Donator 01

Re: Mitoe vs Hazza54321

Post by rsy »

I think umeu and garja might be trolling us
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lol... k im done. You need a psychiatrist. Do you even stop to wonder why ppl would lie about this??? Yah, you caught me. I totally didnt add recs yesterday and im just pretending i did now to fool you. But my lord, can't anyone fool garaja..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

You did lol, and on purpose. Lie about what?
Anyway that's not even the point. The point, that you're intentionally ignoring, is that in your recs the travois reaches mid TP way too late. The normal time is 0.48. In your games it's 0.50-0.51.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I guess next time I stream I'll just waste like 10 min spawning baja over and over again as otto and getting the mid tp first xp
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Do it. And be sure to check when the travois crosses the mid TP. For the record I just tried in online environment and it is still 0.48. You do get it from the right side, don't get me wrong, but it's not as easy and in fact you miss it about 20% of times or more.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Isn't it possible to look at the edit history of Umeu's post to see if the recs were added later or not?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

ovi12 wrote:Isn't it possible to look at the edit history of Umeu's post to see if the recs were added later or not?

I already asked for it. It doesn't track it. But anyway, seems like I somehow missed the spoiler with the recs yesterday. I assume hazza comment refers to it.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lol... garja admitting a mistake? Am i really seeing this?

anyway, for the lan thing, i can think of 2 things.

either, setting it to FFA changes the map a little, or, because you play vs PC and you didn't rec, you just don't move your explorer instantly and miss the 2 seconds that you need to make pass.

if it's not that, then you just dont walk your explorer properly.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I tried with 2 or 4 player. FFA and no FFA. It's just that in your recs the travois comes later. I do move the explorer properly, especially with Aztecs with which you simply can't do wrong because the post is revelead.

Seriously, just stop acting as if I'm wrong and you guys are right. I tested this before you even raised the problem. And I'm pretty sure I'm spending more time on the issue than you did. If I say that 0.48 is the standard time for travois, it's that way.
Image Image Image
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Nice
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:I tried with 2 or 4 player. FFA and no FFA. It's just that in your recs the travois comes later. I do move the explorer properly, especially with Aztecs with which you simply can't do wrong because the post is revelead.

Seriously, just stop acting as if I'm wrong and you guys are right. I tested this before you even raised the problem. And I'm pretty sure I'm spending more time on the issue than you did. If I say that 0.48 is the standard time for travois, it's that way.

Il Garaja, God of the Aoe3verse has spoken. Please, Oh Wise and Almighty, explain, how in 7 recs, the travois came later than 0.48! in any case, it's irrelevant, cause the right side gets tp up at 0.43 ish, so that side always reaches it first, and can always get it.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Lol, so much autism in this thread. The trade route path (which is a vector) doesn't always spawn the same length. It has to accommodate a complex and variable terrain (bumps, ground turbulence) and objects on the map. So sometimes it might spawn, let's say, 100 AOE3 metres, sometimes 103, sometimes 107, it's not always the perfectly same length. So travois travelling time to the middle TP could vary by as much as a second or two.

The game engine has some degree of fault tolerance built into it, it's not meant to launch NASA space rockets following an exact absolute timing. There's a bit of RNG in how the trade route spawns.

It is possible to program the map in such a way that the travois will always get there after your explorer has finished building, though (assuming you will send your explorer to the middle TP right away). The map maker would have to use some tricks to make the trade route longer, which of course would also increase the XP crate and the time it takes between each tick.

LE. Too bad Ensemble didn't include any programming functions to control the speed of the travois on the route or the starting time too.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Dolan wrote:Lol, so much autism in this thread. The trade route path (which is a vector) doesn't always spawn the same length. It has to accommodate a complex and variable terrain (bumps, ground turbulence) and objects on the map. So sometimes it might spawn, let's say, 100 AOE3 metres, sometimes 103, sometimes 107, it's not always the perfectly same length. So travois travelling time to the middle TP could vary by as much as a second or two.

The game engine has some degree of fault tolerance built into it, it's not meant to launch NASA space rockets following an exact absolute timing.

It is possible to program the map in such a way that the travois will always get there after your explorer has finished building, though (assuming you will send your explorer to the middle TP right away). The map maker would have to use some tricks to make the trade route longer, which of course would also increase the XP crate and the time it takes between each tick.

