Beta British Discussion

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Beta British Discussion

Post by zoom »

Goodspeed wrote:
zoom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Yeah which would make it harder to age early, which Brit tends to do on a food or wood start.
I guess it might be a bit too much though. It would also disable the TP start.
Maybe replace with a food crate instead.

Actually I don't like it anymore. Guess I'm just desperate to find something that doesn't directly nerf the civ bonus, which is the type of change that appears in my nightmares.

Fixed crates pls
I don't think your arbitrary obsession with technicalities is healthy or reasonable. It's important to be flexible and use judgement, instead of absolute principle.
Have you also forgotten that the manor change was made on my watch? It's not an obsession, it's a (strong) preference to balance without directly nerfing civ bonuses. One I hope you share.
Who decided on it isn't relevant to the argument. My only point – other than your argument against the Manor nerf being practically very weak, is that you are biased, making a disproportionately great deal out of something that is a disproportionately small one. I never see you complaining about CdB or Uhlan nerfs being bad, and those are far worse; the former because of obvious alternatives, and the latter because of its significance. In context and contrast, the Manor nerf is much less bad, and removes a probematic decimal cost, to boot!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Beta British Discussion

Post by zoom »

edeholland wrote:
zoom wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Yeah which would make it harder to age early, which Brit tends to do on a food or wood start.
I guess it might be a bit too much though. It would also disable the TP start.
Maybe replace with a food crate instead.

Actually I don't like it anymore. Guess I'm just desperate to find something that doesn't directly nerf the civ bonus, which is the type of change that appears in my nightmares.

Fixed crates pls
I don't think your obsession with arbitrary technicalities is healthy or reasonable. It's important to be flexible and use judgement, instead of absolute principle.
I think that attitude made for some great patches. It was also necessary to prevent the mistakes that were made in the Fanpatch.
Agreed! I think you misunderstand my point: I'm not contesting the principle; I'm noting the bias with which it was – and apparently continues to be – applied. Another principle of which I'm a strong proponent, is avoiding changes that infringe on civilizations' design – which is why I think it important to replace the Portuguese Settler cost buff, one of few outrightly flawed changes of the patch.