Tournament bracket

Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Tournament bracket

Post by aqwer »

Imo tournament bracket has a little flaw.
The pro div are given two rounds to drop off to advanced div. And iirc this is the only case.
It makes the games too hard or unfavorable to advanced div initial seed, which kinda defeats the purpose of having divs.
I think it should be same like lower divs. Not possible now but should be considered in future.
#trainableSpahi
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: Tournament bracket

Post by Cometk »

aqwer wrote:Imo tournament bracket has a little flaw.
The pro div are given two rounds to drop off to advanced div. And iirc this is the only case.
It makes the games too hard or unfavorable to advanced div initial seed, which kinda defeats the purpose of having divs.
I think it should be same like lower divs. Not possible now but should be considered in future.
This was done to disincentivize players from intentionally losing their Pro Division Qualifiers match so that they would be able to play in the Advanced Division where they might have the opportunity to make more money. We wanted to preserve the same cash gradient the tournament currently has but if Pro Ro16 losers didn’t also have the ability to play in the Advanced Division later, it might become wholly undesirable to be competing in the Pro Division in the first place, sandbagging the whole tournament’s integrity.

Kind of a word salad, let me know if I can clarify further.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

@Cometk
Isn't this format makes advanced div another pro div duplicate bcz how many pro players end up there and dominate the initial advanced div seeds.
#trainableSpahi
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

aqwer wrote:@Cometk
Isn't this format makes advanced div another pro div duplicate bcz how many pro players end up there and dominate the initial advanced div seeds.
It will be quite difficult for them, yes. But it’s also a proving ground, and strong performance there could influence future events. Winning a match is good for clout and making a name for oneself, and also a worthwhile challenge.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Cometk wrote:
aqwer wrote:@Cometk
It will be quite difficult for them, yes. But it’s also a proving ground, and strong performance there could influence future events. Winning a match is good for clout and making a name for oneself, and also a worthwhile challenge.
Fair enough
#trainableSpahi
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I gave up on the brackets when I saw jackgaming in the beginner division