While the trade route path depends on those variables, it is pretty consistent if the waypoints are fixed. In this sense all ESOC maps have consistent trade route.
However, the socket placement of each TP can vary to some degree. The degree depends on the "maxobjectdistance" parameter given to it, in order to grant it doesn't bug (too tight values may cause the socket not to spawn). ESOC maps have a value between 6 and 8 (should check Baja code to know exact number). This means the socket has about 3 tiles of randomness. Also on Baja, the mid TP used to be at 49% of the route, exactly to prevent the mid TP to be taking by the left player in the old version. With the new version it is exactly at 50% of the route for ahestetic purposes and because, being the map smaller and having it tested, mid TP was ruled out.
A possible solution (already tested) is to increase the map size slightly and put the mid TP at 51% of the route lenght.

Please note, anyway, that nothing of this explains why Umeu gets the travois to pass at 50-51 secs when it should be at 47-48. And that's the primary reason why he, and others, claim that you always get the first passage on mid TP.
I assume we all tested this in the LAN environment or on ESO. If this has been tested in single player it simply doesnt count. For example, I get the travois to pass mid at 34 seconds with single player, lol.
Image Image Image
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Jesus was also harrased
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

umeu wrote:
Garja wrote:I tried with 2 or 4 player. FFA and no FFA. It's just that in your recs the travois comes later. I do move the explorer properly, especially with Aztecs with which you simply can't do wrong because the post is revelead.

Il Garaja, God of the Aoe3verse has spoken. Please, Oh Wise and Almighty, explain, how in 7 recs, the travois came later than 0.48! in any case, it's irrelevant, cause the right side gets tp up at 0.43 ish, so that side always reaches it first, and can always get it.

Because you are either playing it in single player or simply, for a reason that I'm yet to know, our game clock is substantially different.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja wrote:
umeu wrote:

Because you are either playing it in single player or simply, for a reason that I'm yet to know, our game clock is substantially different.

Yes, and you're the universal clock. It doesn't matter if there's a bug for the other players or if your map is fucked during a tourney.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:
umeu wrote:

i played it on eso, and i played it in single player. both same results. what does the game clock have to do with it. the cart passes between 0.47 and .51, if you come from the left, it depends on where the socket is, and which way it's facing. if you come from the right, it doesnt matter. even if the left could never get it, which it can, then the fact that right can always get it is a huge deal.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:Yes, and you're the universal clock. It doesn't matter if there's a bug for the other players or if your map is fucked during a tourney.

I made the map? So it is designed with my pc timings?
Ofc it matters if clocks differ but it doesn't makes anyone right.
Here the only fucked thing is your brain.

i played it on eso, and i played it in single player. both same results. what does the game clock have to do with it. the cart passes between 0.47 and .51, if you come from the left, it depends on where the socket is, and which way it's facing. if you come from the right, it doesnt matter. even if the left could never get it, which it can, then the fact that right can always get it is a huge deal.

It doesn't pass between 47 and 51. It passes between 47-49 at most and for you at 50-52. I even start and finish the TP before you in our attempts lol. The main difference is the cart passing sooner or later. And no right can't always get it. It's about 80% of times at best.
In any case it is relevant to fix the map. If values are not right, then the fix can (and it add already in tests) have the effect of giving mid pass to left player.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yes it is designed with your pc timings, but now several people have proven that it only works with your pc timings, so you have to fix it because it doesn't work.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yes it is designed with your pc timings, but now several people have proven that it only works with your pc timings, so you have to fix it because it doesn't work.

I don't think you are in any position to give me an advice, let alone an order.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:Yes, and you're the universal clock. It doesn't matter if there's a bug for the other players or if your map is fucked during a tourney.

I made the map? So it is designed with my pc timings?
Ofc it matters if clocks differ but it doesn't makes anyone right.
Here the only fucked thing is your brain.

It doesn't pass between 47 and 51. It passes between 47-49 at most and for you at 50-52. I even start and finish the TP before you in our attempts lol. The main difference is the cart passing sooner or later. And no right can't always get it. It's about 80% of times at best.
In any case it is relevant to fix the map. If values are not right, then the fix can (and it add already in tests) the effect of giving mid pass to left player.

that makes no sense, because what would happen if i played a game vs u? then the game would go oos cuz our carts pass on different times. it didnt pass 50-52 for me anyway, i have seen passes at 47 as well, and latest was 51.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

This is exactly what I'm trying to do lol. Get out of the game and we test.
Image Image Image
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

long live this thread!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ok.

lol... ye u dont accept invites and go in game vs someone else XD ur such a liar.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Dolan wrote:Too bad Ensemble didn't include any programming functions to control the speed of the travois on the route or the starting time too.

Couldn't you use a Modify Protounit trigger to alter the travois speed?
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player