ,etc .

Obviously you didn't see Ear's work as a cameraman for the event :P

Well he did some camera work but the content is not enough ,need more action & talking to it ,if its like a real VLOG i would be happy ,i want to see people reacting to the game ie when they clap ,shout etc
Image
Image
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4027
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

20 Jul 2019, 20:00

Kaiserklein wrote:3) There needs to be a rule about the laptop thing. As much as I appreciated being able to use my own laptop, and as much as a bunch of clueless people in twitch chats kept overreacting about it being a HUGE advantage or some other bullshit, it's true it's an advantage to some extent, or at least it's more comfortable for me. Also sucks we couldn't see my point of view in game. Maybe allow laptops but find a way to use them only as a keyboard?

One other thing about laptops:

I actually couldn't really care less about the whole "comfortability" thing. I think if the players really brought everything they needed to replicate their settings on the computer it shouldn't feel any different from their home computer for the most part, and any real differences would just come from the whole LAN experience itself.

The main problem with allowing laptops at LANs is lag. Oftentimes the laptop's specs just won't be on the same level as the other computers, and I think it can and does cause lag. Well, there's this and also it makes it easier for people to potentially cheat and stuff like that (not an accusation, just a simple fact).
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 5915

20 Jul 2019, 20:07

Yeah was shocked about how well it was setup up. Even the overlays for the map picking and the upcoming matches with the player pictures and times was cool to look at. Agree with kaiser youd hear clapping and kinda gives something away/distracting.
Also agree with the practise computers. Sharing a bed was cute an all but hes a farter so that was less pleasant.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Skirmisher
Posts: 156
Location: United Kingdom

20 Jul 2019, 20:52

SirCallen wrote:Thanks Riot.

I answered the attendees form too. Willingness to attend another LAN may be more rooted in monetary reasons than enjoyment of this one. I'd of course love to attend another aoe3 event.


I filled out the above link, can you forward me the LAN one, didnt realize there were 2, cheers!

Forum Info

Return to “Tournament Information and Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest