NWC Tournament Disqualifications - Tit and kynesie

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: NWC Tournament Disqualifications - Tit and kynesie

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:Because Kynesie lost a spot he actually earned by playing his own games, just because he tried to help someone else.

Do you think someone should get an lesser punishment if their crime to helping someone escape prison? IMO kynesie should get a harsher punishment for being a dumbass and giving up a free vacation
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Let's not exaggerate, this is just tournament fraud, it's not comparable to actual unlawful acts.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Dolan wrote:Let's not exaggerate, this is just tournament fraud, it's not comparable to actual unlawful acts.

It's worse IMO
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Dolan wrote:
Djigit wrote:It's not like Tit forced him to play on his account LUL
No, obviously, it's still tournament fraud what they both did.

But Kynesie had already qualified, he earned his spot. He just lost it because he participated in this scheme.

I'm just saying that if either of them want to improve their situation, that requires an action on their part.
I get your point, but I think it's better they keep a low profile. They are in no position to improve their case right now, may it be through apologies (super awkward) or an explanation, which wouldn't be admissible anyway imo.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Dolan wrote:Because Kynesie lost a spot he actually earned by playing his own games, just because he tried to help someone else.

Do you think someone should get an lesser punishment if their crime to helping someone escape prison? IMO kynesie should get a harsher punishment for being a dumbass and giving up a free vacation
That's where you're wrong. I'm not sure he gave up his free VACation Image
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Djigit wrote:I get your point, but I think it's better they keep a low profile. They are in no position to improve their case right now, may it be through apologies (super awkward) or an explanation, which wouldn't be admissible anyway imo.

I don't see how an apology to viewers/casters/admins could hurt.

At a bare minimum I think there should be some acknowledgement of wrongdoing on their part.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Warno wrote:
Djigit wrote:I get your point, but I think it's better they keep a low profile. They are in no position to improve their case right now, may it be through apologies (super awkward) or an explanation, which wouldn't be admissible anyway imo.

I don't see how an apology to viewers/casters/admins could hurt.

At a bare minimum I think there should be some acknowledgement of wrongdoing on their part.
The way I see thish, that's exactly what they are doing by not being here.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

As if it would be sincere, lol. "Esoc, im sorry i got caught!" We've seen multiple sir musket apologies already...

You apologize for something that you didnt do intentionally, or that you were later made to realize was wrong, while you didnt think it was before. They definitely did it intentionally while knowing it was wrong. An apology would just be show.
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Post by t3rror1sta »

umeu wrote:As if it would be sincere, lol. "Esoc, im sorry i got caught!" We've seen multiple sir musket apologies already...

You apologize for something that you didnt do intentionally, or that you were later made to realize was wrong, while you didnt think it was before. They definitely did it intentionally while knowing it was wrong. An apology would just be show.

So, repentance doesn't exist.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

t3rror1sta wrote:
umeu wrote:As if it would be sincere, lol. "Esoc, im sorry i got caught!" We've seen multiple sir musket apologies already...

So, repentance doesn't exist.

in this sense, yes.
that you were later made to realize was wrong, while you didnt think it was before

but if you mean christian repentance, that's mostly

im sorry i got caught!

so instead of praying for god to give you a bike, you steal the bike, and repent if you get caught.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

They will soon be found as mercenaries in some Asian monastery.
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

Dolan wrote:No, obviously, it's still tournament fraud what they both did.

But Kynesie had already qualified, he earned his spot. He just lost it because he participated in this scheme.

I'm just saying that if either of them want to improve their sitution, that requires an action on their part.

That is one problem - the other problem is that Kynesie was trying to get a player on the LAN who is potentially weaker than Erik, which does enhance his chances to win. So there is the additional aspect of manipulating his chances to win. If Kynesie wasn't participating himself and had smurfed, that would be a different case.
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

Technically intention doesn't matter. You can still apologise for something you did intentionally (even when you know what you did is wrong).
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Dolan wrote:Let's not exaggerate, this is just tournament fraud, it's not comparable to actual unlawful acts.

sc2 life went to prison for matchfixing. and if aoe 3 was as big as sc2 or even bigger this could also apply in the same category. Just saying, here its obviously just some rdm dudes doing sth wrong, but technically it is an unlawful act if you look at it from a certain perspective.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain CripSAV
Crossbow
ESO: RevolutionX

Post by CripSAV »

Let KickAss decide the outcome.
"Mosks + kavs"
"Skins + gons"
- Kickass, ladies and gentlemen.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Btw. I actually thought the whole purpose of the thread, with its noble Integrity and Fair Play name and the introduction, was to defend Tit from harmful and disrespectful comments in the chat, saying that it was really unsportsmanlike and unfair to judge him because it was Tit himself who won game 7. Well, I came to be surprised :ugly:
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

The overall tone here seems to be more disappointed than disrespectful. I'm happy that we were able to stay rather professional and didn't need to needlessly flame more.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

lordraphael wrote:

sc2 life went to prison for matchfixing. and if aoe 3 was as big as sc2 or even bigger this could also apply in the same category. Just saying, here its obviously just some rdm dudes doing sth wrong, but technically it is an unlawful act if you look at it from a certain perspective.

Match fixing isn't the same as smurfing. Match fixing it purposefully losing for betting etc

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

lordraphael wrote:

Could be, but it depends on how that SC2 tourney was organised. If it was organised by some company and players had to sign a legal agreement before participating, then participation was assimilated with a contractual relation. You broke the contract, you were liable to legal repercussions.
I don't think it's the size of the community that made the difference, it's how the tourney was organised, if players were required to agree to a legally enforceable agreement or not.

Simply smurfing on ESO in a tourney organised unofficially, that doesn't require players to agree to any legal document before participating, cannot lead to legally enforceable consequences, imo. Esoc is not legally incorporated anywhere and cannot bind anyone contractually. EscapeAOE is legally incorporated through their parent company from Germany, so probably players at the LAN will have to sign an agreement there.

LE. Yeah, so, if you check that SC2 incident, the event was organised by an e-sports company Korea e-Sports Association (which is actually a South Korean governmental agency, lol) and the participants were professional players. The event had enough recognition that it was accepted by betting houses. None of these conditions apply to this modest tourney, whose qualification stage is handled by a self-organised online community, a website basically.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Riotcoke wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

Match fixing isn't the same as smurfing. Match fixing it purposefully losing for betting etc
it's not the same, but both acts attempt to change the expected result so it's similar.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Theodore wrote:
Dolan wrote:No, obviously, it's still tournament fraud what they both did.

I'm just saying that if either of them want to improve their sitution, that requires an action on their part.

That is one problem - the other problem is that Kynesie was trying to get a player on the LAN who is potentially weaker than Erik, which does enhance his chances to win. So there is the additional aspect of manipulating his chances to win. If Kynesie wasn't participating himself and had smurfed, that would be a different case.

I think it's actually better for Kynesie if snowww goes to LAN. Snoww obviously struggles a lot against kynesie's playstyle, and Tit doesn't as much
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:

life probably had a contract, and i think in south korea, esports gambling is regulated by law. so whether its illegal or not definitely depends on the country and the contracts involved. in this case, it wasn't unlawful, though beyond using hacks/cheats, this is basically the worst offense they couldve committed.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

I mean garja was probably cheated on.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

bobabu wrote:I mean garja was probably cheated on.

He asked for a replay of a series against Tit before it was cool :o :o :o
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

umeu wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

life probably had a contract, and i think in south korea, esports gambling is regulated by law. so whether its illegal or not definitely depends on the country and the contracts involved. in this case, it wasn't unlawful, though beyond using hacks/cheats, this is basically the worst offense they couldve committed.

if u meant it was unlawful, then yea i agree
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP