bigsmoke wrote:die to skirms and cannon / cavalry easily

haha
''brits c'est vraiment une civ de fdp''
- Kaiserklein, 2018
No Flag helln00
Crossbow
ESO: helln00

04 Mar 2018, 16:40

Hi long time lurker around here but I just wanted to throw an idea that I have had about Native Tps, which are rarely used in games besides Nootka rushes as I can see them.

Since they are effectively resource drains for the player, how about we give them a small Xp trickle to compensate, like how otto mosque gives an xp trickle. Since I want all TPs to remain the same and not be differentiated, what I suggest is to make all TPs have the same xp trickle, but then adjust the amount of xp it gets at every pass to make it the same as before. The end result should be that the native TP gives less xp then a resource TP. This would also make ATP strat on a non resource TP map potentially not a dead investment as well and when you have both, ATP still gives you a benefit even after all the resource TP have been taken.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

04 Mar 2018, 17:05

Nat posts are there for another purpose than getting xp.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

05 Mar 2018, 05:37

Yeah agree. Most nats are viable if the TP is in a decent spot. They are just underused.
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

05 Mar 2018, 14:36

yemshi wrote:Yeah agree. Most nats are viable if the TP is in a decent spot. They are just underused.

I wouldn't say that at all.
thank god for threads
and good screws
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

05 Mar 2018, 14:40

Why?
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

05 Mar 2018, 14:41

yemshi wrote:Why?

Why would you say most are viable?
thank god for threads
and good screws
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
ESO: Gendarme

05 Mar 2018, 14:46

This makes me wonder why SirCallen liked this post: viewtopic.php?p=249679#p249679
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

05 Mar 2018, 14:52

Basically.
India rsy
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Rsy
GameRanger ID: 665696

05 Mar 2018, 15:39

The difference is one is aizamk's post from August and the other yemshi's post. Opinions can change from day to day sir and plus that's aiz one simply doesn't disagree with him.

As for nats being viable I don't see any real points from either parties here. Would love to see more nat play and strategies on how to use nats/which ones to use. Not very experienced at using them myself other than the normal made 10 nootkas burned a building stuff. Makes me sad especially since there's a lot of nice techs on a lot of the nat tps too
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

05 Mar 2018, 17:08

Viable or not they're not supposed to give xp.
United States of America Amsel_
Skirmisher
ESO: The_Amsel

17 Mar 2018, 14:43

In some build orders it's more efficient to buy resources at the market than it is to gather those resources. That gave me an idea: What if having a trading post improved the efficiency of buying and selling resources at the market? Native TPs could have some extra functionality by giving them an even bigger boost to your ability to buy wood efficiently. I think it'd be a neat feature, but its usefulness is questionable.
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Skirmisher

17 Mar 2018, 14:46

Amsel_ wrote:In some build orders it's more efficient to buy resources at the market than it is to gather those resources. That gave me an idea: What if having a trading post improved the efficiency of buying and selling resources at the market? Native TPs could have some extra functionality by giving them an even bigger boost to your ability to buy wood efficiently. I think it'd be a neat feature, but its usefulness is questionable.

u hv advanced market or what ever is the name change sell and buy factor in your favor
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

19 Mar 2018, 05:49

That's the name of the card, yes.
But he probably doesn't intend to send it. Buying wood with coin is already so effective that you simply have to do until a certain point: for the first 300w you buy you even GAIN resources. Up until 600w in total or so you should/can trade. If you intend to need more wood gather or ship it.
Italy gamevideo113
Lancer
ESO: gamevideo113

19 Mar 2018, 07:55

Amsel_ wrote:In some build orders it's more efficient to buy resources at the market than it is to gather those resources. That gave me an idea: What if having a trading post improved the efficiency of buying and selling resources at the market? Native TPs could have some extra functionality by giving them an even bigger boost to your ability to buy wood efficiently. I think it'd be a neat feature, but its usefulness is questionable.

Trading posts don't need more functions. If anything, we could look into the HC cards for natives.
Eat pasta, run fasta :love:
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
GameRanger ID: 5529322

21 Mar 2018, 15:40

yemshi wrote:That's the name of the card, yes.
But he probably doesn't intend to send it. Buying wood with coin is already so effective that you simply have to do until a certain point: for the first 300w you buy you even GAIN resources. Up until 600w in total or so you should/can trade. If you intend to need more wood gather or ship it.

It's not that efficient. With a standard euro civ, you often have gang saw and placer mines, so you probably around 5-10 VS when buying wood compared to chopping it. You also don't need to move your vils from coin to wood to do that so it's another couple VS saved. But at the end of the day, it also depletes your coin mines. If you buy 600w as you mentioned, it's gonna cost 750g+ of your gold. That can be dangerous for a lot of civs
My YouTube channel

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Germany yemshi
Jaeger

21 Mar 2018, 17:25

Who doesn't sell enourmous amounts fo res at some point in a game?
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

25 Mar 2018, 12:56

Reduce envoy train time pls
Diarouga: How exactly am I arrogant
India princeofcarthage
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Sav0rybeef

25 Mar 2018, 13:17

Hazza54321 wrote:Reduce envoy train time pls
or Maybe make them trainable at same time from tc like you can cougars ^_^
Fantastic Friday Showdown