Event Information thread

France iNcog
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by iNcog »

Match rules | Current Standings | Clan Section

ESOC’s Strong World

1. Overview:

Welcome to ESOC’s Strong World, a community-oriented clan event. This event is made for the community, with the goal of having everyone included in this event. We are looking to give the community some more inclusive action. We want to make AoE3 an interesting game to play and give an alternative way for people to show off their play, regardless of their level.

We’re looking to generate action for the community, replays, competition, show-matches and overall host a fun event which everyone can participate in. We’re looking to put some weight back behind clan tags!

This format is a sort of "ladder" or "league" where clans challenge in each to a match. The theme of the league is to be the strongest clan out there and that includes both 1v1 skills and team play. This event is closer to playing for rank rather than an actual tournament.

Scheduling and participation are purposely lax. This is intended to be a fun event to partake in. Rather than have a strict schedule to follow, clans are able to play at their own pace. This allows for easier scheduling and participation.

On the other hand, ranking is made to be volatile and brutal, in order to reward strength; however the format also rewards active participation. Being an underdog in a match-up can be very rewarding. Clans will be divided into four tiers. It will be up to you and your clan-mates to make the difference and climb the ranks. There is no elimination possible and rules are made so that it is possible to make a comeback into the scene, regardless of what happened before. Current form matters so much more than past achievements!

It’s time to meet up with your clan mates. Start preparing, start practicing, and start recruiting fresh blood. There will be a lot of action in the future, so be prepared.

2. Ranking:

2.1 - Clans are divided into 4 tiers. Tier 4 is the lowest rank and Tier 1 is the highest. All clans start in the 4th tier with 3 points. As clans play matches, they acquire or lose points. Upon reaching 12 points, clans are promoted to the next tier. Upon promotion, clans are given three points in the tier they’ve reached. If a clan reaches 0 points in that tier, they are demoted. Upon demotion, clans are placed in inferior tier with 6 points.

- Winning a match gives the winner the amount of points the loser held at the time of their match.
- Losing a match detracts two points from the loser’s amount.

2.2 - Once a clan has reached 12 points in Tier 1, they go into the "finals". We will go over the finals later.

2.3 - If a clan reaches loses all their points in the 4th tier, they do not leave the tournament; they simply hit the bottom. The same rules still apply to this clan, no negative points are possible however. There's nothing to gain beating them, but they can still challenge whoever they want. Unfair? Yes.

2.4 - An excel spreadsheet will keep track of scores on the admin’s side. The admin will keep a scoreboard up to date as well. It can be viewed here: eso-community.net/page/teamleague

3. Challenging:

3.1 - For two clans to play a match, one clan must challenge the other. The other clan may accept the challenge or they can dodge. If the challenge is accepted, then a match is played between the two clans. If a clan dodges the match, then they must pay 1 point to the challenger.

3.2 - Once the challenge is accepted, the two clans must schedule their match together. The clan with the lower amount of points will decide the game mode (1v1, 2v2 or 3v3), as well as the starting map. If both clans have the same amount of points, then the challenged clan will decide the game mode. Clans will select their players after the game mode has been decided. [1]

3.3 - Scheduling is purposely lax. Clans may choose for themselves when they want to play. Note however that the more active a clan is, the better it will do in the league. Challenges must still be responded to.

3.4 - Challenges must be answered within 5 days (either agree to the challenge or dodge). Failure to answer to a challenge in the correct amount of time entails a 2 point penalty (to be paid to the Challenger). Subsequently, matches must be played out within 9 days of the challenge being accepted.

3.5 - A clan may only challenge two other clans at a time. A clan may challenge another clan which is challenging another clan. A clan may not, however, challenge another clan which is currently being challenged. So, at most, a clan is both challenging two other clans and being challenged at the same time (so maximal amount of 3 matches to schedule play at a given time, a minimal amount of 1 match to schedule and play at a given time).

3.6 - Clans may not challenge clans which are in another tier.

3.7 - Clans may not challenge clans which are in lower tiers. However, two clans in different leagues may still play out a match, if one clan is promoted BEFORE the match takes place (since more than one match can be scheduled at a time). A 2 point bonus is given to the clan who is in the lower tier, in this case.

3.8 - Clans may not challenge another clan twice in a row.

3.9 - Clans which have received a penalty for un-played matches may not be challenged. This rule is lifted once a penalized clan challenges another clan and plays out the match.

3.10 - Players may challenge other clans individually. If the challenged clan accepts, they send out a player for a 1v1 match, best of three (point 4.3). If the challenger does not want to play the player which has been sent out, he may call off his challenge without penalty. The winner of this match earns 1 point for their clan. Losing the match does not detract any points. In the case of a dodge, no points are awarded or detracted to either clan. 5 days to dodge or accept, 9 days to play out the match.

4. Matches:

4.1 - The games will be 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 supremacy games. All games must be of the same type for a given match. Games will be played on the ESOC FP.

4.2 - Clan Matches - 1v1 Rules:
- Match is a best of five (Bo5).
- Clans send out three players for the match.

In chronological order:
- The first map will be decided on during scheduling, chosen from the map pool. The clan with the lower rank (or the challenged clan, in case of a tie) chooses the first map.
- Each clan sends out a player for the first map. The loser is eliminated from the match, the winner stays for their clan and plays the next map.
- The loser-clan picks the next map and sends out their next player. *
- The winner-clan then picks their civilization first.
- Civilizations may only be played once for each CLAN. **
- Maps may only be played once.
- All games must be recorded and posted for the results to count.
- In the 1v1 format, matches may be played out over the course of several days in the case of difficulties scheduling for all 6 players.

Map pool: ESOC Arizona, ESOC Arkansas, ESOC Baja California, ESOC Bengal, ESOC Cascade Range, ESOC High Plains, ESOC Hudson Bay, ESOC Kamchatka, ESOC Manchuria, ESOC Pampas Sierras, ESOC Tibet, Mongolia, New England, Painted Desert, Patagonia, Siberia, Yukon, Andes, California,

* The player must be sent out before the winner picks their civ.

** E.g. if [Clan A] has had a player play France on map 1, then France can no longer be played by ANY OTHER player in [Clan A] for the duration of the match.

4.3 - Clan Matches - Team Rules::
- Match is a best of three (Bo3).
- The first map will be decided on during scheduling, chosen from the map pool. The clan with the lower rank (or the challenged clan, in case of a tie) chooses the first map.
- Clans send out two or three players for the match.
- The losers pick the next map.
- The winners pick their civilization set first (combination of two or three civs).
- Civilizations may only be played once for each player.

Map pool: ESOC Arizona, ESOC Arkansas, ESOC Baja California, ESOC Bengal, ESOC Cascade Range, Silk Road, Siberia, Himalayas, Himalayas Upper, Painted Desert, Saguenay, Andes, Deccan

4.3 - Player Matches - 1v1 Rules:
- Match is a best of three (Bo3).

In chronological order:
- The player with the lower elorating chooses the first map.
- The loser picks the next map.
- The winner picks their civilization first.
- Civilizations may only be played once for each player.

Map pool: ESOC Arizona, ESOC Arkansas, ESOC Baja California, ESOC Bengal, ESOC Cascade Range, ESOC High Plains, ESOC Hudson Bay, ESOC Kamchatka, ESOC Manchuria, ESOC Pampas Sierras, ESOC Tibet, Mongolia, New England, Painted Desert, Patagonia, Siberia, Yukon, Andes, California

4.5 - Matches will be played on the most up-to-date version of the ESOC patch.

5. Other rules:

5.1 - Players may only play for one clan at a time. You may leave a clan during the event but you may not play for another clan after having left your first one.

5.2 - There will be very little tolerance for smurfing in this tournament. Play on your main account and make sure you’re actually in the clan you’re playing for. I reserve the right to (arbitrarily) kick players or clans from the event if they’re causing more trouble than anything else. Please don’t make me do this. In a similar vein, don’t sign up troll clans (i.e. naming your clan after someone else to annoy them). Players may be asked to post on a forum account so as to check IPs.

5.3 - Rules are subject to change during the actual event if flaws and / or loopholes are found. This is a for-fun, community-driven event. The rules are a bit non-standard and so may require some adjusting. This is much less of a competitive cash tournament, so rules may be amended to take out less fun aspects of the league, make the event run more smoothly or possibly even add more fun to it.

5.4 - The go-to staff member to talk to for this event is me, incog. PM me on the forums rather than whispering me on ESO (unless it's to tell me you sent me a PM). I also reserve the right to bend or amend rules as I see fit, to make the event work more smoothly. I will try to do this as little as possible and also try to be fair.

6. Finals:

6.1 - The finals start when one clan obtains 12 points in the Imperial tier.

6.2 - TBD.

7. Prize pool:

7.1 - There is no prize! This is a fun event in the same vein as RTSL back in the day. Nonetheless, possible forum perks and ego² boosts may be good enough prizes in themselves. It's also unrealistic to think of a cash prize and divide it between clan members. The prize is subject to change during the event, we’ll see!

[1] In the case of small clans, clans have the option of turning a 3v3 into a 2v2 if they don't have enough players for the scheduled time.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread if anything is unclear.

FAQ:

Q: I am in Tier 3 and have 6 points. I challenge a clan in tier 3 with 8 points. I win. I have 6+8 = 14 points which is more than 12, therefore I go to tier 2 and start with 3 points, what happens to my 2 points that I had over the 12 points? They vanish?

A: Yes, they vanish. There is inflation to help with this.

Q: I am in tier 3 and have 6 points [CLAN A]. I challenge one clan [CLAN B] and I am being challenged by one clan [CLAN C]and both agree on the match, both being in tier 3 having 8 points each. I win the first match, now I am in tier 2. Therefore I cant play the other team [CLAN B], because they are in tier 3 (this is the clan that I challenged).

A: Good question. The match will still take place, given that technically both clans were in the same tier when the challenge was accepted. If the lower tier clan [CLAN B] wins the match, they will also be promoted into the next tier with three points. If the higher tier clan [CLAN A] wins, then the same rules apply. CLAN A obtains (3+8=) 11 points in tier 2, CLAN B obtains (8-2=) 6 points in tier 3.

Q: Individual challenges?

A: The idea is that players are able to play for their clans at an individual level. You'll notice that is this is a secondary aspect of Strong World, as individual matches only take place if both parties agree to it. This means that these matches will be mostly fair ones; but they won't have a huge influence on the standings. If a clan really wants to get rank, they must do so collectively.

Change log:

29th Nov :
3.10 - Players may challenge other clans individually. If the challenged clan accepts, they send out a player for a 1v1 match, best of three (point 4.3). The winner of this match earns 1 point for their clan. Losing the match does not detract any points. In the case of a dodge, no points are awarded or detracted to either clan. 5 days to dodge or accept, 9 days to play out the match.

3.6 - Clans may not challenge clans which are in another tier.

21st Nov :
4.3 - Rules added for the 1v1 player format.

3.9 - Clans which have received a penalty for un-played matches may not be challenged. This rule is lifted once a penalized clan challenges another clan and plays out the match.

3.10 - Players may challenge other, individual players from another clan. Challenging is done in the same way as it's done with clans. Winning the match gives one point to the winning player's clan. Losing the match does not detract any points. Dodging the challenge costs 0 points, however it grants the challenger's clan 1 point. 5 days to dodge, 9 days to play out the match. 3 other players may be challenged at a time. You may not challenge a player currently being challenged.

9th Nov :
3.5 - A clan may only challenge two other clans at a time. A clan may challenge another clan which is challenging another clan. A clan may not, however challenge another clan which is currently being challenged. So, at most, a clan is both challenging two other clans and being challenged at the same time (so maximal amount of 3 matches to schedule play at a given time, a minimal amount of 1 match to schedule and play at a given time).

6th Nov :
4.2 - In the 1v1 format, matches may be played out over the course of several days in the case of difficulties scheduling for all 6 players.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by iNcog »

Regarding casting !

I will be scouting the clan threads for potentially interesting matches. Other casters may also do so. Casters are liable to observe and stream any game they deem interesting (which can fit in their schedule). Please accommodate them and take them into account when scheduling.

