Beta Indians Discussion

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Beta Indians Discussion

Post by Kaiserklein »

Siege eles suck overall because they're bad at killing artillery and they're expensive, but they're actually pretty good vs water because of the mobility and the siege
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

They lack the range vs offshore upgraded warships though. Like iro light cannons. Vs someone who microes its still quite hard. Thats just super late game tho, midgame they do well vs water, true
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Thank you to everyone for your patience and thoughts! The next few days, I will be comprehensively going through the forum, responding where meaningful. Returning to the discussion in this thread:

lordraphael wrote:what bothers me, is that india, easily one of the strongest civs in the game is getting buffed only. if ceasefire was removed entirely id be a lot more happy about buffing india.
I cannot agree that Indians is being buffed, only. I don't intend for these changes to be significant buffs to the civilization (i.e ones that significantly improve its performance against other civilizations). However, I do intend for the Cease Fire nerf to be one, and would consider replacing the ability, altogether, if the current nerf isn't acceptable. Please help test it, to that end! Regardless, I will consider partially reverting the Rajput buff, and polling Cease Fire, soon enough.

Another specific matter that I would like everybody's opinion on, is whether the House cost buff is meaningful, beyond buffing the civilization, in general. That is to say: Does it have a positive effect on the civilization, outside of making it stronger?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Peachrocks wrote:The problem Rajputs have are the same ones Pikes and most Heavy infantry has. There are other alternatives available especially in India's case where it's overflowing with units that counter cavalry and all three are better choices. The only answer I could give is making the Sepoy less useful against cavalry in age 2/3, thus making the Rajput a better direct answer to cavalry.

You really really don't want melee heavy infantry being too good. I still remember the garbage back in the days where Dutch was best civ in the game with their 5.2 speed Halberdiers that didn't get a penalty against ranged infantry. It was a mess.
Agreed – although the penalty is against all infantry. I'm also considering counterbalancing the Halberdier buff, whether in general, or for the Dutch in particular.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think the Indian monks should have 1 range on their stun ability. Basically, just enough to allow them to stun a moving converted guardian, cause atm they can't ever stun them unless they just stop moving, which is imo stupid. If it still doesn't work with 1 range, give 2.
Thoughts?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Kaiserklein wrote:I think the Indian monks should have 1 range on their stun ability. Basically, just enough to allow them to stun a moving converted guardian, cause atm they can't ever stun them unless they just stop moving, which is imo stupid. If it still doesn't work with 1 range, give 2.
Thoughts?

I like this
Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I've decided to leave Mahout buffs out, for now. Especially recently, the unit doesn't seem significantly unviable. It's just a non-essential change, whether desirable to balance, to begin with (at this time, making the Sowar less viable, and buffing Indians both seem undesirable properties). Population cost buff were also insignificant, outside of psychological impact. In the future, though, we should consider addressing the animation.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

amiggo1999 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I think the Indian monks should have 1 range on their stun ability. Basically, just enough to allow them to stun a moving converted guardian, cause atm they can't ever stun them unless they just stop moving, which is imo stupid. If it still doesn't work with 1 range, give 2.
Thoughts?
I like this
Let's poll it!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

So, is otto consulate going to be nerfed? I liked the suggestion of removing it from buildings. Agra in particular is insane with that.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Agra with Otto cons lol