Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: Playoffs Prediction

Post by Riotcoke »

lordraphael wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
lordraphael wrote:oh also what i forgot. For the next tournament players should be punished if they deliberatly be ingame at a scheduled time. Maybe 5 min is okay but not 30 mins like optimus did. A map loss sounds pretty fair to me.

Overall it was a great event tho. well planned and organised. just sad to see that stuff in the finals, tho it only mattered for SKG not for the viewers i guess.
Honestly Optimus' game was the only one where it was a real problem, even then it was annoying but i don't think it entirely effected the game too much. Can say the same for players taking way too long between games.
well its common sense obviously but if theres players who dont have that, make a rule thats just simple. Now that we know that some players will stay ingame altho having scheduled for a game you should enforce it.really a no brainer. I think it was the first time sth like this happened ( at least in a casted game, non casted game is annoying but a different case id say) and its just disrespectful to the player,( in case of jerimuno might have even tilted him idk ), the caster and the viewers. and im mainly arguing for viewers and casters , tho it would annoy me aswell to have my opponent just stay ingame when your game is supposed to start.
Well yeah i think it annoyed will quite a lot, I didn't mind it too much honestly. But yeah it is very disrespectful.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Demanding of another team to artificially limit itself (or be artifically limited by the admins) is ridiculous. Point of this tourney still was, that the best drafted team wins, i.e. the most skillfull team wins. If their average Player ends up being slightly better than yours due to drafting, performance and breeze being "injured" thats not their fault but the result of strategic decision making. The fair matchups were just there to ensure that no boring point farming by both sides took place, not to equalize chances of winning for both teams.

Sure not having breeze sucks for you guys, but thats not a problem of the tournament format or a mistake by the admins but just unlucky or bad decision making by either breeze or prince, not buying more than 6 players, in the event of sth. like this happening (and lets be honest despite the best effort a player not being able to play a week due to unforeseen irl stuff is always a possibility).
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

scarm wrote:Demanding of another team to artificially limit itself (or be artifically limited by the admins) is ridiculous. Point of this tourney still was, that the best drafted team wins, i.e. the most skillfull team wins. If their average Player ends up being slightly better than yours due to drafting, performance and breeze being "injured" thats not their fault but the result of strategic decision making. The fair matchups were just there to ensure that no boring point farming by both sides took place, not to equalize chances of winning for both teams.

Sure not having breeze sucks for you guys, but thats not a problem of the tournament format or a mistake by the admins but just unlucky or bad decision making by either breeze or prince, not buying more than 6 players, in the event of sth. like this happening (and lets be honest despite the best effort a player not being able to play a week due to unforeseen irl stuff is always a possibility).
Yea, looking back on it admins could not really make any other decision, so they chose right. Would've done the same tbh.

Still, as a member of the team, it doesn't make you feel any less shit losing as a result of this when you lose such a valuable player and yet it still comes down to the final game. :sad: