NWC LAN Feedback

Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

NWC LAN Feedback

Post by robo »

If you wouldn't mind spending a few minutes filling out a feedback form we would really appreciate any feedback you can give. We want to make the studio & future LAN events the best we possibly can!

https://forms.gle/ynP34vuUUjpm5SHq8

If there is anything we missed on the form, or just anything else you would like to mention please reply to this thread. :)

Thank you all for watching and participating in this awesome event! :love: :love:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: NWC LAN Feedback

Post by Kaiserklein »

I won't answer this poll because it's hard as someone who attended the event (I didn't really watch enough of the stream to answer the questions). But I can say this event was near perfect, really professional and smooth. I was surprised it was THAT good, well done guys!
As a player, for the sake of nitpicking, there were very few negative things, which I'm gonna point out here for you guys to improve it, though I think I told inter already.

1) The white noise in the headsets could be improved a bit. It's weird to hear people clapping, or some caster shouting, when something exciting is happening/about to happen. It gives you information you shouldn't have, and doesn't help focus.

2) Would be nice to have a couple extra practice computers, as it was a bit hard to get a spot sometimes.

3) There needs to be a rule about the laptop thing. As much as I appreciated being able to use my own laptop, and as much as a bunch of clueless people in twitch chats kept overreacting about it being a HUGE advantage or some other bullshit, it's true it's an advantage to some extent, or at least it's more comfortable for me. Also sucks we couldn't see my point of view in game. Maybe allow laptops but find a way to use them only as a keyboard?

4) Maybe show the crowd a little bit more, instead of showing the empty computer seats sometimes? Like when people are eating in front of the studio, or seating in the main room?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Kaiserklein wrote:I won't answer this poll because it's hard as someone who attended the event (I didn't really watch enough of the stream to answer the questions). But I can say this event was near perfect, really professional and smooth. I was surprised it was THAT good, well done guys!
As a player, for the sake of nitpicking, there were very few negative things, which I'm gonna point out here for you guys to improve it, though I think I told inter already.

1) The white noise in the headsets could be improved a bit. It's weird to hear people clapping, or some caster shouting, when something exciting is happening/about to happen. It gives you information you shouldn't have, and doesn't help focus.

2) Would be nice to have a couple extra practice computers, as it was a bit hard to get a spot sometimes.

3) There needs to be a rule about the laptop thing. As much as I appreciated being able to use my own laptop, and as much as a bunch of clueless people in twitch chats kept overreacting about it being a HUGE advantage or some other bullshit, it's true it's an advantage to some extent, or at least it's more comfortable for me. Also sucks we couldn't see my point of view in game. Maybe allow laptops but find a way to use them only as a keyboard?

4) Maybe show the crowd a little bit more, instead of showing the empty computer seats sometimes? Like when people are eating in front of the studio, or seating in the main room?

Look in discord, there's a link to a poll for people who went to the lan.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I totally agree with what kaiser said, insane event !
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I had a slightly different experience being an attendee rather than an online viewer but I had thoughts all the same. Thanks!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Riotcoke wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I won't answer this poll because it's hard as someone who attended the event (I didn't really watch enough of the stream to answer the questions). But I can say this event was near perfect, really professional and smooth. I was surprised it was THAT good, well done guys!

Link?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

deleted_user wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

Link?

I sent you a dm as i don't think escape wants a load of people who didn't go to have it possibly.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Need more camera activity ,Need a camera man focusing on capturing the reactions of audiences, players,third person view while walking from here and there ,etc ,eating food ,etc .
:nwc:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Thanks Riot.

I answered the attendees form too. Willingness to attend another LAN may be more rooted in monetary reasons than enjoyment of this one. I'd of course love to attend another aoe3 event.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Need more camera activity ,Need a camera man focusing on capturing the reactions of audiences, players,third person view while walking from here and there ,etc ,eating food ,etc .

Obviously you didn't see Ear's work as a cameraman for the event :P

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Riotcoke wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:Need more camera activity ,Need a camera man focusing on capturing the reactions of audiences, players,third person view while walking from here and there ,etc ,eating food ,etc .

Obviously you didn't see Ear's work as a cameraman for the event :P

Well he did some camera work but the content is not enough ,need more action & talking to it ,if its like a real VLOG i would be happy ,i want to see people reacting to the game ie when they clap ,shout etc
:nwc:
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Kaiserklein wrote:3) There needs to be a rule about the laptop thing. As much as I appreciated being able to use my own laptop, and as much as a bunch of clueless people in twitch chats kept overreacting about it being a HUGE advantage or some other bullshit, it's true it's an advantage to some extent, or at least it's more comfortable for me. Also sucks we couldn't see my point of view in game. Maybe allow laptops but find a way to use them only as a keyboard?

One other thing about laptops:

I actually couldn't really care less about the whole "comfortability" thing. I think if the players really brought everything they needed to replicate their settings on the computer it shouldn't feel any different from their home computer for the most part, and any real differences would just come from the whole LAN experience itself.

The main problem with allowing laptops at LANs is lag. Oftentimes the laptop's specs just won't be on the same level as the other computers, and I think it can and does cause lag. Well, there's this and also it makes it easier for people to potentially cheat and stuff like that (not an accusation, just a simple fact).
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Yeah was shocked about how well it was setup up. Even the overlays for the map picking and the upcoming matches with the player pictures and times was cool to look at. Agree with kaiser youd hear clapping and kinda gives something away/distracting.
Also agree with the practise computers. Sharing a bed was cute an all but hes a farter so that was less pleasant.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

deleted_user wrote:Thanks Riot.

I answered the attendees form too. Willingness to attend another LAN may be more rooted in monetary reasons than enjoyment of this one. I'd of course love to attend another aoe3 event.

I filled out the above link, can you forward me the LAN one, didnt realize there were 2, cheers!