No definitive plans are in yet, however it would be very nice to have at least one match streamed every week. If you're a caster and you want to stream something, by all means do so. Since I am scouting the clan threads either way, ask me if there's anything good coming up.

Players are also free to stream their games if they feel like it.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Event Information thread

Post by edeholland »

incog wrote:Regarding casting !
Players are also free to stream their games if they feel like it.

And people can also ask to stream on ESOCTV if they want.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Event Information thread

Post by blasdg »

very interesting, indeed. I have some questions:

I am in Tier 3 and have 6 points. I challenge a clan in tier 3 with 8 points. I win. I have 6+8 = 14 points which is more than 12, therefore I go to tier 2 and start with 3 points, what happens to my 2 points that I had over the 12 points? They vanish?

I am in tier 3 and have 6 points. I challenge one clan and I am being challenged by one clan and both agree on the match, both being in tier 3 having 8 points each. I win the first match, now I am in tier 2. Therefore I cant play the other team, because they are in tier 3 (this is the clan that I challenged). So an already agreed upon match is cancelled. Correct?

The system is non symmetrical - what I mean by that is that there will be a PLUS of points in the system, because you only lose 2 points but still win more than that on average (everybody starting with 3 points). So as time goes on, the lower leagues will be empty and the higher leagues will be full - which in turn leads to a final somewhen. Still, could be a problem for the lower clans, as their league may be pretty empty after a short period of time.
France iNcog
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by iNcog »

blasdg wrote:very interesting, indeed. I have some questions:

I am in Tier 3 and have 6 points. I challenge a clan in tier 3 with 8 points. I win. I have 6+8 = 14 points which is more than 12, therefore I go to tier 2 and start with 3 points, what happens to my 2 points that I had over the 12 points? They vanish?

Yes, they vanish. As you stated in your third paragraph, there''s enough inflation to counteract this.

I am in tier 3 and have 6 points. I challenge one clan and I am being challenged by one clan and both agree on the match, both being in tier 3 having 8 points each. I win the first match, now I am in tier 2. Therefore I cant play the other team, because they are in tier 3 (this is the clan that I challenged). So an already agreed upon match is cancelled. Correct?

This is a pretty important detail I overlooked. However, instead of cancelling the match, the match will simply be treated as if an N clan challenged an N+1. Technically, when the challenge came out, both clans were of the same rank. Ranking was designed to be volatile either way, so it''s not that much of a problem.

The system is non symmetrical - what I mean by that is that there will be a PLUS of points in the system, because you only lose 2 points but still win more than that on average (everybody starting with 3 points). So as time goes on, the lower leagues will be empty and the higher leagues will be full - which in turn leads to a final somewhen. Still, could be a problem for the lower clans, as their league may be pretty empty after a short period of time.

Indeed, the league is kind of closer to a race to the top rather than a perpetual ranking system. Note however that lower clans (in lower leagues) are still able to challenge clans in the next league. So this kind of helps with the fact that lower leagues may become empty, due to inflation. For sure however, numbers will be tweaked should the need arise.

Answered in bold. Those are some pretty spot-on questions.

I''ve edited the rules to be more clear about those situations and I''ve also opened an FAQ.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Event Information thread

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

3.4 - Challenges must be answered within three days (either agree to the challenge or dodge). Failure to answer to a challenge in the correct amount of time entails a 2 point penalty (to be paid to the Challenger). Subsequently, matches must be played out within 7 days of the challenge being accepted.
Are all members able to answer this challenge or just the captain?
France iNcog
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by iNcog »

Hopefully you get together and discuss things before accepting or dodging a challenge. Need a game plan!

I would certainly recommend getting together and coming to a consensus before taking a decision.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Event Information thread

Post by DivineFire »

incog wrote:[hr]
3.5 - A clan may only challenge one other clan at a time. A clan may challenge another clan which is challenging another clan. A clan may not challenge another clan which is currently being challenged. So, at most, a clan is both challenging another clan and being challenging at the same time.
Typo, just sayin
Taunt 3
France iNcog
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by iNcog »

good catch

When I'm back later I'll update clan list and fix that typo.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Event Information thread

Post by r4go »

i'm in a noob clan...all are serg major or 2lt...can we play it for fun?? Or it will be too hard for us??
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Germany fard
Dragoon
ESO: Fard

Event Information thread

Post by fard »

U can play r4go! Just sign up, it doesnt matter which pr u r
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Event Information thread

Post by gibson »

r4go wrote:i''m in a noob clan...all are serg major or 2lt...can we play it for fun?? Or it will be too hard for us??

just don''t challenge a pro clan lol
France iNcog
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by iNcog »

yeah you can sign up

PM me a link to your clan on simple elo, make sure you have at least 3 members. then you're in!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Event Information thread

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

r4go wrote:i''m in a noob clan...all are serg major or 2lt...can we play it for fun?? Or it will be too hard for us??
http://eso-community.net/thread/2803/wac
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Event Information thread

Post by momuuu »

dont worry. Wac is pretty shitty too. I think this tournement is aimed at the lower ranked clans, so that they can enjoy some tournement action aswell.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Event Information thread

Post by r4go »

vvery good so i will sign up in few days... the clan is fmt
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by momuuu »

r4go wrote:vvery good so i will sign up in few days... the clan is fmt

nice, it would be cool if we could get at least two tiers of teams. Teams with players like ryan and samwise and teams with noobs like us :)
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Event Information thread

Post by r4go »

Yeah....but i have to give a list of who play right??
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by momuuu »

r4go wrote:Yeah....but i have to give a list of who play right??

jup. You can update the list any time though.
France iNcog
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by iNcog »

Indeed, you can add members as you want, it's all good.

Come, come, sign up. I shall take care of the paperwork. :counting:
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Event Information thread

Post by r4go »

let me do stay alive from fryday and saturday night, and i will sign up :D
No Flag thestrider
Crossbow

Event Information thread

Post by thestrider »

incog wrote:[hr]2.3 - If a clan reaches loses all their points in the 4th tier, they do not leave the tournament' they simply hit the bottom. The same rules still apply to this clan, no negative points are possible however. There''s nothing to gain beating them, but they can still challenge whoever they want. Unfair? Yes.

How are you even supposed to advance if there is nothing to gain since all the clans start out with 0 points?

Or maybe do clans start out with a certain amount of points and are susceptible of losing them? If this is the case, would there be only a certain amount of points circulating though the event depending on how many clans sign up? For example, if each clan starts out with 5 points and 20 clans sign up there would be a maximum of 100 points to gain. And then the best clan would gain all 100 points, thus other clans would only be able to gain points by beating the best clan and not by fighting clans of their own capability.
Imo all brit has to do is in age 2 with lbow musk huss as diarrhea [diarouga] suggested. -_DB_
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Event Information thread

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

#DumbRules
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Event Information thread

Post by Kaiserklein »

thestrider wrote:
incog wrote:[hr]2.3 - If a clan reaches loses all their points in the 4th tier, they do not leave the tournament' they simply hit the bottom. The same rules still apply to this clan, no negative points are possible however. Theres nothing to gain beating them, but they can still challenge whoever they want. Unfair? Yes.
How are you even supposed to advance if there is nothing to gain since all the clans start out with 0 points?

Or maybe do clans start out with a certain amount of points and are susceptible of losing them? If this is the case, would there be only a certain amount of points circulating though the event depending on how many clans sign up? For example, if each clan starts out with 5 points and 20 clans sign up there would be a maximum of 100 points to gain. And then the best clan would gain all 100 points, thus other clans would only be able to gain points by beating the best clan and not by fighting clans of their own capability.

"All clans start in the 4th tier with 3 points."
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France iNcog
Ninja

Event Information thread

Post by iNcog »

kaiserklein wrote:
thestrider wrote:How are you even supposed to advance if there is nothing to gain since all the clans start out with 0 points?

"All clans start in the 4th tier with 3 points."

This, also theres a lot of inflation going around in there, due to the way points are generated. Youll be able to gain points by winning vs any clan, so as long as they dont have 0 points (which is possible if they hit the bottom). If a clan with 0 points challenges you, you either play out the series to keep the 1 point you would have paid to dodge, or pay up 1 point. Its unfair, but as Ive said before, the format isnt meant to be "fair"