Beta "Cease Fire" Discussion

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Beta "Cease Fire" Discussion

Post by zoom »

Please discuss anything related to the "Cease Fire" ability, here. Current change:

– Taj Mahal “Cease Fire” ability duration decreased from 20 to 15 seconds; now also halves all military unit speed

Potential options:

– “Taj Mahal” wonder “Cease Fire” ability duration decreased from 20 to 15 seconds; effect (not alert) delayed by 5s, when activated
– “Taj Mahal” wonder “Cease Fire” ability removed; replaced with a 1.5/s export trickle

As well, time could be decreased to 10s, instead of 15s. This would decrease the control impediment.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Beta "Cease Fire" Discussion

Post by deleted_user0 »

would it be possible to add like a distance restriction? during ceasefire units are forced to be a certain distance a part from each other.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Imo replace the ability with something else entirely.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

could work. How about peace and prosperity? Boosting all coin gathering income (mine, paddies, whales etc) with let's say 100% for a few seconds (10 or more?). Goes along with the coin age up.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

zoom wrote:Please discuss anything related to the "Cease Fire" ability, here. Current change:

– Taj Mahal “Cease Fire” ability duration decreased from 20 to 15 seconds; now also halves all military unit speed

Potential options:

– “Taj Mahal” wonder “Cease Fire” ability duration decreased from 20 to 15 seconds; effect (not alert) delayed by 5s, when activated
– “Taj Mahal” wonder “Cease Fire” ability removed; replaced with a 1.5/s export trickle

As well, time could be decreased to 10s, instead of 15s. This would decrease the control impediment.

I think replace cease fire with export trickle sounds like a good idea, however it should be more trickle I think, ( maybe 200-300export in each cease fire or so.)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

This one would be better imo.
Cease fire is a broken mechanic imo, even if it is not used agressively. It's just another way to get away with mistakes, and you can already get away with so many mistakes as India.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Export trickle might be better as it fixes their lack of artillery lategame. However i am worried about timings with the 2 bombards.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

now also halves all military unit speed

this might help with cease fire midmap, but now it can also be used to trap slow units under your agra/tc for 15 seconds while you wait for your urumis to arrive.

I like the export trickle idea.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Also it would be easier to wall your opponent's units. Somppu tried to do that against kaiser, and with this change it would have worked.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Yup, export trickle sounds like a good idea. I've always liked export as a mechanic and feel it can't really be interacted with enough. Ceasefire is just too difficult to balance without it affecting something in a highly negative way.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Goodspeed wrote:Imo replace the ability with something else entirely.
It's an option. One I'm surprised you're so keen on opting for.

It's a last resort, to me.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

deleted_user wrote:
zoom wrote:Please discuss anything related to the "Cease Fire" ability, here. Current change:

Potential options:

I think replace cease fire with export trickle sounds like a good idea, however it should be more trickle I think, ( maybe 200-300export in each cease fire or so.)
1.5 export per second equates to 675 export per Cease Fire.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lemmings121 wrote:
now also halves all military unit speed

this might help with cease fire midmap, but now it can also be used to trap slow units under your agra/tc for 15 seconds while you wait for your urumis to arrive.

I like the export trickle idea.
Even in that situation, it shouldn't be any worse, than before, given the shorter duration, and the fact that any Indian units would have to close a given distance at half speed.

It's not perfect. I'm interested in seeing how it plays out, compared to before, though.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I'd do 1 export/sec, that's already a lot. 800c+4v wonder sounds insane tbh.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

zoom wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Potential options:

1.5 export per second equates to 675 export per Cease Fire.

ah sorry, I understood it as it only gives export when you press the cease fire button, but yea the idea is cool 1.5/s export
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

the ceasefire ability shouldn't give more than 300ish export per ceasefire, possibly increasing per age (200 in age2, 300 in age3, 400 in age4, 500 in age5) but 675 is ridiculous. Also it has to be considered that this is available right after age up, so effectively you're aging with a wonder that gives like 1400+ res to age3 (800c + export which is like 1.5-2 generic res)`

800c + 675 export would be (almost) as good as 2000c which you get aging to V. That's insane. It's actually even better if you consider that you can just do ceasefire again after the cooldown, effectively granting india the equivalent of a shipment every few minutes. It would hands down become the best wonder or age up politician in the game. If you consider export trickle, as opposed to for example increasing the export gathering rate for a certain period of time, then this must be carefully considered. Perhaps the coin age up bonus should be halved or decreased a bit at least.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The brainstorming is real.
About granting resources, exports or w/e. It's crap design. What's the point of deciding when to click the button if the effect it's just to give resources? Of course you're going to click as soon as it is available.
Also i't just not that great of an idea, we can do better.
I'm still convinced that just shortening the duration of cease fire is probably the best choice in terms of results on balance and cost of the change.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

It still requires "skill", attention so to speak. It's like shipments. Often you see people forgetting to send them and stack 2 when preoccupied. So it's still not bad if you need to click to get it. But ye, it's not the best.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

I’m pretty sure you don’t even need the button ability anymore. Just make the Taj Mahal an export generator.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it must be a small trickle then, honestly. Like less way less than the porcelain tower on all res trickle.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

How about we make the ability a 50% speed boost? That way you can still run your sepoy/urumi army onto your enemy, but don't have the cease fire bs
Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

More like 20-25%, let's be reasonable.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

amiggo1999 wrote:How about we make the ability a 50% speed boost? That way you can still run your sepoy/urumi army onto your enemy, but don't have the cease fire bs

they already kinda have that with inspiration.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

umeu wrote:would it be possible to add like a distance restriction? during ceasefire units are forced to be a certain distance a part from each other.
I think it's a good idea, but it seems technically tricky. Will ask.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:The brainstorming is real.
About granting resources, exports or w/e. It's crap design. What's the point of deciding when to click the button if the effect it's just to give resources? Of course you're going to click as soon as it is available.
Also i't just not that great of an idea, we can do better.
I'm still convinced that just shortening the duration of cease fire is probably the best choice in terms of results on balance and cost of the change.
It seems some misunderstand: The idea is to have the Taj Mahal generate 1 or 1.5 export per second, after completely removing the ability button.