Ezad wrote:why isnt KEK represented there? :hmm:

hpc xD
:nwc:
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Re: Announcing the ESOC Premier League!

Post by japanesegeneral »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Fair point. It's too late anyway.
I also disagree with the prize pool distribution (equally split, should be proportional to the auction), but can't change the rules when it's announced.

That would not make much sense. The teams get rewarded by number of wins. One player can only get about 20 percent of the wins of since everybody is probably facing someone close to their elo. However an uneven distribution could also lead to players loosing on purpose because they dont want the top player of the team to cash in on their success.

I think this kind of rewarding system is pretty good for the League (not perfect either). Also if you need money get a job.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Well, this seems quite unethical, but you may bid for Jesus now
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

japanesegeneral wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Fair point. It's too late anyway.
I also disagree with the prize pool distribution (equally split, should be proportional to the auction), but can't change the rules when it's announced.

That would not make much sense. The teams get rewarded by number of wins. One player can only get about 20 percent of the wins of since everybody is probably facing someone close to their elo. However an uneven distribution could also lead to players loosing on purpose because they dont want the top player of the team to cash in on their success.

I think this kind of rewarding system is pretty good for the League (not perfect either). Also if you need money get a job.

Yes obviously, however the better players are going to play against the best players, and it's going to be harder for them to win.
That's just how it works everywhere. In Dota or Lol, the "start" of the team gets paid more than the others. It's not about the money honestly, it's more about fairness.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

Yeah but in other games better players are also contributing more to the team then the other players. While in this format a win vs raphael is just as good as a win vs gua or snuden so it is exactly the same contribution. Why would this system be unfair? Toplevel players try to get their 20 percent of the teams performance so does everybody else. If you are a toplevel it is a hard to win games as if you were a normal player playing against normal players.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

japanesegeneral wrote:Yeah but in other games better players are also contributing more to the team then the other players. While in this format a win vs raphael is just as good as a win vs gua or snuden so it is exactly the same contribution. Why would this system be unfair? Toplevel players try to get their 20 percent of the teams performance so does everybody else. If you are a toplevel it is a hard to win games as if you were a normal player playing against normal players.

No, a win vs rapha is not as good as a win vs snuden.
Like, if you switch the player who's going to play rapha and the one who's going to play snuden, the #1 player is going to win 5-0 against Snuden and snuden's initial opponent will lose 5-0 to rapha.

It's just basic logic. In Starcraft II, there was an event called the proleague, which worked exactly like that (except it's only bo1), and of course they best players would get paid more.

And it's harder to win against rapha than it is to win against Snuden, regardless of your level so I'm not sure about your last point. You're assuming that it's as hard because the player is worse. Well, he's worse, that's why he doesn't deserve to get the same prize.
Finally, the top players are most likely going to coach the other players and it should be rewarded.

Anyway, you will see at the auction that some players are more expensive than some others. It just shows that the managers think that some players are worth more than some others, that's why the prize should be proportional to the auction.
It's too late anyway because the rules won't be changed.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:No, a win vs rapha is not as good as a win vs snuden.

:shock:
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

very nice idea :)
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Like the idea, looking forward to taking part!
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Why were Snuden and myself not contacted to form an x666 team?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

ahh, cons clan has some great superstars including @tedere12 and @analworsher9 aka @kaister . TOO BAD crooked mods forgot about them too
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

where is the backpackers clan?
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
japanesegeneral wrote:Yeah but in other games better players are also contributing more to the team then the other players. While in this format a win vs raphael is just as good as a win vs gua or snuden so it is exactly the same contribution. Why would this system be unfair? Toplevel players try to get their 20 percent of the teams performance so does everybody else. If you are a toplevel it is a hard to win games as if you were a normal player playing against normal players.

Like, if you switch the player who's going to play rapha and the one who's going to play snuden, the #1 player is going to win 5-0 against Snuden and snuden's initial opponent will lose 5-0 to rapha.

It's just basic logic. In Starcraft II, there was an event called the proleague, which worked exactly like that (except it's only bo1), and of course they best players would get paid more.

And it's harder to win against rapha than it is to win against Snuden, regardless of your level so I'm not sure about your last point. You're assuming that it's as hard because the player is worse. Well, he's worse, that's why he doesn't deserve to get the same prize.
Finally, the top players are most likely going to coach the other players and it should be rewarded.

Anyway, you will see at the auction that some players are more expensive than some others. It just shows that the managers think that some players are worth more than some others, that's why the prize should be proportional to the auction.
It's too late anyway because the rules won't be changed.

The premiseof the format is that you count the number of wins and add them up. The team with the most wins wins. Therefore you each win is just as good as any other. How i expect this to be: There will be five tiers of players which will probably be somewhat even matched (unless someone (i know you can do it Aizamk) can get some really good results in the auction. Therefore each tier is about equally matched. So every win should be as hard to obtain as any other win. Since the players are quite simiar in skill. The topplayers are cashing their skill in all the time, while the majority of players worse then them do not get that chance despite beeing slightly worse. The coaching thing is not guaranteed. Some of the players in bottom tier might aswell invest more time into reseach for their team, who knows?

I would really love to see some kind of Osband-Reichelstein-scheme but yeah rules are made.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Challenger_Marco wrote:where is the backpackers clan?

Turk was contracted by Aiz so bckpk was disbanded
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Challenger_Marco wrote:where is the backpackers clan?

I am an acting member of the Backpackers brand.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

samwise12 wrote:Like the idea, looking forward to taking part!

no one can afford to pay u :(
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

is there a way to be drafted without being capeable to join any auction?
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

HP-33 (High Profile Zing) missing ...Manager- Veni ,Champion -BS_OP
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Swe Swe Magic --Manager -Victor Swe.....CHampion -LordRaphael
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Buy me ,i will be a challenging player as my name suggests and give u suprises.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I think the biggest shock to this tournament is Chrisie Signing up, can't wait to see some Advanced mill play.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Belgium chrisie
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by chrisie »

HAH you think i'm going to be that predictable for an event this important? I'm going to be pulling out all the tricks. Just wait until you see me manage to make a 6 pool reaper rush with blink stalkler support transitioning into mass swarmhosts. Just need to contact eaglemut to make this happen.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

sebnan12 wrote:is there a way to be drafted without being capeable to join any auction?

only by being selected as the champion. they're free and basically assume an assistant manager role
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Like, if you switch the player who's going to play rapha and the one who's going to play
snuden, the #1 player is going to win 5-0 against Snuden and snuden's initial opponent will lose 5-0 to rapha.

It's too late anyway because the rules won't be changed

:devil:
[Sith] - Baphomet