NWC Tournament Disqualifications - Tit and kynesie

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: Integrity and Fair Play

Post by Riotcoke »

Dolan wrote:What is weird is that Kynesie is a software dev, afaik, so he should have known there are programs which can capture data packets from network traffic. All you need is to run that program on a computer which is in the p2p connection and you can see the IPs with which you're exchanging data packets.
They either underestimated esoc or they thought nobody would suspect anything.

They just underestimated anyone recognizing that his civ changed, I don't think anyone saw except Kaiser.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Dolan wrote:Maybe this should be standard procedure from now on, at least in the latest qualifying stages of a tourney, when the stakes are getting higher.

upvote
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Riotcoke wrote:
Dolan wrote:What is weird is that Kynesie is a software dev, afaik, so he should have known there are programs which can capture data packets from network traffic. All you need is to run that program on a computer which is in the p2p connection and you can see the IPs with which you're exchanging data packets.

They just underestimated anyone recognizing that his civ changed, I don't think anyone saw except Kaiser.

I saw that, but thought that he got kicked out of ESO / had to reset
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Imperial Noob wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

I saw that, but thought that he got kicked out of ESO / had to reset

What i meant was people saw the change but only Kaiser pointed out that it was out of the ordinary

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Kynesie had a real shot at winning the tournament. Of course, he has an incentive to kick out snowww, the one guy that actually beat him in the finals. I don't know why you feel sorry for him.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

plz disqualify him from future Telethons, and next time run a DNA check during the game
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

bobabu wrote:Kynesie had a real shot at winning the tournament. Of course, he has an incentive to kick out snowww, the one guy that actually beat him in the finals. I don't know why you feel sorry for him.

With the rule set i don't think Kynesie could of won, players are just stronger than him mechanically and would wipe him in a bo9

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

bobabu wrote:Kynesie had a real shot at winning the tournament. Of course, he has an incentive to kick out snowww, the one guy that actually beat him in the finals. I don't know why you feel sorry for him.
To be fair that's likely not why they did it. I would think they simply were excited about the possibility to meet each other at the LAN, maybe Kynesie is shy, feels out of place with the rest of the community and wanted someone he knew to be there, and the only way Tit would have come is if his expenses would be paid for. I like to think they made this choice not out of a desire to win or out of malice towards snowww or the tournament itself but because it was their one opportunity to meet up.
That's obviously no excuse though.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Goodspeed wrote:
To be fair that's likely not why they did it. I would think they simply were excited about the possibility to meet each other at the LAN, maybe Kynesie is shy, feels out of place with the rest of the community and wanted someone he knew to be there, and the only way Tit would have come is if his expenses would be paid for. I'd like to think they made this choice not out of a desire to win or out of malice towards snowww or the tournament itself but because it was their one opportunity to meet up.

This makes sense seeing as tit doesn't speak English

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Goodspeed wrote:
To be fair that's likely not why they did it. I would think they simply were excited about the possibility to meet each other at the LAN, maybe Kynesie is shy, feels out of place with the rest of the community and wanted someone he knew to be there, and the only way Tit would have come is if his expenses would be paid for. I like to think they made this choice not out of a desire to win or out of malice towards snowww or the tournament itself but because it was their one opportunity to meet up.

If this was the case, I am sure we all would have helped towards a solution. Escape and ESOC are certainly opting to make LAN a fun experience to all both spectators and players.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
No Flag subhanshu
Dragoon

Post by subhanshu »

Btw interjection was the first person to notice the Dutch civ. When he wrote to tit that he locked in Dutch and is now picking ports.
That is what made everyone pay attention to it.
Regardless tit could have atleast tried game 9 by himself and he still had a pretty decent shot. Snowww was playing sloppy and definitely struggling vs the water/romaing around the whole series.
Will definitely miss kynesie style play/diversity in the lans.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

BrookG wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

If this was the case, I am sure we all would have helped towards a solution. Escape and ESOC are certainly opting to make LAN a fun experience to all both spectators and players.

Yes if anyone has a problem finding a friend at the lan. @Hazza54321 will talk to you for a small fee. Let's say a dinner with the champ for 150 and autographs 5 each.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:Honestly they should just be thankful they aren't permanently banned. I'd put this on a similar level to match fixing, which dota 2, sc2, and csgo have all permanently banned players for.

You seem to forget erik did the same in 2015.
And harry did and sirmusket did but the situation is very clearly different
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gibson wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:Honestly they should just be thankful they aren't permanently banned. I'd put this on a similar level to match fixing, which dota 2, sc2, and csgo have all permanently banned players for.

You seem to forget erik did the same in 2015.
And harry did and sirmusket did but the situation is very clearly different

Yes, but erik also did the same in 2016 in RO16 or RO8 so the situation wasn't that different, except there is more at stake here.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Let's not point fingers to people who did something in the past. Let's face the current reality. It is deeply sad for the whole community what happened, yet we have to live with the consequences.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

Very good reaction by the tournament staff, what a shitty move by Tit and Kynesie. Tit had to be disqualified as he wasn't playing himself which is cheating and Kynesie because a) he was helping to cheat and b) potentially getting the weaker player to the LAN which is kind of a cheat in itself. They must have felt that Tit couldn't win this game, otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: NWC Tournament Disqualifications - Tit and kynesie

Post by deleted_user0 »

Wouldn't it be fair to make a wildcard qualification for people who lost in the last round?

I mean, tabben losing to risi, winning lukas 3-2 and beating captain slayer osmane doesn't really feel deserved xD
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:Wouldn't it be fair to make a wildcard qualification for people who lost in the last round?

I mean, tabben losing to risi, winning lukas 3-2 and beating captain slayer osmane doesn't really feel deserved xD

I guess it's top late but I agree.
Likewise erik should have to play against turk.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

This is disgusting behaviour considering what the stakes were. It's also super frustrating because alot of people including myself liked watching Kynesie play because it almost always creates entertaining games. Very good decision from the tournament admins and i hope it doesn't have a negative impact on the AOE3 communitys reputation. Also I hate to say it but i have always found these two to be shady characters (suspicious lag/ freezing during tournament games, having known hacks on their desktop, the 3rd party and clearly unfair advantage UI that they use). I just hope they learn from their mistakes and can redeem themselves in the future, as it would be sad if they were to dissapear for good.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

samwise12 wrote:This is disgusting behaviour considering what the stakes were. It's also super frustrating because alot of people including myself liked watching Kynesie play because it almost always creates entertaining games. Very good decision from the tournament admins and i hope it doesn't have a negative impact on the AOE3 communitys reputation. Also I hate to say it but i have always found these two to be shady characters (suspicious lag/ freezing during tournament games, having known hacks on their desktop, the 3rd party and clearly unfair advantage UI that they use). I just hope they learn from their mistakes and can redeem themselves in the future, as it would be sad if they were to dissapear for good.

Is there any proof that either had hacks on their desktop?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Riotcoke wrote:
samwise12 wrote:This is disgusting behaviour considering what the stakes were. It's also super frustrating because alot of people including myself liked watching Kynesie play because it almost always creates entertaining games. Very good decision from the tournament admins and i hope it doesn't have a negative impact on the AOE3 communitys reputation. Also I hate to say it but i have always found these two to be shady characters (suspicious lag/ freezing during tournament games, having known hacks on their desktop, the 3rd party and clearly unfair advantage UI that they use). I just hope they learn from their mistakes and can redeem themselves in the future, as it would be sad if they were to dissapear for good.

Yes kynesie streamed and had maphack on his desktop
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

gibson wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

Yes kynesie streamed and had maphack on his desktop

Has anyone got the clip of it though?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

That's an old debate but he didn't use the maphack as such, just the oos fonction against moesbar cheaters in QS which is not an issue at all.

If you guys wonder why kynesie doesn't stream anymore btw,that's because he gets annoyed every time he does.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Wouldn't it be fair to make a wildcard qualification for people who lost in the last round?

I guess it's top late but I agree.
Likewise erik should have to play against turk.

Dunno if erik should have to replay, we can say he technically did beat his opponent, and unless tit and kynesie also cheated vs turk, then i see no reason for erik to replay.

Tabben shouldve replayed vs wicked and soldier tho.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:That's an old debate but he didn't use the maphack as such, just the oos fonction against moesbar cheaters in QS which is not an issue at all.
Sure buddy whatever you say