500$ Nr 20 1v1 tournament updated

Would you participate in the nr 20 tournament?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 69

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: 500$ Nr 20 1v1 tournament updated

Post by princeofcarthage »

Cometk wrote:saying i wouldn't 5-0 you is pretty fair. i can foresee 4-1 :)

What mu you think you gonna lose or to what civ of mine
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon
ESO: Amsterda

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

Riotcoke wrote:Who can even cast this?

If it's going to be casted which idk due to the lack of obs maps with treaty build limit I think our one volunteer would probably do a pretty job considering his skills in nr 20 and experience with casting.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

Just gonna throw this out here I think if a nr 20 player doesn't win I think it's more likely that one of the sup players would win rather than a nr 40 player.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Cometk wrote:saying i wouldn't 5-0 you is pretty fair. i can foresee 4-1 :)

What mu you think you gonna lose or to what civ of mine

i can lose with iroquois to anything
Retired Contributor

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:Just gonna throw this out here I think if a nr 20 player doesn't win I think it's more likely that one of the sup players would win rather than a nr 40 player.

Sup players can't boom, and nr20 is about getting imperial army out not industrial, to be fair I would place my bets on dick, lukas, cometk, Kaiser(considering his treaty experience) in the same order if I had to predict winner excluding me.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

princeofcarthage wrote:
[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:Just gonna throw this out here I think if a nr 20 player doesn't win I think it's more likely that one of the sup players would win rather than a nr 40 player.

Sup players can't boom, and nr20 is about getting imperial army out not industrial, to be fair I would place my bets on dick, lukas, cometk, Kaiser(considering his treaty experience) in the same order if I had to predict winner excluding me.

That part about sup players not being able to boom is just not true among the top players lol, and even the ones that aren't that good can boom pretty respectably with at least brit/ports/japan/china which also happen to be pretty good civ picks.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

With a proper BO and 5 practice games every captain+ can do a decent boom. I think a NR20 mostly comes down to mechanics and APM.
Retired Contributor

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:

That part about sup players not being able to boom is just not true among the top players lol, and even the ones that aren't that good can boom pretty respectably with at least ports/japan/china which also happen to be pretty good civ picks.

Well if you have deccan every map, boom becomes largely irrelevant after some level true, but really the assumption that any good sup player can boom is simply wrong. To give example dick, me, mongo can beat you at near 100%, but can we really boom brit no cows with precise timings and as much efficiency as you? Not right, you probably have each and every detail marked down to seconds.
Retired Contributor

edeholland wrote:With a proper BO and 5 practice games every captain+ can do a decent boom. I think a NR20 mostly comes down to mechanics and APM.

Yes you can probably get the build order correct, but if you think execution is so easy I want to see you trying it.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Cometk wouldn’t 5-0 me and the only way a sup player is winning this is if it’s lukas
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

princeofcarthage wrote:
[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That part about sup players not being able to boom is just not true among the top players lol, and even the ones that aren't that good can boom pretty respectably with at least ports/japan/china which also happen to be pretty good civ picks.

Well if you have deccan every map, boom becomes largely irrelevant after some level true, but really the assumption that any good sup player can boom is simply wrong. To give example dick, me, mongo can beat you at near 100%, but can we really boom brit no cows with precise timings and as much efficiency as you? Not right, you probably have each and every detail marked down to seconds.

I think dick and I only played 1 1v1 2014 and one pseudo 1v1 2018 where my mate left and queen let us play 1v1 both of which I lost, in the team games I played vs dick post 2016 I've won 4 out of 6, 2016 and previous years 6-12 counting the 1v1 I lost 2014. Although my win rate against Mongo has been historically maybe 20-25% until recent games where I got a win rate that's more than double that counting games played in 2019. I can also say that I probably got by far the most wins out of any player vs Mongo in 1v1 nr 20, probably because of the amount of games we've played but still lol. I used to beat you all the time, let's not talk about any games played this year or I mean let's check the rated games we've played this year... Ah I see a win against your spain revolt and nothing else, I think we can safely assume that's the only game we've played this year, lol.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

princeofcarthage wrote:
edeholland wrote:With a proper BO and 5 practice games every captain+ can do a decent boom. I think a NR20 mostly comes down to mechanics and APM.

Yes you can probably get the build order correct, but if you think execution is so easy I want to see you trying it.

Maybe we should do brit manor boom tournament, highest score at 20 wins but no heavy fortification or church card allowed, now that sounds like something I can get behind.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
deleted_user wrote:It's NR 20 how hard can it be.

I don't know man but I do remember you losing 1v1, maybe get your revenge in the tournament lol.

That was my first and only nr 20 match. I will gg ez you np.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

deleted_user wrote:
[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:
deleted_user wrote:It's NR 20 how hard can it be.

I don't know man but I do remember you losing 1v1, maybe get your revenge in the tournament lol.

That was my first and only nr 20 match. I will gg ez you np.

I know it was, come do it in the tournament or now if you want to come on eso.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't play games on ESO, tournaments only. I only feel alive with something to lose.
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

deleted_user wrote:I don't play games on ESO, tournaments only. I only feel alive with something to lose.

Sounds like Callen is in for the tournament.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

deleted_user wrote:I don't play games on ESO, tournaments only. I only feel alive with something to lose.

You get to lose in your attempt to prove your words about I will gg ez you.
HeadKilla wrote:

I hope so but idk about that lol.

@sergyou Also since Sergyou is reading I'd just like to remind everyone of my 100% win rate vs dick and Sergyou in 2v2 with soñora on my team.
No Flag [TLDT]Amsterda
Dragoon

Post by [TLDT]Amsterda »

When it comes to nr 40 players that I think could realistically win only storm comes to mind, 76% win rate against Masterchif although that's one nr 40 game and an unknown number of nr 10 games in the mix, minimum 3 nr 10 games out of 13 1v1s total.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

princeofcarthage wrote:

Dude a TR boom is the stuff of cakes. I get that the final 2% optimization of a boom can be difficult and really tight, but any self respective sup captain+ with two tries can pull off a typical TR boom with a typical civ - cow booming the only exception.

Treaty gameplay on the other hand is hard as shit.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:

HeadKilla wrote:

@sergyou Also since Sergyou is reading I'd just like to remind everyone of my 100% win rate vs dick and Sergyou in 2v2 with soñora on my team.

@dicktator_ do you confirm this disgrace ?
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

sergyou wrote:
[TLDT]Amsterda wrote:

Show hidden quotes

@dicktator_ do you confirm this disgrace ?

If it happened I don't remember it. The only losses to the amsterda/sonora combo I can find on elo is me/princeofcarthage (pretty embarrassing, but I was Aztecs, I also don't remember this game) and me/dyna (not as embarrassing, I do remember this game actually, I got cav cheesed and I was pissed).

Anyway, all this discussion about who's better and by how much is making me more excited for the tourney.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag Bucknasty
Musketeer

Post by Bucknasty »

2nd rate players compared to auke1
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:nr 15 would be cooler.

We already see some nr15 games, for example the ones involving Sioux.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Retired Contributor

Well I also don't remember me and dick losing to amster and sonora, must be early 2016 or something when I was infant in nr20. Amster you used to play nr20 long before I started, I don't know how you beating me in infant days make it fair. As far as it goes today's rusty me is winning vs you despite pathetic artillery control(somehow you have improved a lot lol)

Also while I haven't seen it I do remember amster being excited about beating dick and sergyou with sonora on team, also I remember serg being well serg to amster for next few days/months
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think NR20 is interesting because when the fighting begins you're not fully setup yet, so it is kind of a sup game that went a bit late. I agree with callen that the boom shouldn't be too hard. What's hard is probably macroing and making the right decisions once the fighting starts, because most sup players have no experience in treaty and they don't know what to do very well, myself include.
Also NR20 has an acceptable duration, unlike other treaty modes.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?