British Allies Nerf

Should "British Allies" be nerfed from +10% hitpoints to +5% hitpoints?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 13

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

British Allies Nerf

Post by zoom »

I think it is a good change. I simply did not consider it a priority for EP7 (whereas Ottoman Allies I did, since it is a direct nerf to Indians and evidently more viable than British Allies, in 1vs1, which seems relegated to the niche that is the "Consulate rush", or the late-game.) Please keep in mind that it would affect Chinese the most.

Wickedcossack recently expressed a wish to include this change with EP7, and as I told him, I'm happy to include it, if players prefer to.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: British Allies Nerf

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah 10% is just a lot, and it's one of the reasons why China often seems to have an unkillable army
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Yea this really needed to be nerfed, it's what gives India the unkillable army probably the only main change India needs from RE. Also seeing Brit cons always selected for 95% of games is just pretty meh. This goes for China aswell.

I would say though I did suggest this in place of the otto consulate nerf not in addition to it. Win rate in EPL was pretty poor, and if I take out my matches with India the win rate is actually complete garbage considering it was picked so much so I would be careful about overnerf. Especially since we are moving to all TP maps for the next events I heard?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

How many of these india losses were vs russia on no tp maps though? And indian players just fucking up their defense? Not sure the winrate is very meaningful here, though I might be wrong.

Thing is if you only nerf the brit consulate, everyone will just go otto consulate. The otto passive bonus is imo inferior, though some players will argue it's not. But the otto techs are easily superior, 4v and mm are just really nice, plus being able to train an actual cav unit. So I think if the brit consulate is nerfed, the otto one deserves a nerf too.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

10% may be a lot but 5% is kinda crap.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

WickedCossack wrote:Yea this really needed to be nerfed, it's what gives India the unkillable army probably the only main change India needs from RE. Also seeing Brit cons always selected for 95% of games is just pretty meh. This goes for China aswell.

I would say though I did suggest this in place of the otto consulate nerf not in addition to it. Win rate in EPL was pretty poor, and if I take out my matches with India the win rate is actually complete garbage considering it was picked so much so I would be careful about overnerf. Especially since we are moving to all TP maps for the next events I heard?
Making by far the most viable option even more viable seems undesirable.

Frankly, I see no reason to do so, but if players want, I don't mind reverting the "Levy" nerf. I definitely would be careful about overnerfing the civilization, regardless.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

zoom wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:Yea this really needed to be nerfed, it's what gives India the unkillable army probably the only main change India needs from RE. Also seeing Brit cons always selected for 95% of games is just pretty meh. This goes for China aswell.

Making by far the most viable option even more viable seems undesirable.

Frankly, I see no reason to do so, but if players want, I don't mind reverting the "Levy" nerf. I definitely would be careful about overnerfing the civilization, regardless.
Selecting Ottomans for 3 mins before switching to Brits for the next 57 doesn't make Ottomans more 'viable.' As bad of an analogy as this is ... calling mm once a game at the tc doesn't make it more viable than making vils, but at least it's adds an option. It keeps bugging me you saying it's more viable, sure for the space of 3 minutes. As someone who plays India a lot my consulate is nearly always showing brits, not ottos, not fre, not port and it's a bit tiring. Lets have some otto -> fre builds or fre -> otto builds etc
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I liked the building los nerf for otto cons
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I think people will stay on Otto consulate with that nerf.