France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 9297
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

22 Apr 2019, 16:06

I mean, already during Mitoe's match, Garja denied he got the xp. He said he must have had the second pass cause it's impossible to get the first one. Now he's proven wrong, so he changes his speech and says it's not consistent. And tomorrow, if you play vs him on Baja and you get the first xp, he might just drop you because you got lucky on his own map. Just don't bother discussing with someone irrational.
breeze wrote:yeah facts are facts, and you are BAD.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja
Posts: 13004

22 Apr 2019, 16:07

Mitoe wrote:I also just tried it now. Seems very consistent. Got it 8/8 times on right, 4/5 on left, and I missed because it spawned as far to the right as possible. On the left it's definitely a small risk, on the right it's certainty.

I have also never missed it in actual games, regardless of which side I've spawned on; which was at least 5 more games.

I tested all of this in obs mode with 1 spectator. Maybe that changes something somehow? I'm not really willing to test it without right now, but I doubt it changes anything.


i didnt test with a spectator so it doesnt matter.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 16:23

rec it with obs, I wanna see the route you take with the explorer because I cant get it with otto.
I tested it first wihout any obs, then with 2 obs (in case maps resize because of wrong FFA coding). You still miss it by 0.5-3 seconds on left and get it about 70% of times on right by 1 second.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 16:28

Also can I just say fuck you all? I spent 50x more time than you did to test this so I stand with my results.
And in any case I'm not gonna change stuff just because umeu cryes that he doesnt like the new version when it's objectively strictly superior than the old one.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
Posts: 816
ESO: HUMMAN

22 Apr 2019, 16:37

I am here to support Garja as a potential Garja Fan Club member.
Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja
Posts: 13004

22 Apr 2019, 16:43

Garja wrote:rec it with obs, I wanna see the route you take with the explorer because I cant get it with otto.
I tested it first wihout any obs, then with 2 obs (in case maps resize because of wrong FFA coding). You still miss it by 0.5-3 seconds on left and get it about 70% of times on right by 1 second.


how about you post yours? you're obviously just doing something wrong.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 9297
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

22 Apr 2019, 16:43

Yeah strictly superior, now we got a map where the right side player gets a broken first xp like on gp, while the left side one gets a trash xp...
breeze wrote:yeah facts are facts, and you are BAD.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 16:53

umeu wrote:
Garja wrote:rec it with obs, I wanna see the route you take with the explorer because I cant get it with otto.
I tested it first wihout any obs, then with 2 obs (in case maps resize because of wrong FFA coding). You still miss it by 0.5-3 seconds on left and get it about 70% of times on right by 1 second.


how about you post yours? you're obviously just doing something wrong.

right clicking explorer asap in the middle and correcting route as soon as TP appears, no useless clicks or it is worse. I'm doing the best I can. The only thing is in case you're right clicking way lower than where the TP socked it, which may result in a shorter route somehow.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 16:53

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah strictly superior, now we got a map where the right side player gets a broken first xp like on gp, while the left side one gets a trash xp...

Ye and if he misses it it's super uber trash xp. Plus superior in every other possible way.
Image ImageImage
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja
Posts: 13004

22 Apr 2019, 17:00

u cant miss it if you're not completely noob... get it through your head lol... like one rec i even danced my explorer after having walked around a mine, and i still got pass XD
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 9297
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

22 Apr 2019, 17:29

Garja wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah strictly superior, now we got a map where the right side player gets a broken first xp like on gp, while the left side one gets a trash xp...

Ye and if he misses it it's super uber trash xp. Plus superior in every other possible way.

Except he doesn't fucking miss it. And in some mus the mid tp is better because it's easier to defend since it's closer to your base.
breeze wrote:yeah facts are facts, and you are BAD.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 17:32

umeu wrote:u cant miss it if you're not completely noob... get it through your head lol... like one rec i even danced my explorer after having walked around a mine, and i still got pass XD

cut the crap rly
Image ImageImage
Vietnam Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 7557
ESO: PrinceofBabu

22 Apr 2019, 17:32

can we not ruin this sick results thread, nerds
User avatar
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
Posts: 51
ESO: boyu
Location: Edinburgh, UK

22 Apr 2019, 17:40

nerds having a scuffle always makes my day :biggrin:
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 10608

22 Apr 2019, 17:44

Hazza54321 wrote:can we not ruin this sick results thread, nerds
What?! This is obviously an improvement to the thread.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 17:52

and im talking about left spawn here
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Romania Dolan
Gendarme
Posts: 7617
Location: ‎/

22 Apr 2019, 18:15

Wait, can someone make like a drawing describing this problem in geometrical, mathematical terms?

As a past map maker and XS master, Dolan-sama could maybe solve the issue. :love:

So Garja made the map smaller and resources started spawning less consistently and the middle trading post doesn't have a position that is equally placed relative to each player in a 1v1 spawn?
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 18:19

No, resources spawn just fine. Mid post is because map is smaller (exploreres get there faster) and iirc the route at the start and the end is slightly more kinky to avoid the coast cliff (so it reaches the mid post slightly later in comparison). We are talking about 1 second got or missed for the first passage. Even increasing the map base size paramater by 1/8 doesn't solve the problem.
Mid post is not equal because the socket spawn on the right side 99% of times. And can't really place it at 51%+ of the trade route because then it would be left to get the first passage.
They are just going bananas like everytime a new version of a map is made.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 10608

22 Apr 2019, 18:25

Dolan wrote:Wait, can someone make like a drawing describing this problem in geometrical, mathematical terms?
:hmm:
User avatar
Romania Dolan
Gendarme
Posts: 7617
Location: ‎/

22 Apr 2019, 18:30

Yeah, because as a map maker you need to see the problem in a very precise way to be able to solve it. And this language used in AOE3 maps, called XS, can allow for some precision, even though it's a very limited language.

For example, it would be possible to place the middle TP smack in the middle of the map, but then you have to make the trade route go slightly to one side or the other to allow for that space where the middle TP would be placed.

It's also possible to do something about starting units (including explorer), to control how far from the middle of the map they spawn around the TC.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
EWTNWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 5056
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

22 Apr 2019, 18:34

Garja wrote:No, resources spawn just fine. Mid post is because map is smaller (exploreres get there faster) and iirc the route at the start and the end is slightly more kinky to avoid the coast cliff (so it reaches the mid post slightly later in comparison). We are talking about 1 second got or missed for the first passage. Even increasing the map base size paramater by 1/8 doesn't solve the problem.
Mid post is not equal because the socket spawn on the right side 99% of times. And can't really place it at 51%+ of the trade route because then it would be left to get the first passage.
They are just going bananas like everytime a new version of a map is made.

Usually on the right spawn I get the first pass about 4 - 6 seconds after completing the TP, not 1 second. It really doesn't seem risky. Left spawn though I agree can sometimes be risky depending on where the TP spawns.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 18:38

https://allegato.net/download/6698fee47 ... 72c11.html

2nd video I registered, 5-6 attempts. All missed from both sides.
First video (didn't upload) was 4 attempts, 3 barely got from right spawn and 1 left still missed.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
EWTNWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 5056
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

22 Apr 2019, 18:54

Seems like you're placing the TP 2 - 4 seconds later than I am usually. I think I usually placed it around 20 - 23 seconds (not sure though). Seems like your explorer takes weirder paths to get to the waypoint in the middle than mine does for some reason. I'll record something later I guess.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8702
ESO: Garja

22 Apr 2019, 19:04

The pathing may vary a bit depending on terrain elevation and also on tree clump and other objects.
What shadow/shader graphics are you using? I'm using medium/ veryhigh atm.
Also be sure to use the LAN environment. Single player game clock is totally broken and I think it can be changed by the defaultprofile file.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Romania Dolan
Gendarme
Posts: 7617
Location: ‎/

22 Apr 2019, 19:16

You could solve that by making the trade route (the vector path) slightly longer and have it start outside the map world circle. This should force the travois to start its course somewhere outside of the map for like a second or two until he gets inside the map, where he becomes visible.

So you could either use negative values for the coordinates of the trading route starting point, if the route starts on the bottom (like 0.2, -0.2) or values which go above 1.0, if the route starts on the top side of the map (like 0.8, 1.2). However, of course, this means the route would become slightly longer, which would distribute more XP per TP, and each pass would come slightly slower. It could delay the travois by 1 or 2 seconds before he reaches the middle TP, though.

Forum Info

Return to “Round of 16”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest