NWC Tournament Disqualifications - Tit and kynesie

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Re: Integrity and Fair Play

Post by Dolan »

@Goodspeed
I don't consider social media attention-whoring a real career. But yeah, for some people it works out. It's a clowns' world, after all.
This bubble is going to burst at some point, though.
Considering the first thing humans would do on any alternative planets is getting the internet up and running, being a social media celebrity is going to be a viable career choice all the same.
You might want to get out of this civilization. Good luck with that though

I was planning on starting a new species, anyway. This one will split in the not-so-distant future for sure. And I won't be in that offshoot that includes social media whoring as a career.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Who, or should I say what, are you going to mate with to start this new species?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

bobabu wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Not saying my smurfing ban was unjustified at all but i knew I wouldn’t beat wicked and bobabu was serving in Military. I told wicked after but ofc the ban was 100% deserved. I do not think they should be perma banned from future tournaments (not because theyre top players, they do provide good entertainment however) but because both are nice guys and it was clearly out of character. Think they deserve forgiveness by the time the next tournament occurs

Maybe it was good we set the precedent. Like that they were more prepared.

ye we should all thank them and pay for their ticket to england so they can be mascottes!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Goodspeed wrote:Who, or should I say what, are you going to impregnate to start this new species?

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Ah, yes, of course
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote:Who, or should I say what, are you going to mate with to start this new species?

Why are you assuming reproduction will still be a thing in the future?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Fair enough
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:Not saying my smurfing ban was unjustified at all but i knew I wouldn’t beat wicked and bobabu was serving in Military. I told wicked after but ofc the ban was 100% deserved. I do not think they should be perma banned from future tournaments (not because theyre top players, they do provide good entertainment however) but because both are nice guys and it was clearly out of character. Think they deserve forgiveness by the time the next tournament occurs

Kynesie is clearly a nice guy, and however insanely stupid it sounds, he probably just wanted to help his mate.
Is tit a nice guy though? I mean how low do you have to be to let someone else qualify for you, so that you can steal someone's spot (and his money), and then go meet everyone at lan, including the tourney admins?? For me, he has no honor, he doesn't even have the pride and self respect to try to win himself, it's just ugly. Honestly all it does is make me think all the lag switch accusations might have been justified the whole time.

While I'm a bit sad kynesie is disqualified, even though it's deserved, I'm glad tit is. He has no place in a tournament with that kind of mentality and behaviour
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Dolan wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Who, or should I say what, are you going to mate with to start this new species?

Why are you assuming reproduction will still be a thing in the future?

Will you live up to that future, though?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yea, I agree.
Tit and kynesie are very different. I don't think anyone cares about Tit getting dq'd.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

I hope they will give us explanations about why they did this now.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I'm not mad that you smurfed in a tourney game, however, I am very disappointed!
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, I agree.
Tit and kynesie are very different. I don't think anyone cares about Tit getting dq'd.
I actually do care about it because I've always enjoyed watching his games. This whole situation makes me feel really disappointed and sad. Maybe I'm just too invested in this community.

We're also going to miss out on people raging in real life against Kynesie walls. Someone in the top 8 needs to fill this void, I feel. You have 2 months to practice Kynesie builds.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yea, I agree.
I actually do care about it because I've always enjoyed watching his games. This whole situation makes me feel really disappointed and sad. Maybe I'm just too invested in this community.

We're also going to miss out on people raging in real life against Kynesie walls. Someone in the top 8 needs to fill this void, I feel. You have 2 months to practice Kynesie builds.

You enjoy watching Tit's games? That's inteteresting.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

bwinner1 wrote:I hope they will give us explanations about why they did this now.
dont wait for exscuse becuase i dont think they ll do
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

bwinner1 wrote:I hope they will give us explanations about why they did this now.

There is no explanation necessary, the reason is quite obvious. It was clearly planned with the intention of cheating on the tourney (and therefore money) outcome, they knew exactly what they were trying to do
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

jesus3 wrote:

There is no explanation necessary, the reason is quite obvious. It was clearly planned with the intention of cheating on the tourney (and therefore money) outcome, they knew exactly what they were trying to do

Yeah but there are 6 other people in the tourney. It seems really bizarre for kynesie to give up a free vacation and a chance to win
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It seems really bizarre for kynesie to give up a free vacation and a chance to win
The staff finding out about it obviously wasn't part of the plan. It seems like it was an impulsive decision, but very likely neither of them thought there was any way anyone would find out. The civ reset was a nice catch and apparently something they didn't take into account
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Btw I suggest changing the thread title to make it reflect the content more and make it easier to find in the future
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

jesus3 wrote:

I think that competing at LAN with expenses paid was more of an incentive for Tit than the main prizes themselves, which, to be fair, he was unlikely to get.

But then... was it like "yeah, and in the final round you will play, kynesie :hehe: :hehe: "
or
"Brother, I am 3:3 vs this snowww. Hepl... me..." to which kynesie acted impulsively

:hmm:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

What is weird is that Kynesie is a software dev, afaik, so he should have known there are programs which can capture data packets from network traffic. All you need is to run that program on a computer which is in the p2p connection and you can see the IPs with which you're exchanging data packets.
They either underestimated esoc or they thought nobody would suspect anything.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Well would there be enough suspicion to pause the game for an IP check without that civ reset? People may have remarked that it looked like a Kynesie build but that would be explained by them practicing together.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Maybe this should be standard procedure from now on, at least in the latest qualifying stages of a tourney, when the stakes are getting higher.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

In the interest of integrity I feel I must disclose that during the 2018 Telethon @gustavusadolphus used performance enhancing drugs (5 hour energy) to stay awake.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:In the interest of integrity I feel I must disclose that during the 2018 Telethon @gustavusadolphus used performance enhancing drugs (5 hour energy) to stay awake.

outrageous! But I'm willing to let it go since it was for a good cause