Mitoe vs Hazza54321

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Mitoe vs Hazza54321

Post by Kaiserklein »

I mean, already during Mitoe's match, Garja denied he got the xp. He said he must have had the second pass cause it's impossible to get the first one. Now he's proven wrong, so he changes his speech and says it's not consistent. And tomorrow, if you play vs him on Baja and you get the first xp, he might just drop you because you got lucky on his own map. Just don't bother discussing with someone irrational.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mitoe wrote:I also just tried it now. Seems very consistent. Got it 8/8 times on right, 4/5 on left, and I missed because it spawned as far to the right as possible. On the left it's definitely a small risk, on the right it's certainty.

I have also never missed it in actual games, regardless of which side I've spawned on; which was at least 5 more games.

I tested all of this in obs mode with 1 spectator. Maybe that changes something somehow? I'm not really willing to test it without right now, but I doubt it changes anything.

i didnt test with a spectator so it doesnt matter.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

rec it with obs, I wanna see the route you take with the explorer because I cant get it with otto.
I tested it first wihout any obs, then with 2 obs (in case maps resize because of wrong FFA coding). You still miss it by 0.5-3 seconds on left and get it about 70% of times on right by 1 second.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Also can I just say fuck you all? I spent 50x more time than you did to test this so I stand with my results.
And in any case I'm not gonna change stuff just because umeu cryes that he doesnt like the new version when it's objectively strictly superior than the old one.
Image Image Image
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I am here to support Garja as a potential Garja Fan Club member.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:rec it with obs, I wanna see the route you take with the explorer because I cant get it with otto.
I tested it first wihout any obs, then with 2 obs (in case maps resize because of wrong FFA coding). You still miss it by 0.5-3 seconds on left and get it about 70% of times on right by 1 second.

how about you post yours? you're obviously just doing something wrong.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah strictly superior, now we got a map where the right side player gets a broken first xp like on gp, while the left side one gets a trash xp...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

umeu wrote:
Garja wrote:rec it with obs, I wanna see the route you take with the explorer because I cant get it with otto.

how about you post yours? you're obviously just doing something wrong.

right clicking explorer asap in the middle and correcting route as soon as TP appears, no useless clicks or it is worse. I'm doing the best I can. The only thing is in case you're right clicking way lower than where the TP socked it, which may result in a shorter route somehow.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah strictly superior, now we got a map where the right side player gets a broken first xp like on gp, while the left side one gets a trash xp...

Ye and if he misses it it's super uber trash xp. Plus superior in every other possible way.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

u cant miss it if you're not completely noob... get it through your head lol... like one rec i even danced my explorer after having walked around a mine, and i still got pass XD
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah strictly superior, now we got a map where the right side player gets a broken first xp like on gp, while the left side one gets a trash xp...

Ye and if he misses it it's super uber trash xp. Plus superior in every other possible way.

Except he doesn't fucking miss it. And in some mus the mid tp is better because it's easier to defend since it's closer to your base.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

umeu wrote:u cant miss it if you're not completely noob... get it through your head lol... like one rec i even danced my explorer after having walked around a mine, and i still got pass XD

cut the crap rly
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

can we not ruin this sick results thread, nerds
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

nerds having a scuffle always makes my day :biggrin:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Hazza54321 wrote:can we not ruin this sick results thread, nerds
What?! This is obviously an improvement to the thread.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

and im talking about left spawn here
Image Image Image
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Wait, can someone make like a drawing describing this problem in geometrical, mathematical terms?

As a past map maker and XS master, Dolan-sama could maybe solve the issue. :love:

So Garja made the map smaller and resources started spawning less consistently and the middle trading post doesn't have a position that is equally placed relative to each player in a 1v1 spawn?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

No, resources spawn just fine. Mid post is because map is smaller (exploreres get there faster) and iirc the route at the start and the end is slightly more kinky to avoid the coast cliff (so it reaches the mid post slightly later in comparison). We are talking about 1 second got or missed for the first passage. Even increasing the map base size paramater by 1/8 doesn't solve the problem.
Mid post is not equal because the socket spawn on the right side 99% of times. And can't really place it at 51%+ of the trade route because then it would be left to get the first passage.
They are just going bananas like everytime a new version of a map is made.
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:Wait, can someone make like a drawing describing this problem in geometrical, mathematical terms?
:hmm:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, because as a map maker you need to see the problem in a very precise way to be able to solve it. And this language used in AOE3 maps, called XS, can allow for some precision, even though it's a very limited language.

For example, it would be possible to place the middle TP smack in the middle of the map, but then you have to make the trade route go slightly to one side or the other to allow for that space where the middle TP would be placed.

It's also possible to do something about starting units (including explorer), to control how far from the middle of the map they spawn around the TC.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Garja wrote:No, resources spawn just fine. Mid post is because map is smaller (exploreres get there faster) and iirc the route at the start and the end is slightly more kinky to avoid the coast cliff (so it reaches the mid post slightly later in comparison). We are talking about 1 second got or missed for the first passage. Even increasing the map base size paramater by 1/8 doesn't solve the problem.
Mid post is not equal because the socket spawn on the right side 99% of times. And can't really place it at 51%+ of the trade route because then it would be left to get the first passage.
They are just going bananas like everytime a new version of a map is made.

Usually on the right spawn I get the first pass about 4 - 6 seconds after completing the TP, not 1 second. It really doesn't seem risky. Left spawn though I agree can sometimes be risky depending on where the TP spawns.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

https://allegato.net/download/6698fee47 ... 72c11.html

2nd video I registered, 5-6 attempts. All missed from both sides.
First video (didn't upload) was 4 attempts, 3 barely got from right spawn and 1 left still missed.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Seems like you're placing the TP 2 - 4 seconds later than I am usually. I think I usually placed it around 20 - 23 seconds (not sure though). Seems like your explorer takes weirder paths to get to the waypoint in the middle than mine does for some reason. I'll record something later I guess.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

The pathing may vary a bit depending on terrain elevation and also on tree clump and other objects.
What shadow/shader graphics are you using? I'm using medium/ veryhigh atm.
Also be sure to use the LAN environment. Single player game clock is totally broken and I think it can be changed by the defaultprofile file.
Image Image Image
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

You could solve that by making the trade route (the vector path) slightly longer and have it start outside the map world circle. This should force the travois to start its course somewhere outside of the map for like a second or two until he gets inside the map, where he becomes visible.

So you could either use negative values for the coordinates of the trading route starting point, if the route starts on the bottom (like 0.2, -0.2) or values which go above 1.0, if the route starts on the top side of the map (like 0.8, 1.2). However, of course, this means the route would become slightly longer, which would distribute more XP per TP, and each pass would come slightly slower. It could delay the travois by 1 or 2 seconds before he reaches the middle TP, though.