52%

Total votes: 56

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Rules suck

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Am I the only one to think that the rules are fucking terrible?

I really like the idea of doing a clan tournament but with that rules I won't even have fun lol.

You beat a clan with a high rating, you get his points. Wtf? So my opponent has 10 points, I have 3, I win and I now I have 13 and I go in the next league.

I get challenged by someone with 0 points, I win and I get, 0points. How? What's the point of playing omg? Then I just dodge and auto loose my points.
Also don't forget that everybody will be in league1 at the end. Yeah, you beat someone and you go in the next league. Why do you make leagues then?
Isn't the purpose of leagues to have the majority of players in the lower league and only bests in the 1st league?
Also the goal of any league is that in a period, the one who's the best wins. Here you can win 20matches and loose 1 and you'll be 2nd.
What's this system of finals also? Lol
You have 12 points in league 1, and then you face every clans (because every clans will be in league 1 at some point), and beat noob clans to have a good ratio.
Really I don't see the point.

I was really happy to see such an event but with those rules that is really goona suck.
Who is also thinking that the rules are terrible?
No Flag irage
Musketeer

Rules suck

Post by irage »

agree with u
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rules suck

irage wrote:agree with u
Then vote.
No Flag irage
Musketeer

Rules suck

Post by irage »

It shud be something more like elo calculation, u win a higher league u get more points u win a low league u get less and vice versa, giving away all points for a loss sucks imo
No Flag irage
Musketeer

Rules suck

Post by irage »

diarouga wrote:
irage wrote:agree with u
Then vote.
Done
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rules suck

irage wrote:It shud be something more like elo calculation, u win a higher league u get more points u win a low league u get less and vice versa, giving away all points for a loss sucks imo
Well, if people loose they should loose points imo. But they shouldn t be able to win 10 points lol. 4-5 at max imo.

Elo calculation is the very nice imo. Each clan start with 1600 elo, at 1700 you''re league3, at 1800 league2 etc.
And after a month, we do a tournament in each league to make a rating. Or something like that.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Rules suck

Post by _RDX_ »

I also agree with what Diarouga said. The rules look really bad. They should be corrected.
oranges.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Rules suck

Post by DerMaxinator »

diarouga wrote:
irage wrote:It shud be something more like elo calculation, u win a higher league u get more points u win a low league u get less and vice versa, giving away all points for a loss sucks imo
Well, if people loose they should loose points imo. But they shouldn t be able to win 10 points lol. 4-5 at max imo.

Elo calculation is the very nice imo. Each clan start with 1600 elo, at 1700 youre league3, at 1800 league2 etc.
And after a month, we do a tournament in each league to make a rating. Or something like that.
Seems legit
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
France iNcog
Ninja

Rules suck

Post by iNcog »

I don't have the time to argue extensively on the matter though I will go over why the rules are made in the way they are. If you believe the rules still suck afterwards, you're free to not participate.

First off, rules are completely subject to revision, now and in the future. This is the first event with a format of this type I've seen run, future events will probably have different rules (in particular for rank) as I figure out what works and what doesn't.

Now, realize that this league isn't meant to be fair. I never made it so that it was fair, there are tons of curve-balls thrown at players throughout the event. I don't care about fairness, if you're afraid of what happens when you're defeated, my answer is simple: don't lose in the first place. An underdog clan who defeats a stronger clan will be showered with riches, fame, and glory. If you're afraid of underdog clans taking your points, then dodge the match. Everything has a price though, including dodging.

The ranking itself is meant to be volatile. I'm not interested in seeing clans grind their way up to high ranks, game by game. It's said in the rules: "Current form matters more than past results.". I don't care if you had a good run previously, if you're SkWzZ or hope. It's today's match which matters.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Rules suck

Post by iNcog »

To answer some stuff more precisely:

It shud be something more like elo calculation, u win a higher league u get more points u win a low league u get less and vice versa, giving away all points for a loss sucks imo

You aren't losing all your points if you lose. You're losing 2 points. That's it, lol.

You beat a clan with a high rating, you get his points. Wtf? So my opponent has 10 points, I have 3, I win and I now I have 13 and I go in the next league.

Exactly. Where's the problem? You beat someone who is skilled and who has gotten a lot of points. So you get a lot of points yourself' that's all there is to it.

I get challenged by someone with 0 points, I win and I get, 0points. How? What's the point of playing omg? Then I just dodge and auto loose my points.

Yes, you have everything to lose and nothing to gain. If you don't want to waste your time defending your points, then pay up. Remember that in this league, points represent rank but they ALSO make you a target to other clans' challenges.

Also don't forget that everybody will be in league1 at the end. Yeah, you beat someone and you go in the next league. Why do you make leagues then?
Isn't the purpose of leagues to have the majority of players in the lower league and only bests in the 1st league?
Also the goal of any league is that in a period, the one who's the best wins. Here you can win 20matches and loose 1 and you'll be 2nd.

As I said before, today's match is what's important, not past results. So just don't lose. Unfortunately the lower ranked player decides the match type and initial map. Hey, you aren't allowed to pretend to be the best: you have to prove it. By not losing. It's not like you get knocked out when you hit second place. lol

The league system is there to prevent to too big jumps of rank. In the end, everyone does get to the first league. That's how it works. It's a race to the top. You aren't allowed to lose and you aren't allowed to fall asleep, if your goal is to win. It's named "Strong World" for a reason.

What's this system of finals also? Lol
You have 12 points in league 1, and then you face every clans (because every clans will be in league 1 at some point), and beat noob clans to have a good ratio.

Finals might be revised before a clan gets there, not sure yet. So far it looks OK to me however.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India _DB_
Howdah

Rules suck

Post by _DB_ »

Why even keep point system for clans. No rated plz.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Rules suck

Post by glorious_ »

idk u guys should probably think about the rules again...
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Revan

Rules suck

Post by glorious_ »

elo for clans or something :D
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rules suck

incog wrote:I don''t have the time to argue extensively on the matter though I will go over why the rules are made in the way they are. If you believe the rules still suck afterwards, you''re free to not participate.

First off, rules are completely subject to revision,

That''s why I made this thread.

Now, realize that this league isn''t meant to be fair. I never made it so that it was fair, there are tons of curve-balls thrown at players throughout the event. I don''t care about fairness, if you''re afraid of what happens when you''re defeated, my answer is simple: don''t lose in the first place. An underdog clan who defeats a stronger clan will be showered with riches, fame, and glory. If you''re afraid of underdog clans taking your points, then dodge the match. Everything has a price though, including dodging.

So the luckiest and not the best should win right? You know as everybody that it is not possible to win every games, and that at some point, every clan will loose. Shouldn''t the best clan of the event and not the best clan of one day be the winner?
If not, then make a one day tournament and not a league (btw, remember that the league doesn t have any point since everybody will be in highest leagues).

It''s today''s match which matters.
You chose to do a one month+ long event with eliminations. Then that''s how well you perform in this period which matters, not 10 games. With your system, a clan could start to play in the last week and be number 1 even if other clans were hardly fighting for more than one month.

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rules suck

incog wrote:To answer some stuff more precisely:

You aren''t losing all your points if you lose. You''re losing 2 points. That''s it, lol.

I meant that you should get points proportionnaly of your opponent''s rating, but not have more points than him because you won a match.
How can you accept that a clan fought for weeks to get number 1 and then get number2 because they lost a bo3-5 to a random clan?

Exactly. Where''s the problem? You beat someone who is skilled and who has gotten a lot of points. So you get a lot of points yourself' that''s all there is to it.
[span style="font-size:20.0359535217285px'"]If you beat someone who''s skilled, you should get more points than usual, but if he''s better than you and loose, you shouldn''t be ahead in the rating.[/span]
I get challenged by someone with 0 points, I win and I get, 0points. How? What''s the point of playing omg? Then I just dodge and auto loose my points.
Yes, you have everything to lose and nothing to gain. If you don''t want to waste your time defending your points, then pay up. Remember that in this league, points represent rank but they ALSO make you a target to other clans'' challenges.

Nothing to say, really. When you beat someone you should just get points.

Also don''t forget that everybody will be in league1 at the end. Yeah, you beat someone and you go in the next league. Why do you make leagues then?
Isn''t the purpose of leagues to have the majority of players in the lower league and only bests in the 1st league?
Also the goal of any league is that in a period, the one who''s the best wins. Here you can win 20matches and loose 1 and you''ll be 2nd.
As I said before, today''s match is what''s important, not past results. So just don''t lose. Unfortunately the lower ranked player decides the match type and initial map. Hey, you aren''t allowed to pretend to be the best: you have to prove it. By not losing. It''s not like you get knocked out when you hit second place. lol

You know that you can''t win every serie. Even in a bo15 and if you''re the best. Let it alone when you have to pick your civ 1st, when your opponent chooses the map and when the players in a team change.

The league system is there to prevent to too big jumps of rank. In the end, everyone does get to the first league. That''s how it works. It''s a race to the top. You aren''t allowed to lose and you aren''t allowed to fall asleep, if your goal is to win. It''s named "Strong World" for a reason.
If everybody is in the 1st league at the end, then it doesn''t prevent anything.

What''s this system of finals also? Lol
Finals might be revised before a clan gets there, not sure yet. So far it looks OK to me however.
Suppose that two clan make an alliance, say mankle''s clan and a noob one. Then they both give free wins to each other. When the noob clan is in the upper league, mankle''s clan beat an other clan and goes in the next league. At the end, only those 2 clans will be in the 1st league. When mankle''s clan reaches 12points, there''s the final, he beats the other clan and mankle clan is number 1 and the noob clan number2.
France iNcog
Ninja

Rules suck

Post by iNcog »

I'll make it short and sweet. I can't be fucked to go over the rules and argue about them. If you don't want to participate, then don't. I made the event with several goals in mind' making a fair tournament was not one of them. We have ASC for that.

I will change rules accordingly in the future and look into every bit of feedback which I can get my hands on, however I'm not going to change anything just because you've opened a thread saying "this sucks" after deciding for yourself what you think this event should be about.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rules suck

I opened a thread with 80% of people thinking that it sux while it could be good.
What's your goal with that event? To have fun of course. But people are saying that they would enjoy it more if the rules were better.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Rules suck

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

You won't lose all your points' you only lose two. And you have kynesie and tit in your team, so just lag and wall and you probably won't lose.
France iNcog
Ninja

Rules suck

Post by iNcog »

Unfortunately, I can see who voted. So I don't really care. It's basically every French person on these forums who voted "no", as well as a few other people (who I've already talked to separately and they gave me their thoughts already either way).
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rules suck

incog wrote:Unfortunately, I can see who voted. So I don''t really care. It''s basically every French person on these forums who voted "no",

Lol? Really? When you say everybody, you mean 5 people lol.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Rules suck

Post by SoldieR »

Damn, this topic was extremely rude in showing your opinion.
#2 - this is for fun
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Rules suck

Post by gibson »

Yea this whole thread just feels off. I mean people are coming together to try to have a fun event, no matter how bad you may think the rules are, it's better then nothing. No one's asking you guys to participate, so if you don't like it don't, or come with solutions, not complaints.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Rules suck

gibson wrote: come with solutions, not complaints.
I did, make an elo rating system.
+it would be much easier for Incog.
India _DB_
Howdah

Rules suck

Post by _DB_ »

diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote: come with solutions, not complaints.
I did, make an elo rating system.
+it would be much easier for Incog.
+1
Elo rating system would be fine.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Rules suck

Post by oxaloacetate »

Where is the "I didnt read the actual rules, just this thread - therefore I cannot vote"-option? You know, the one which actually should have gotten about 80% of the votes. haha, peeple..
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth