ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Integrity and Fair Play

Post by gibson »

damn im big mad that i missed this series and the drama with it
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

I thought ESO was played on dedicated servers, how can a users IP be checked? unless this was game ranger.
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher
ESO: Gafur

Post by Gafur »

gibson wrote:damn im big mad that i missed this series and the drama with it

same lol big F
mentally healthy
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

@gustavusadolphus The ESO servers just connect you to a peer-to-peer game. We're not going to share their IPs obviously, but there are many people involved in this decision who saw the match (and everyone one of those admins have a lot of integrity within this community).
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

lordraphael wrote:oh tit you put it to the last game of the series. why did you have to cheat ? Pretty sure after winning 3 games you could have won the last game aswell. But its the right decision to ban both of them. They are both equally guilty in my eyes. Maybe it should be clarified for non native speakers that they are actually not perma banned.

They're equally guilty but Kynesie deserves more ridicule for throwing away a free vacation
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America jap_jon
Musketeer

Post by jap_jon »

Lol IPs are not private...
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Interjection wrote:@gustavusadolphus We're not going to share their IPs obviously, but there are many people involved in this decision who saw the match (and everyone one of those admins have a lot of integrity within this community).

Gustav is skeptical of the ability to IP check via ESO account
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

gustavusadolphus wrote:I thought ESO was played on dedicated servers, how can a users IP be checked? unless this was game ranger.

ESO works similarly to GameRanger, there is currently no way to play AoE3 over a dedicated server that would handle the matches.
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Really disappointing from Tit, he put up a good fight and might have been able to qualify by playing it out himself. I don't even know how one can feel comfortable going to a LAN tournament after having cheated anyway. It's quite a despicable behaviour in such an important tourney.
Even more disappointing from Kynesie. He legit won his series vs tabben and deserved to be qualified... What a stupid way to throw it all down the drain. A very dumb move.

I still feel sorry for having started a shitstorm in the chat during the last game, it kind of ruined the game and I could have been wrong about it, should have just pmed an admin.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

AoE3 has a peer-to-peer network architecture. When you are in-game, you disconnect from ESO entirely and connect directly to the other players. This is why when ESO goes down you can complete the game.
United States of America gustavusadolphus
Lancer

Post by gustavusadolphus »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
gustavusadolphus wrote:I thought ESO was played on dedicated servers, how can a users IP be checked? unless this was game ranger.

ESO works similarly to GameRanger, there is currently no way to play AoE3 over a dedicated server that would handle the matches.

If that's true then I can believe an IP check is possible.
thanksh
10000 gallon fiberglass, FNS plus DE filter 48 square foot, ray pack Mini Max 512 BTU gas heater, one Sip n Oodle, NO ZEOSAND
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I wonder if banning either player indefinitely is consistent with past cheating sanctions. I also wonder if banning Kynesie from the continued event is. These are relevant questions, as they pertain to certain rules that must be consistently and fairly applied. I recall finding past decisions ā€“ in identical or similar cases ā€“ lenient, by comparison
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

gustavusadolphus wrote:Is evidence of these accusations going to shared?

Unlikely. We don't want to instruct future potential cheaters on how to get away with their antics. All I can say right now is that certain details raised our suspicions and an IP check confirmed those suspicions. We are obviously not keen on sharing IP-addresses from other players and we won't disclose how exactly the IP-check was performed for the same reasons.

ESOC has had a near perfect reputation for the past few years and everyone working on this incredible project is putting many hours per week into securing the best possible experience for players and staff during tournaments. Just like we value the integrity of the players, we also value the integrity of our staff. The evidence was gathered carefully and impartially by a team. I hope I can convince you of our impartiality during these types of investigations without compromising our methods.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

zoom wrote:I wonder if banning either player indefinitely is consistent with past cheating sanctions. I also wonder if banning Kynesie from the continued event is. These are relevant questions, as they pertain to certain rules that must be consistently and fairly applied. I recall finding past decisions ā€“ in identical or similar cases ā€“ lenient, by comparison

Indefinitely means it's variable, not fixed. I.e the ban isn't perma

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain CripSAV
Crossbow
ESO: RevolutionX

Post by CripSAV »

I'm very disappointed that this actually happened considering it was 3-3. The correct decision was made.

Nevertheless, congratulations Erik, you deserve it <3
"Mosks + kavs"
"Skins + gons"
- Kickass, ladies and gentlemen.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

this is like roiar uhlan thing all over again but even more bigger names on the line.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Argentina RFijo
Crossbow
ESO: RFijo
GameRanger ID: 2007595

Post by RFijo »

imo send garja instead tit to lan
Netherlands Vafurx
Crossbow
Donator 02

Post by Vafurx »

FeelsBadMan. Why would you do it? So stupid, so not worth it.

Glad it was found out and we can still have fun at the LAN. :)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
gustavusadolphus wrote:Is evidence of these accusations going to shared?

Unlikely. We don't want to instruct future potential cheaters on how to get away with their antics. All I can say right now is that certain details raised our suspicions and an IP check confirmed those suspicions. We are obviously not keen on sharing IP-addresses from other players and we won't disclose how exactly the IP-check was performed for the same reasons.

ESOC has had a near perfect reputation for the past few years and everyone working on this incredible project is putting many hours per week into securing the best possible experience for players and staff during tournaments. Just like we value the integrity of the players, we also value the integrity of our staff. The evidence was gathered carefully and impartially by a team. I hope I can convince you of our impartiality during these types of investigations without compromising our methods.

Since Interjection seems to agree then I trust the results of the investigation
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

flontier wrote:Kynesie trying to pull-trick Tit at the lan.
tabben and snowww got alt-d

how they arent abusable mechanics ???

(Im a 2nd lt and pull trick sioux infantry, its not hard)

On another note this is really sad to hear about those two individuals :(
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

zoom wrote:I wonder if banning either player indefinitely is consistent with past cheating sanctions. I also wonder if banning Kynesie from the continued event is. These are relevant questions, as they pertain to certain rules that must be consistently and fairly applied. I recall finding past decisions ā€“ in identical or similar cases ā€“ lenient, by comparison

There is precedent for this decision.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Title of best water player is up for grasp.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

As I'm sure you're aware, 'indefinitely' simply means 'until further notice'. The last smurfing case before this one that I can recall would be the Butifle and Sir_Musket controversy. Both players were banned indefinitely in the first place. Butifle was unbanned after half a year and Sir_Musket remains banned due to this, among with other incidents. There will be discussions in the following days about the definite length of the bans. Compared to the Butifle and Sir_Musket case, the scale and impact of this incident is much bigger. We will attempt to hand down consistent bans in line with previous cheating incidents, and we strive to treat each player fairly.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Mr_Bramboy wrote: Butifle was unbanned after half a year

The same thing happened to me after a "lifetime" ban
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

More checks for tournament matches

Post by Riotcoke »

With the tonight's smurfing by Tit and Kynesie, is it possible that the possibility of players smurfing that actions should be taken in all tournament games to check if players are cheating?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV