NWC Tournament Disqualifications - Tit and kynesie

Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Re: Integrity and Fair Play

Post by bobabu »

bwinner1 wrote:
bobabu wrote:There were obvious differences besides the IP. That's why your statement shouldn't be only about the IP. Also, the IP can be changed. So in the future, tournaments still wouldn't be protected against people who share a computer or alter their IP.

IP adress is not related to the computer, it's related to the place in the network.

I am not talking about the computer sharing. Changing the IP is possible.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
bobabu wrote:There were obvious differences besides the IP. That's why your statement shouldn't be only about the IP.

If we were to point out in detail everything that helped us identify the rule breach, it would likely serve to immensely help other potential cheaters to get away with similar infractions in the future.

I thought about that but why do you mention the ip then?
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

@Hazza54321 Let kynesie play the water map for you at the lan. He has some free time now. Trust me they aren't gonna notice.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I find it very interesting that it was so apparent to most that it was kynesie playing. I guess I am too naively unsuspecting for this world.
Earth King_Kazi
Crossbow
ESO: sultan_kazi

Post by King_Kazi »

This is just sad. People were saying it was Kynesie during stream but thought it was just twitch chat being twitch chat.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

bobabu wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
bobabu wrote:There were obvious differences besides the IP. That's why your statement shouldn't be only about the IP.

If we were to point out in detail everything that helped us identify the rule breach, it would likely serve to immensely help other potential cheaters to get away with similar infractions in the future.

I thought about that but why do you mention the ip then?

kinda as a proof. Because it CONFIRMS everything and is enough of a reason.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@Vinyanyérë Well let's get that unban going
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
iCourt wrote:So my question is how will we be preventing this in the future?

I'd say we did pretty well. We noticed the signals and acted on it immediately. Ultimately, it is up to the players to set the right example.

You did a great job. Maybe a discussion best handled in staff forums as the next time this happens will likely be more sophisticated.

Great catch by you all, and it's unfortunate this happened today.
Great Britain MrRewindThat
Crossbow
ESO: ⭐★彡ELiYaH彡★⭐
Clan: HvNy

Post by MrRewindThat »

This is a good day for esoc as it is a reaffirms the professionalism and dedication that esoc are putting into the community, and trying to maintain a clean an and quality community !

Big rep for the staff of ESOC!

Thank you
:nwc: 2019 spectator :flowers:
Great Britain MrRewindThat
Crossbow
ESO: ⭐★彡ELiYaH彡★⭐
Clan: HvNy

Post by MrRewindThat »

Also please don’t reveal how you caught cheaters for future, so players don’t try to circumvent detection!
:nwc: 2019 spectator :flowers:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I believe that kynesie is a Russian troll who learned AoE 3 to help tear apart the fabric of ESOC
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Big money on the line means big cheats. I’d also investigate possible map hacking with these top players. As I’ve always said it’s not physically possible to be as good as some of these top players are.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Opening up a ninth spot for the Lan

Post by bobabu »

You should look into the games of garja and iamturk against Tit. And potentially let them battle out for another spot at the tournament if they also got cheated on.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Anyone above capt probably using some ergogenic substance as well

Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Post by t3rror1sta »

kynesie's fan-clubs around the world are in mourning.
Sad day for us.

But the show must goes on.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Re: Opening up a ninth spot for the Lan

Post by bwinner »

bobabu wrote:You should look into the games of garja and iamturk against Tit. And potentially let them battle out for another spot at the tournament if they also got cheated on.

even a 10th, Tit has cheated vs me !
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Re: Opening up a ninth spot for the Lan

Post by bobabu »

Well I would say you three should battle it out then.
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

A true shame. Liked Kynesie way back for terrorizing with wall strats thus causing a whole new patch to be created. But when I heard about the cheats on his desktop lost all respect for him. Really don’t know how everyone seems to have forgotten that incident.

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

I too liked kynesie for going against the grain of the crooked establishment, but have now realized he is a dirty cheat. I am the equivalent of a mid-60's white guy who voted for Trump in 2016 and will now vote for Biden in 2020.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

For the record, screensharing with someone who like live coach you during the game, which is what I thought they did at first, is that allowed or considered cheating?
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

cant moderate it.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well bigger games have lan tourneys, for the hype but also because it's the only way to really check there's no cheating. For example you could even have someone playing at your place, with your ip and on your account, and no one will be able to tell. Obviously we can't afford to always have lan for aoe3 tourneys so the current way to do it is as good as it gets
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

lemmings121 wrote:imho: past bans for smurfs have been more lenient, but circumstances also were different. They literally tried to steal a flight to uk from snow, and potentially a 4k usd prize from the other players, not to mention escapetv.
I'm sure the decision to ban kynesie as well as tit is the right one here.

eh

From what I recall there's been two bans for smurfing in the past. Once for Hazza smurfing on bobabu in Autumn 2016 and once for Butifle smurfing on Sir_Musket in 2nd Chance Autumn 2017. In both cases both players involved were immediately DQ'd. In the former case there were no further penalties besides the DQ. In the latter case there were further penalties; I'm not sure if those further penalties were completely specified, but they ended up amounting to a season-long ban for Butifle (no major was run in Spring 2018; instead there were a sequence of weekend tournaments run for a "tournament season") and Sir_Musket was banned from forums and tournaments for unrelated reasons making the question for him irrelevant.

From that precedence, I don't think there can be any question as to whether or not there should be an immediate DQ of the players involved, no matter what the circumstances are. The only way in which this action would be harsher than before then is in determining how long the indefinite tournament ban is. In the context of a free flight to the UK, a 4k tournament, and an opportunity to hang out with SoldieR irl, that seems a little like debating whether or not to punish someone with 30 years in prison or 30 years in prison plus they have to pay their $50 parking ticket. Regardless, I'm not convinced that it's harsher even with the indefinite tournament ban. Like, since indefinite can be as long or as short as you like, you can either divorce the context from the actions and make "indefinite" a short amount of time consistent with prior admin actions, or you can account for the context and the inconvenience that's caused and make "indefinite" a long amount of time still consistent with prior admin actions.

unrelated: It's probably worth noting that EscapeAoE is a third-party organization not technically affiliated with ESOC, they have full-time employees whose career and livelihood is materially affected by the success of the organization, and I'd be very surprised and impressed if this event came at a net profit to them. I'm speculating heavily now, but it seems likely that Interjection is the main representative of AoE3 at EscapeAoE, and it's not a good look when a major event like this has this kind of stuff. EscapeAoE's willingness to be involved with AoE3 isn't a guarantee and it's probably a good idea for everyone to do their best not to screw it up.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Vinyanyérë wrote:In the context of a free flight to the UK, a 4k tournament, and an opportunity to hang out with SoldieR irlThe :ear:

FTFY
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Hawk_Girl wrote:For the record, screensharing with someone who like live coach you during the game, which is what I thought they did at first, is that allowed or considered cheating?

I don't think that this is explicitly forbidden (maybe it should be) but definitely don't do this
duck
:mds:
imo