User avatar
Peru Ezad
Musketeer
Posts: 85

12 Aug 2019, 07:12

why isnt KEK represented there? :hmm:
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Lancer
Posts: 604
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

12 Aug 2019, 07:14

Ezad wrote:why isnt KEK represented there? :hmm:

hpc xD
Image
Image
User avatar
Germany japanesegeneral
Dragoon
Posts: 497
ESO: JapaneseGeneral
Location: Germany

12 Aug 2019, 07:53

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Fair point. It's too late anyway.
I also disagree with the prize pool distribution (equally split, should be proportional to the auction), but can't change the rules when it's announced.


That would not make much sense. The teams get rewarded by number of wins. One player can only get about 20 percent of the wins of since everybody is probably facing someone close to their elo. However an uneven distribution could also lead to players loosing on purpose because they dont want the top player of the team to cash in on their success.

I think this kind of rewarding system is pretty good for the League (not perfect either). Also if you need money get a job.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Rwanda jesus3
Howdah
Posts: 1342

12 Aug 2019, 09:38

Well, this seems quite unethical, but you may bid for Jesus now
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9262
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

12 Aug 2019, 09:40

japanesegeneral wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Fair point. It's too late anyway.
I also disagree with the prize pool distribution (equally split, should be proportional to the auction), but can't change the rules when it's announced.


That would not make much sense. The teams get rewarded by number of wins. One player can only get about 20 percent of the wins of since everybody is probably facing someone close to their elo. However an uneven distribution could also lead to players loosing on purpose because they dont want the top player of the team to cash in on their success.

I think this kind of rewarding system is pretty good for the League (not perfect either). Also if you need money get a job.

Yes obviously, however the better players are going to play against the best players, and it's going to be harder for them to win.
That's just how it works everywhere. In Dota or Lol, the "start" of the team gets paid more than the others. It's not about the money honestly, it's more about fairness.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
User avatar
Germany japanesegeneral
Dragoon
Posts: 497
ESO: JapaneseGeneral
Location: Germany

12 Aug 2019, 09:54

Yeah but in other games better players are also contributing more to the team then the other players. While in this format a win vs raphael is just as good as a win vs gua or snuden so it is exactly the same contribution. Why would this system be unfair? Toplevel players try to get their 20 percent of the teams performance so does everybody else. If you are a toplevel it is a hard to win games as if you were a normal player playing against normal players.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9262
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

12 Aug 2019, 10:05

japanesegeneral wrote:Yeah but in other games better players are also contributing more to the team then the other players. While in this format a win vs raphael is just as good as a win vs gua or snuden so it is exactly the same contribution. Why would this system be unfair? Toplevel players try to get their 20 percent of the teams performance so does everybody else. If you are a toplevel it is a hard to win games as if you were a normal player playing against normal players.

No, a win vs rapha is not as good as a win vs snuden.
Like, if you switch the player who's going to play rapha and the one who's going to play snuden, the #1 player is going to win 5-0 against Snuden and snuden's initial opponent will lose 5-0 to rapha.

It's just basic logic. In Starcraft II, there was an event called the proleague, which worked exactly like that (except it's only bo1), and of course they best players would get paid more.

And it's harder to win against rapha than it is to win against Snuden, regardless of your level so I'm not sure about your last point. You're assuming that it's as hard because the player is worse. Well, he's worse, that's why he doesn't deserve to get the same prize.
Finally, the top players are most likely going to coach the other players and it should be rewarded.

Anyway, you will see at the auction that some players are more expensive than some others. It just shows that the managers think that some players are worth more than some others, that's why the prize should be proportional to the auction.
It's too late anyway because the rules won't be changed.
"dia abused the explorer really well I'm impressed"
Bran6new
Australia Kawapasaka
Dragoon
Donator 06
Posts: 342
ESO: skirmisher1380
Location: Shitney

12 Aug 2019, 10:11

[Armag] diarouga wrote:No, a win vs rapha is not as good as a win vs snuden.

:shock:
Sittin' on a fence that's a dangerous course
You could even catch a bullet from the peace-keeping force
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Lancer
Posts: 792
ESO: aligator92

12 Aug 2019, 10:17

very nice idea :)
User avatar
Great Britain samwise12
Dragoon
Summer 2015 winner
Posts: 433

12 Aug 2019, 10:31

Like the idea, looking forward to taking part!
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1173
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

12 Aug 2019, 10:33

Why were Snuden and myself not contacted to form an x666 team?
"STOP EATING LIKE A NOOB - GET GAMERFOOD" - Johnathan FATAL1TY Wendel

FROM IVY, OUT MIDDLE, THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR, LIKE A SPEED DEMON
User avatar
Armenia Sargsyan
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1999
ESO: Sargsyan
Location: Armenia
GameRanger ID: 2106182

12 Aug 2019, 10:36

ahh, cons clan has some great superstars including @tedere12 and @analworsher9 aka @kaister . TOO BAD crooked mods forgot about them too
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Lancer
Posts: 604
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

12 Aug 2019, 10:52

where is the backpackers clan?
Image
Image
User avatar
Germany japanesegeneral
Dragoon
Posts: 497
ESO: JapaneseGeneral
Location: Germany

12 Aug 2019, 11:32

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
japanesegeneral wrote:Yeah but in other games better players are also contributing more to the team then the other players. While in this format a win vs raphael is just as good as a win vs gua or snuden so it is exactly the same contribution. Why would this system be unfair? Toplevel players try to get their 20 percent of the teams performance so does everybody else. If you are a toplevel it is a hard to win games as if you were a normal player playing against normal players.

No, a win vs rapha is not as good as a win vs snuden.
Like, if you switch the player who's going to play rapha and the one who's going to play snuden, the #1 player is going to win 5-0 against Snuden and snuden's initial opponent will lose 5-0 to rapha.

It's just basic logic. In Starcraft II, there was an event called the proleague, which worked exactly like that (except it's only bo1), and of course they best players would get paid more.

And it's harder to win against rapha than it is to win against Snuden, regardless of your level so I'm not sure about your last point. You're assuming that it's as hard because the player is worse. Well, he's worse, that's why he doesn't deserve to get the same prize.
Finally, the top players are most likely going to coach the other players and it should be rewarded.

Anyway, you will see at the auction that some players are more expensive than some others. It just shows that the managers think that some players are worth more than some others, that's why the prize should be proportional to the auction.
It's too late anyway because the rules won't be changed.


The premiseof the format is that you count the number of wins and add them up. The team with the most wins wins. Therefore you each win is just as good as any other. How i expect this to be: There will be five tiers of players which will probably be somewhat even matched (unless someone (i know you can do it Aizamk) can get some really good results in the auction. Therefore each tier is about equally matched. So every win should be as hard to obtain as any other win. Since the players are quite simiar in skill. The topplayers are cashing their skill in all the time, while the majority of players worse then them do not get that chance despite beeing slightly worse. The coaching thing is not guaranteed. Some of the players in bottom tier might aswell invest more time into reseach for their team, who knows?

I would really love to see some kind of Osband-Reichelstein-scheme but yeah rules are made.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
User avatar
United States of America Cometk
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 3398
ESO: DJ_Cometk
Location: California

12 Aug 2019, 12:56

Challenger_Marco wrote:where is the backpackers clan?

Turk was contracted by Aiz so bckpk was disbanded
Image
solemn_wishes
Poland TheNameDaniel
Skirmisher
Posts: 148
ESO: Danielek
Location: UK

12 Aug 2019, 13:28

Challenger_Marco wrote:where is the backpackers clan?


I am an acting member of the Backpackers brand.
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1601
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

12 Aug 2019, 14:38

samwise12 wrote:Like the idea, looking forward to taking part!

no one can afford to pay u :(
''its is iamsucksturk'' - Kickass_op
''no you're trash you wouldnt beat me'' - Kaiserklein
"Not my fault everyone is a idiot" - Sir_Musket
"how do you say first lt in serbian" - outta_key_
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1601
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

12 Aug 2019, 14:45

is there a way to be drafted without being capeable to join any auction?
''its is iamsucksturk'' - Kickass_op
''no you're trash you wouldnt beat me'' - Kaiserklein
"Not my fault everyone is a idiot" - Sir_Musket
"how do you say first lt in serbian" - outta_key_
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Lancer
Posts: 604
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

12 Aug 2019, 14:53

HP-33 (High Profile Zing) missing ...Manager- Veni ,Champion -BS_OP
Image
Image
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Lancer
Posts: 604
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

12 Aug 2019, 14:53

Swe Swe Magic --Manager -Victor Swe.....CHampion -LordRaphael
Image
Image
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Lancer
Posts: 604
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

12 Aug 2019, 14:57

Buy me ,i will be a challenging player as my name suggests and give u suprises.
Image
Image
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1173
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Best County in the UK

12 Aug 2019, 16:06

I think the biggest shock to this tournament is Chrisie Signing up, can't wait to see some Advanced mill play.
"STOP EATING LIKE A NOOB - GET GAMERFOOD" - Johnathan FATAL1TY Wendel

FROM IVY, OUT MIDDLE, THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR, LIKE A SPEED DEMON
User avatar
Belgium chrisie
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 128
Location: Belgium

12 Aug 2019, 16:21

HAH you think i'm going to be that predictable for an event this important? I'm going to be pulling out all the tricks. Just wait until you see me manage to make a 6 pool reaper rush with blink stalkler support transitioning into mass swarmhosts. Just need to contact eaglemut to make this happen.
User avatar
United States of America Cometk
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 3398
ESO: DJ_Cometk
Location: California

12 Aug 2019, 16:28

sebnan12 wrote:is there a way to be drafted without being capeable to join any auction?

only by being selected as the champion. they're free and basically assume an assistant manager role
Image
solemn_wishes
User avatar
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
Posts: 2950
ESO: Snuden
Location: x666 HQ

12 Aug 2019, 17:19

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
japanesegeneral wrote:Yeah but in other games better players are also contributing more to the team then the other players. While in this format a win vs raphael is just as good as a win vs gua or snuden so it is exactly the same contribution. Why would this system be unfair? Toplevel players try to get their 20 percent of the teams performance so does everybody else. If you are a toplevel it is a hard to win games as if you were a normal player playing against normal players.

No, a win vs rapha is not as good as a win vs snuden.
Like, if you switch the player who's going to play rapha and the one who's going to play
snuden, the #1 player is going to win 5-0 against Snuden and snuden's initial opponent will lose 5-0 to rapha.

It's just basic logic. In Starcraft II, there was an event called the proleague, which worked exactly like that (except it's only bo1), and of course they best players would get paid more.

And it's harder to win against rapha than it is to win against Snuden, regardless of your level so I'm not sure about your last point. You're assuming that it's as hard because the player is worse. Well, he's worse, that's why he doesn't deserve to get the same prize.
Finally, the top players are most likely going to coach the other players and it should be rewarded.

Anyway, you will see at the auction that some players are more expensive than some others. It just shows that the managers think that some players are worth more than some others, that's why the prize should be proportional to the auction.
It's too late anyway because the rules won't be changed
.

:devil:
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center

Forum Info

Return to “Tournament Information and Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest