India

Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Re: India

Post by tabben »

Garja wrote:Ye and those are all referable to player's performance.

Yup as any game involving real people playing. Still shows that playing India hasn't been auto-win this tourney (someone said they didn't lose a single non-mirror in brackets) and we've also seen that players are fine clicking into a non-mirror vs India.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It may not have been auto win but most of those game were in favor of India or completely misplayed by the India player.
So I don't rly know what's the point with that list.
Image Image Image
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

And neither were they played perfectly by the opponent.. The point is to keep out false posts like "india hasn't lost a single non-mirror" in a thread where people are trying to work out whether india is op or not
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Tabben takes it to heart when you insult his beloved india , hes very sweet like that <3
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Seriously though if you look at the indian losses the players on the left are mostly better than the ones on the right, and even so the games were very close. For example garja was ahead in his one by far until erikraiden, aiz won because of a clutch nagi pop and i almost lost mine
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I agree that India deserve a small nerf but I'm 100% sure ESOC does a total overkill and kills the civ or makes it goon-skirm only.
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Post by charlemango »

somppukunkku wrote:I agree that India deserve a small nerf but I'm 100% sure ESOC does a total overkill and kills the civ or makes it goon-skirm only.

What would you suggest, as one of the top active India players?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Could perhaps start with 80w house and 4k agra. Attack sucks already.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That's likely. Japan and India were considered op before the ESOC tournaments because people were just bad.

No they were and are OP because they objectively have more eco and stroger units than other civs.
EP chamges just made tempo more important so that civs such as Fre or Germans could exploit it consistently to win games.
The current tourney has the overall highest skill level that we had in a while. So, no it is not about being better or worse. If anything players have finally fully adapted to EP and learnt how to buy time to compensate for tempo advantages (e.g. classic sepoy counter raid or stuff like 300w builds with Jap).

The highest skill level in a while lol?
I don't see H2O, blackstar, Samwise or diarouga.

Tbh it's just because the people who signed up are mostly agressive players, and didn't defend properly.

Furthermore, 300w build as Japan isn't viable in most MUs, and sepoy counter raids don't really work since you just waste units.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:For once, I kinda agree with Garja here.
Asian civs have more objective potential but they are kinda slow if not played fast/seeking to play time. I also think that the current level is quite good even though people will come here romanticizing old finals. People have learnt to "maximizie" nilla civ potential while ago but for example for India that is happening now.

For example, in 2016 finals _h2o lost both games as india. Simply, everything he did was terrible and even Tit would beat h2o 2016 India 5-0.

Consulate rush without sowars vs dutch? Aging 5:30 (back then meta was basically always 1 vill on wonder) vs Russia?

Having a few dominant players does not mean that the level was better.

H2O doesn't play Brits, and he didn't practice this MU. Honestly on decent maps India vs Brit is a fine MU.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

We talk about different finals.
Rapha - H2o where h2o loses both games as india
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ah, I don't remember the games.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No they were and are OP because they objectively have more eco and stroger units than other civs.
EP chamges just made tempo more important so that civs such as Fre or Germans could exploit it consistently to win games.
The current tourney has the overall highest skill level that we had in a while. So, no it is not about being better or worse. If anything players have finally fully adapted to EP and learnt how to buy time to compensate for tempo advantages (e.g. classic sepoy counter raid or stuff like 300w builds with Jap).

Tbh it's just because the people who signed up are mostly agressive players, and didn't defend properly.

Furthermore, 300w build as Japan isn't viable in most MUs, and sepoy counter raids don't really work since you just waste units.

Last time Samwise and Bsop played they were mostly rusty so better to actually have active players. Also you don't count. And also I said overall level. Few names don't make the level higher especially where one side of the bracket is end up being weak.
As for 300w and sepoy raids you don't know what you're talking about. You just don't play the game to know.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tabben wrote:For reference, here are the non-mirror india losses so far in elimination brackets:

Aiz (Japan) > iamturk (India)
mongo (Dutch) > knusch (India)
soldier (France) > Lukas (India)
kaiser (Germany) > soldier (India)
snowww (Dutch) > Garja (India)
Major Dark (Duch) > Eaglemut (India)
Hazza (Japan) > Lecastete (India)

ye gonna agree with garja here, it's not really india losing, but better player winning in every case, with the exception of knusch vs mongo.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

and even knusch vs mongo while knusch is better hes not really active rn while mongo is quite active
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Last time Samwise and Bsop played they were mostly rusty so better to actually have active players. Also you don't count. And also I said overall level. Few names don't make the level higher especially where one side of the bracket is end up being weak.
As for 300w and sepoy raids you don't know what you're talking about. You just don't play the game to know.

the level is definitely not higher now, cmon. like half the players in top 8 wouldn't have made it past ro16 a 2 years ago, and they were playing the game for a long time then as well. not talking about tabben or newer players. i don't think there's a big difference overall, levels are about the same.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Aren't Dutch and French favored against Indians anyway? France can always age up safely and their early fortress timing hits pretty hard, and EP Dutch is just EleGiggle.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

french should probs win, but mu is kinda weird, the balance was very precarious. it may have switched in indias favor with cdb nerf and india buff. dutch shouldnt win imo.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Not sure about Dutch, they're very slow, but France should win.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

In my experience Dutch probably wins. But it's not a terrible match up. Dutch outmasses a bit, but a better player can outplay/outmicro to the win. Also, at some point india starts to overtake Dutch again. But still I'd favor Dutch, especially on the lower hunt maps. If there are tons of hunts then maybe india wins again. Same with France and Germany imo; on very high hunt maps india can turtle for very long. However on the average map, I'd favor those two. Also, I'm still convinced otto beats india, both with jan abus hussar timing and with FF. India vs aztec can't be better than even for india, and I honestly doubt India can reliable break aztec's contain in time without taking too much damage. There's also a bunch of verry decent match ups. Maybe india is slightly on the up in terms of average expected winrate, but I wouldn't say its worthy of a nerf.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

umeu wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes

the level is definitely not higher now, cmon. like half the players in top 8 wouldn't have made it past ro16 a 2 years ago, and they were playing the game for a long time then as well. not talking about tabben or newer players. i don't think there's a big difference overall, levels are about the same.

This argument is bad. Most of the (this year) top 8 players were way worse 2 years ago than now. I legitimately think that 2018 Somppu would beat 2016 somppu 10-0 in BO19.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I wish you were right : (
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

momuuu wrote:In my experience Dutch probably wins. But it's not a terrible match up. Dutch outmasses a bit, but a better player can outplay/outmicro to the win. Also, at some point india starts to overtake Dutch again. But still I'd favor Dutch, especially on the lower hunt maps. If there are tons of hunts then maybe india wins again. Same with France and Germany imo; on very high hunt maps india can turtle for very long. However on the average map, I'd favor those two. Also, I'm still convinced otto beats india, both with jan abus hussar timing and with FF. India vs aztec can't be better than even for india, and I honestly doubt India can reliable break aztec's contain in time without taking too much damage. There's also a bunch of verry decent match ups. Maybe india is slightly on the up in terms of average expected winrate, but I wouldn't say its worthy of a nerf.

Otto ff fails for sure vs India.
Not sure about jan/abus but I don't see Otto winning easily.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This argument is bad. Most of the (this year) top 8 players were way worse 2 years ago than now. I legitimately think that 2018 Somppu would beat 2016 somppu 10-0 in BO19.

For sure, but 2018 Somppu would lose to 2016 _H2O, 2016 bsop and 2016 Samwise.
The point is that while you've improved, players who stopped playing became worse, and I think that the 2nd factor is more relevant.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Likely, but current raphael would beat them all.