User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 5944
ESO: Garja

08 May 2018, 16:12

Hazza54321 wrote:if you spent half the playing rather than discussing maybe youd fine out ;)

By the way, I'm testing stuff constantly, even right now.
What was the last time other EP members tested anything?
How can you even have an assestment of a civ if you don't play outside of optimal conditions. Ye, it's easy to infer that Iro are better on a TP map but to which extent should be extensively tested.
One of the problems with the current patch, which is in part a matter of method, is that by going for simplifications and then changing iteration rather frequently it's impossible for the playerbase to even try an unusual situation.

None but me tested extensively : China colonial, Iro on no TP, Russia TP play. They all just assumed those things are bad by default. Whether this is a misconception or just a practical simplification to go on, it is a bad approach.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
Posts: 6820
Location: France

08 May 2018, 16:12

umeu wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
umeu wrote:Thats why you open beta. A beta patch that can switch to easily like you can switch between ep and treaty patch would be a good start.

We had betas in the past. Since nobody played it there's no beta anymore.
However, if you suggest some changes, ask the devs to open a beta, and test it, I'm sure they'd do it :)


maybe i am missing something, but I thought we are discussing in the current beta thread right now. so surely there must be a beta right?

Well to be honest I don't know :D
I haven't heard of a beta channel actually, maybe there's no beta.
If I were a dev though, considering nobody is goona play on the beta, I wouldn't waste time creating one.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon
Posts: 230

08 May 2018, 16:29

seriously ill donate 20$ for the winner if we can see diarouga vs garja in the next Master of 14, BO27
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.

N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
Posts: 2518
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

08 May 2018, 16:57

Of course a Beta channel exists, the infrastructure is already implemented and you folks are right in the thread where its latest releases are announced...
Also, yes, there is a button for launching Beta channel much like launching ESOC Treaty Patch. It has the same color and everything.

For whoever missed the first line in the OP, I'll paste it here:

See the EP Beta FAQ for general information about EP Beta and details on how to participate.

If there's still something unclear after reading that, let me know and I'll try to clarify. I have both the current Beta thread and FAQ threads pinned and reference each other, not sure what more can I do.

umeu wrote:it could still be made easier, but i'm not sure how difficult that is.
Please be more concrete. What improvements would you like to see? From my perspective, the Beta support seems quite solid right now.
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 8188

08 May 2018, 17:10

EAGLEMUT wrote:Of course a Beta channel exists, the infrastructure is already implemented and you folks are right in the thread where its latest releases are announced...
Also, yes, there is a button for launching Beta channel much like launching ESOC Treaty Patch. It has the same color and everything.

For whoever missed the first line in the OP, I'll paste it here:

See the EP Beta FAQ for general information about EP Beta and details on how to participate.

If there's still something unclear after reading that, let me know and I'll try to clarify. I have both the current Beta thread and FAQ threads pinned and reference each other, not sure what more can I do.

umeu wrote:it could still be made easier, but i'm not sure how difficult that is.
Please be more concrete. What improvements would you like to see? From my perspective, the Beta support seems quite solid right now.


what i said before was that it would be best if the beta patch was switcheable just like the TP is. So without having to reinstall the "stable" version. But like I said, I dunno how feasible this is. How it is now is acceptable for sure
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
Posts: 2518
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

08 May 2018, 17:19

umeu wrote:what i said before was that it would be best if the beta patch was switcheable just like the TP is. So without having to reinstall the "stable" version. But like I said, I dunno how feasible this is. How it is now is acceptable for sure

Hmm, so you mean having both Stable and Beta versions installed at the same time? Indeed that sounds hard to accomplish I'm afraid.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 8639
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland

08 May 2018, 19:15

sudmakmak wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:No, he dodged the showmatch because he knows he has no chance.


LOL , Fear?

what is your reaction to Japan buffs???
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 7563
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

08 May 2018, 23:42

EAGLEMUT wrote:
umeu wrote:what i said before was that it would be best if the beta patch was switcheable just like the TP is. So without having to reinstall the "stable" version. But like I said, I dunno how feasible this is. How it is now is acceptable for sure

Hmm, so you mean having both Stable and Beta versions installed at the same time? Indeed that sounds hard to accomplish I'm afraid.
How is that, given that you can switch between EP and TP?
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 7563
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

08 May 2018, 23:46

pecelot wrote:
sudmakmak wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:No, he dodged the showmatch because he knows he has no chance.


LOL , Fear?

what is your reaction to Japan buffs???
"Fuck your ass them"?
User avatar
India rsy
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1205
ESO: Rsy
Location: USA
GameRanger Id: 665696

08 May 2018, 23:50

The only way to achieve pure balance is to remove half the civs!
- Thanos, somewhere
User avatar
Greece Googol
Howdah
Posts: 1110
ESO: Butifle
Location: Prague

09 May 2018, 07:24

rsy wrote:The only way to achieve pure balance is to remove half the civs!
- Thanos, somewhere


The only way to achieve pure balanced is to play on Vanes Patch
-Vane Stoilov (while eating fish burrito)
User avatar
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
Posts: 3212

12 May 2018, 19:05

We need a beta channel to validate that the patch we push works before pushing the final out. Being able to test balance on it is a plus, not the reason it exists.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
Posts: 304
ESO: MASTERdutch

12 May 2018, 23:43

zoom wrote:de_stroyed


de_nice2

Also: hooray for way of the bow, a good step towards making japan great again
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7624
Location: USA

13 May 2018, 04:05

de_dust2
User avatar
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
Posts: 1295
ESO: Anonymous_01
Location: United States

16 May 2018, 13:17

It would be cool to test out nerfing 5 cossacks to 4, and then reducing russian vill cost to 255f just to see if it is balanced. I think the beta is a nice platform to try out suggestions that there has been a ton of debate over, but no one has ever actually tried out in game.
Cometk wrote:hi i'm cometk welcome to jackass
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Howdah
Donator 02
Posts: 1721

16 May 2018, 13:56

Darwin_ wrote:It would be cool to test out nerfing 5 cossacks to 4, and then reducing russian vill cost to 255f just to see if it is balanced. I think the beta is a nice platform to try out suggestions that there has been a ton of debate over, but no one has ever actually tried out in game.

That's a huge nerf tbh
Sowar cost change is a buff actually because they are super horseshit and now less tempting to make. Just make sepoys instead.
Image
Image
Image
When I win, it's with homo, illegal and wrong strats.
User avatar
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
Posts: 141
ESO: deadrising78

16 May 2018, 14:26

Darwin_ wrote:It would be cool to test out nerfing 5 cossacks to 4, and then reducing russian vill cost to 255f just to see if it is balanced. I think the beta is a nice platform to try out suggestions that there has been a ton of debate over, but no one has ever actually tried out in game.

great lets make russia another semi ff civ!
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1551
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

16 May 2018, 14:44

I don't see how that change would make them a semi ff civ whatsoever. 5 cossack to 4 is not ideal though.
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1551
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

16 May 2018, 14:51

As for Garja-Diarouga debate. Garja usually exaggerate things what I've seen and no he's not right about everything he says but diarouga has a tendency to just to pick up his statements and not think about the context. and for Jerom and his crusade on Garja seems to be personal and nothing to do with the game. There are many things Garja have said to me and others which makes sense. Jerom I haven't seen you nor Diarouga playing much or at all recently, instead of arguing it over the forums you could post records to prove your point, same for Garja.
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7624
Location: USA

16 May 2018, 15:56

Lol get out of here with ur logic
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 2893
ESO: Tedere12
Location: Greece
Game: AoE Online
GameRanger Id: 4253320

16 May 2018, 16:29

deadrising78 wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:It would be cool to test out nerfing 5 cossacks to 4, and then reducing russian vill cost to 255f just to see if it is balanced. I think the beta is a nice platform to try out suggestions that there has been a ton of debate over, but no one has ever actually tried out in game.

great lets make russia another semi ff civ!

assuming they arent already :hmm:
Image
User avatar
France bwinner1
Lancer
Posts: 540
ESO: bwinner

16 May 2018, 17:05

My favorite idea (to be test) so far was to enable the 200g+1bh age up. But contrary to what the guy who talked about this said, I don't think this would just be a way for russia to ff, it would give them plenty of other new builds in age 2 aswell.
I like this because I don't think russia are especially weak but rather that they do always almost the same build : like 5cos/700w/700g is the build to go too often.
When you are talking with an idiot, he may be doing the same
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 8188

16 May 2018, 17:16

princeofkabul wrote:As for Garja-Diarouga debate. Garja usually exaggerate things what I've seen and no he's not right about everything he says but diarouga has a tendency to just to pick up his statements and not think about the context. and for Jerom and his crusade on Garja seems to be personal and nothing to do with the game. There are many things Garja have said to me and others which makes sense. Jerom I haven't seen you nor Diarouga playing much or at all recently, instead of arguing it over the forums you could post records to prove your point, same for Garja.


does anyone even play eeeeepeeeee?
User avatar
Greece Googol
Howdah
Posts: 1110
ESO: Butifle
Location: Prague

16 May 2018, 17:19

umeu wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:As for Garja-Diarouga debate. Garja usually exaggerate things what I've seen and no he's not right about everything he says but diarouga has a tendency to just to pick up his statements and not think about the context. and for Jerom and his crusade on Garja seems to be personal and nothing to do with the game. There are many things Garja have said to me and others which makes sense. Jerom I haven't seen you nor Diarouga playing much or at all recently, instead of arguing it over the forums you could post records to prove your point, same for Garja.


does anyone even play eeeeepeeeee?


iamshurk told me he would love to play with you.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
Posts: 6820
Location: France

16 May 2018, 17:20

Honestly Russia would still age with 400w and never use this 200c+1bh age up :D.
On TP maps you just want a TP from the 400w so it's a no brainer, and in general you need a lot of wood as Russia for market/houses/strels, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense.
"Everyone knows that blowing infantry to shreds with heavy cannons is the most satisfying way to win." Boneng

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest