Beta French Discussion

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Beta French Discussion

Post by zoom »

Please discuss anything relating specifically to the French, in this thread. The following are the current changes to the civilization:

– Coureur Des Bois cost reduced from 125f to 120f [revert]
– "TEAM Early Skirmishers" shipment no longer moves Black Flag banner-army from Fortress to Colonial Age; Now moves Imperial and Territorial banner-armies from Fortress to Colonial Age

The following changes are currently being considered:

:flowers:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Beta French Discussion

Post by deleted_user »

The cdb cost revert will probably put them in decent spot, I think we shouldn't touch france anymore, hopefully france will be played more in the future.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

I like this revert, just a small buff is what they need, they were just average so far
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

France is fine and the cdb change barely matters, I don't mind either way
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

i always found the small food cost difference make some sec difference very precious when you hit age2 cause it can help you finish your batch with ease or with like 1 more huss or call minuteman then can be turned into less idle time, more gathering etc.. when you're under pressure against build like 5/5cos russia or iro 4kenya first. And coupled with some other civ buff (like rusket buff). So i think fr will definitely gain good value from the revert. just what they need indeed
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Les blähs approuvent!
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I wonder what the reason was they weren't played so much during the LAN. Hopefully this small buff is enough to give them some exposure.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

edeholland wrote:I wonder what the reason was they weren't played so much during the LAN. Hopefully this small buff is enough to give them some exposure.

Because they don't hard counter any civ. Thus you don't want to pick them as a counterpick. They're a fine first pick but some civs (Germany, Iro, Russia, India) are just stronger.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
edeholland wrote:I wonder what the reason was they weren't played so much during the LAN. Hopefully this small buff is enough to give them some exposure.

Because they don't hard counter any civ. Thus you don't want to pick them as a counterpick. They're a fine first pick but some civs (Germany, Iro, Russia, India) are just stronger.
I suppose that's true. But they also don't have any hard counter, so maybe they are the ultimate quick search civ.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

edeholland wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I suppose that's true. But they also don't have any hard counter, so maybe they are the ultimate quick search civ.

Yea, they're a good first pick because they don't have any hard counter, but there are better first picks (germany, iro, russia, india).