Beta Fixed Starting Crates Discussion

Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Re: Beta Fixed Starting Crates Discussion

Post by sebnan12 »

the point that fixed crates are going to make balancing civs easier shud already be enough imo. so yea fixed crates pls
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I have no doubts that China would definitely be underpowered on 200w and overpowered on 400w.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Mitoe wrote:I have no doubts that China would definitely be underpowered on 200w and overpowered on 400w.

I think there could be some exception about china crates, 300wood start put them in a good shape that I wouldn't like to see it's getting changed.
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

While fixed crates would help for balance , i m not a great fan because of how boring age 1 will be... But atm some civilizations can have a way to benefit from a gold start while some other can t , resulting in a biased match.
I think a first step would be to replace useless crates ( for exemple gold crates by food one for civ that can t do anything with it). We might need to adjust balance then, but still, it seems to be a more elegant way to reduce the luck factor.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Bumping this one, honestly gold and food crate are mostly fine for every civ. Gold crate isn't really that bad for Japan as most of times when you don't get 300w you're simply not going to play with the port consulate and that's totally fine (actually better in lot of MUs).
Right now the only MUs where you definetely perceive a difference are Inda/Jap vs Dutch just because of how much of a swing the gold crate is for the civs combined.
Image Image Image