New World Championship 2019 betting discussion

Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Re: New World Championship 2019 betting discussion

Post by sebnan12 »

@edeholland ye ur right cancel my donation and accept spankys
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Unsubscribe, I don't want to be tagged in this shit
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

iwillspankyou wrote:tbh fuck your bets if you cannot be fair about it
What's wrong?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

@Goodspeed why are you tagging yourself?
@Sargsyan(tagging myself to see if I'll get a notification)
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

10/10 sig
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

if this is your finally ruling @Goodspeed you can put the rest of my betting to @zoom cos I cannot care less
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I give my last point to @zoom and I am out of this betting, and any tricke should come my way, just forward it to @zoom
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

You look like me when I was loosing in Monopoly at 8 years old @spanky4ever
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Sargsyan wrote:@Goodspeed why are you tagging yourself?
@Sargsyan(tagging myself to see if I'll get a notification)
I copy the names in the betting sheet, paste them into notepad++ and add a "@" in front of their names then paste them between the spoiler (and then I add @Hazza54321).
I don't actually get a notification, which I guess you know now, so I never bother to remove my own name.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:if this is your finally ruling @Goodspeed you can put the rest of my betting to @zoom cos I cannot care less
I mean, they even ended up playing the final game and it was 3-0 so, yeah, it's my final ruling :huh:
Sound bug is not a reason to replay a game, let alone a whole series. Not even on the highest level. It's really not as big of a deal as you think. Top players have come out and said this in the other thread, so if you still don't believe it I don't know what to tell you.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Way to go Spanky! You managed (once again) to make a complete fool of yourself.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Goodspeed wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:if this is your finally ruling @Goodspeed you can put the rest of my betting to @zoom cos I cannot care less
I mean, they even ended up playing the final game and it was 3-0 so, yeah, it's my final ruling :huh:
Sound bug is not a reason to replay a game, let alone a whole series. Not even on the highest level. It's really not as big of a deal as you think. Top players have come out and said this in the other thread, so if you still don't believe it I don't know what to tell you.

Ok.ok. I am happy that all the games were played. And sorry for the trouble :oops:
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

is there a problem with the bets, after the kynesie vs turk match i seemed to have lost points, when i was meant to gain them @Goodspeed ?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah I made a mistake and set the winner incorrectly, am writing a script to restore points atm. After that I will do the payouts for kynesie vs turk
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

thanks. atleast i magically got some points to bet on the next match lol
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Tank you for the points. I promptly squandered them. Although it's inadvisable to count 2-0 as a 3-0 (either you void all bets on the series, or void all bets but the match-line; someone's unavoidably getting potentially fucked, regardless), the series ended up being finalized, so let's just move on. Speaking of which, why the fuck would you close the thread? That's just ESOC moderating!

Finally, a couple of suggestions:

1. Attempt to close bets before the first game is decided (ideally as the game starts on stream). Failing that, please attempt to study convenient edits made after game start, and undo them accordingly. I've highlighted this many times in the past, with limited success, and it continues to be a regular problem.

2. Increase the frequency (especially early) of house points gifts to all participants. Increased participation must be a priority. This is all about fun. How am I supposed to have any fun without any points? I've highlighted this several times in the past, with some success. I would suggest a weekly gift of at least 500 to each participant, from the gecko. Damn the inflation!

3. If technically reasonable, remove the ability to see individual participants bets ahead of settlement. It adds nothing to the competition while taking tons away. Instead, show only volume wagered per outcome.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:1. Attempt to close bets before the first game is decided (ideally as the game starts on stream). Failing that, please attempt to study convenient edits made after game start, and undo them accordingly. I've highlighted this many times in the past, with limited success, and it continues to be a regular problem.
I thought I had been relatively on time so far, at least for the streamed matches, but may be wrong. I rarely actually watch the streams so it's hard to be on top of knowing exactly when the games start. If anyone feels so inclined, it helps to send me a discord message when a match starts.
2. Increase the frequency (especially early) of house points gifts to all participants. Increased participation must be a priority. This is all about fun. How am I supposed to have any fun without any points? I've highlighted this several times in the past, with some success. I would suggest a weekly gift of at least 500 to each participant, from the gecko.
This is kind of what donations are for. If you lost all your points and really want to play, all you need to do is go begging. You'll always find someone willing. The thing with giving everyone points regularly is that it would lower the stakes. Upping the stakes, having something on the line when watching matches is pretty much the point of the event. One likely effect would be that people throw points on the highest odds without looking back. So it would increase the numbers, but there would be less thought put into each bet, less emotional investment, so in that way it might actually decrease participation.
Mostly I think this way is working pretty well and don't see the need to change up. For such a small community, participation is actually pretty high.
3. Remove the ability to see individual participants bets ahead of settlement. It adds nothing to the competition while taking tons away. Instead, show only volume wagered per outcome.
I do agree this would be better but it's not a trivial change, due to the way google sheets permissions work. To me it's not worth spending time on.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Enter @gh0st. After a reign of 6 matches, @yemshi had to give up his hard-earned first place to a man (?) who came out of nowhere. He had been doing well, minding his own business at 3k points, but sitting in 8th place he wasn't really in the picture. That changed when in the span of 2 matches, he jumped to 11730 points. With decisive and, more importantly, correct bets on Tit vs yoqpasa and MASTERdutch vs PaulusMaximus, he left a gap of 4000 points between him and @TheNameDaniel. Now, gh0st has 19000 points and the gap is 6000. Long may he reign.

We are looking at a top 3 with an average consistency score of 93%. That's no joke. All 3 of these guys know what they're doing, and the fight for first place is far from over. And historically, wins of over 10000 points in a single match aren't exactly common but will usually happen at least once per event, so even an outsider may come out of nowhere and snatch away the prize.

The most consistent better so far this event, with a perfect score of 100%, is still @TheNameDaniel. He has been in second place for 8 out of the 11 matches so far, and I believe he is getting close to the all time consistency record, which if I recall correctly is 12 out of 12. He has now won points in 11 out of 11 matches he participated in, which is actually all of the matches. Kid might be hacking, but I'm rooting for him. Who doesn't like to see records broken?

Oh, and by the way, @zoom needs points again.

Bets are opened for 5 more matches scheduled for this weekend.

Kaiserklein vs Garja (scheduled for somewhat early tomorrow, at 14:30 GMT)

Mitoe vs Hazza54321
ramex12 vs raikou_
GiBthedurrty vs EAGLEMUT
kaister vs PĂ©rez

(all scheduled for Sunday)

Once again, good luck to all!

[spoiler=tags]@Goodspeed
@XeeleeFlower
@Snuden
@j_t_kirk
@Sargsyan
@Kawapasaka
@Garja
@HUMMAN
@yemshi
@YungPinch
@Mitoe
@deleted_user
@Kynesie
@deleted_user2
@dicktator_
@edeholland
@Warno
@charlemango
@Lukas_L99
@Thrar
@idriss24
@oxaloacetate
@princeofkabul
@zoom
@bwinner
@BrookG
@Scroogie
@kaister
@KINGofOsmane
@Cometk
@EAGLEMUT
@blackwidow
@TheNameDaniel
@tabben
@MaJoOorchEf_GaZa
@tedere12
@bobabu
@gh0st
@jsimons1289
@GiBthedurrty
@Squamiger
@Ekosy
@sebnan12
@eulergauss
@Kaiserklein
@boyu
@Aykin Haraka
@SoldieR
@ForeverAndBeyond
@spanky4ever
@SSSSS93
@mino2
@deleted_user5
@Guigs
@Charlesh
@sheckler
@queenvalkat
@dishonored
@flontier
@ramex12
@fightinfrenchman
@Lunatic_Fringe
@thakronickid420
@Scifi
@vividlyplain
@MrRewindThat[/spoiler]
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

unsubscribe
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP