ZP: The Zoi Patch

Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Re: ZP: The Zoi Patch

Post by Atomiswave »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Ok fr and ger are top tier. That's new.
Meanwhile you complain about the fast age getting nerfed

Fre and Ger at top tier yea. And I complain about the fast age up getting nerfed because it's stupid design-wise, and it nerfs Port, while it's an average civ.

Fast age will still be good and completely viable. The only difference is it will not be one and only way to age up for civ that have it. Now we can actually except other age up politicians now and then, which almost never happened before....
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i doubt it. nerfing fast age means you go colonial, or still fast age but you are slower and thus weaker. there is no reason that it will be replaced by a slow age 3 politician
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i think slow age is viable in only one circumstance and thats when you dont have a shipment and youre almost out of res
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yea, slow age up wasn't viable. So as Umeu said, since it wasn't buffed, it still won't be, so you're either going to try to survive with the fast age up, or you have to give up on age 3.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:i think slow age is viable in only one circumstance and thats when you dont have a shipment and youre almost out of res

In which case you shouldn't age anyway.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

As long as we collectively agree that Zoi ( @zoom ) is a piece of shit and eurotrash, I'm happy.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Fre and Ger at top tier yea. And I complain about the fast age up getting nerfed because it's stupid design-wise, and it nerfs Port, while it's an average civ.

How do you want anyone to take you seriously while writing this kind of bs?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:i think slow age is viable in only one circumstance and thats when you dont have a shipment and youre almost out of res

In which case you shouldn't age anyway.

perhaps yeah, sometimes u need 2 falcs to compete with inf mass though. Anyway regarding your opinions, i dont see a problem with a small buff to xbow and a small nerf to semi ff play, its what most people want regarding the state of the current meta
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

How do you want anyone to take you seriously while writing this kind of bs?

I'd say that Ger is the 3rd best civ, and France the 4th. Isn't that top tier?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Except they aren't
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Lol, this kind of comments reminds me of garja.

Well, France wins the following MUs (+1):
India, Aztecs, Spain, Port and Russia
And does ok in all the other MUs (+0.5)
=> +8.5

Germany wins the following MUs (+1):
China, Iro, Dutch, Russia, Port
And does ok in all the other MUs (+0.5)
=>8.5

Now if they aren't 3rd and 4th, find me 2 civs which score more than 8.5
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

First of all you (as usual) only take into account arkansas basically. You just totally forget about water, no tp, big tp lines, livestock, etc. And ger/fre just so happen to get rather fucked on water and no tp, while some civs (like india/brit/dutch) are totally fine on almost any map. And then, I just totally disagree with your opinions of the match ups.

France doesn't beat india and it's close vs ports (depends on the map). I'd say they lose to iro/sioux/brits though it's close and it depends on the map too.
Ger doesn't beat china or ports, it's close. Not sure vs dutch anymore but it's not a clear win for germany. It also loses to brits and sioux.

I'd rather be india, brits, dutch, sioux or even iro than fr/ger, so I don't rank them tier 1, but tier 2. Maybe slightly above average if at all
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Boneng had a good point even though is worth pointing out that he was sort of representing the Japanese community (or RE community in general) behind all that argument.
Bad balance ultimately killed the competitive scene so balance and game activity go in the same direction.
As for the number of changes, ye I also think it's way too big. It's not about which change is ok and which is not. The point of reference should be that if no strictly necessary there shouldn't be changes. QOL of life changes are ok if they are hidden (e.g bug fixes), but civ changes aimed at improving QOL just impact on people perception of the civ so should be adopted only if necessary.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:First of all you (as usual) only take into account arkansas basically. You just totally forget about water, no tp, big tp lines, livestock, etc. And ger/fre just so happen to get rather fucked on water and no tp, while some civs (like india/brit/dutch) are totally fine on almost any map. And then, I just totally disagree with your opinions of the match ups.

France doesn't beat india and it's close vs ports (depends on the map). I'd say they lose to iro/sioux/brits though it's close and it depends on the map too.
Ger doesn't beat china or ports, it's close. Not sure vs dutch anymore but it's not a clear win for germany. It also loses to brits and sioux.

I'd rather be india, brits, dutch, sioux or even iro than fr/ger, so I don't rank them tier 1, but tier 2. Maybe slightly above average if at all

No TP maps don't matter because if you get one you can just rehost in custom games, or just don't play fre/ger on it in tourney. No TP maps shouldn't even exist anyway.

France does beat India, and although Port can do well, France has the edge because Port can't really deal effectively with the falcs, and in late age 3 cuirs just rape cassa. Also France should outmass in middle age 3.
Iro is a tough MU but they don't really lose to brit/Sioux, it's close.

From my experience Germany beats Ports. I'm not sure about China, but on the RE with RE uhlans, Germany used to win (that would still make Germany the 5th civ ie still top tier). And they don't lose to brit for sure, and although I've never played Sioux vs Germany on the EP, I don't think that Sioux wins it easily, considering Germany used to have an easy time on the RE.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Maybe we should also look at the Age of empires 1 DE and the changes from that RE if you want to make EP with it as possible aoe3:de in mind (which i don't think you should because that's very ambitious and might very well not happen, but really i am not in the position that my opinion matters much.)

https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Ag ... ve_Edition
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

That's when I stop arguing cause you just said no tp maps shouldn't exist. I can't take you seriously. And anyway you just say some match ups go this way, I say they go that way, it's leading to nowhere
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

The EP is mainly interesting for Lt+ and for tournaments, so most of the small aoe3 playerbase will already never care to install it. And then there are those, who will only stick to the official RE version and are quite inactive, once they have reached ~Captain rank.
Imo, if most of the top players like the changes, and it leads to interesting tournament games, then change it. If it divides the small player base further, then don't. Maybe discuss the changes before the actual release. Some changes seem indeed unnecessary to me too, but i don't think that this early leak is helpful.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:First of all you (as usual) only take into account arkansas basically. You just totally forget about water, no tp, big tp lines, livestock, etc. And ger/fre just so happen to get rather fucked on water and no tp, while some civs (like india/brit/dutch) are totally fine on almost any map. And then, I just totally disagree with your opinions of the match ups.

well, the only playable map should be mirrored Arkansas with fixed crates and fixed treasures :hehe:
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

saying no tp maps shouldnā€™t exist is like saying no water maps shouldnā€™t exist
Last edited by edeholland on 17 Dec 2018, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Cometk wrote:saying no tp maps shouldnā€™t exist is like saying no water maps shouldnā€™t exist

No, because no TP maps break the balance, while water maps add viable options. Also water maps add something (the sea), while no TP maps lack something (TPs).

Likewise, maps without hunts ,maps without gold mines or maps where you can't build a rax shouldn't exist.
Last edited by edeholland on 17 Dec 2018, 20:26, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: typo
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Cometk wrote:saying no to maps shouldnā€™t exist is like saying no water maps shouldnā€™t exist

No, because no TP maps break the balance, while water maps add viable options. Also water maps add something (the sea), while no TP maps lack something (TPs).

That makes no sense. Can you explain your thought process there?
mad cuz bad
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

n0el wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Cometk wrote:saying no to maps shouldnā€™t exist is like saying no water maps shouldnā€™t exist

That makes no sense. Can you explain your thought process there?

Well, the game is unbalanced on no TP maps, do you really want me to explain that?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

But it is balanced on water?
mad cuz bad
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

n0el wrote:But it is balanced on water?

Yes?
You can beat a water boom on a std map, while you can't win an hopeless MU on no TP maps.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Well i was defender of map diversity, but i agree with rouga. Tp's does not affect all civs in similar way, actually it a must for some civs. So you must either make civs similar in terms of tp dependence-which is not possible or not fun to begin with- or choose tp's as a standart game feature. It's probably in same affect as no hunt only berries map, but no one ever tries to make a map like that, dont even mentioning nobody wants to play in it. Tp is not a niche difference, non-tp maps should be niche maps. And while non-tp maps are fun too, i dont see why should they be legit. In tourneys we see a pool of civs in non-tp maps, and a pool of civs on tp maps. If balance is made and tourneys played in tp maps, we would observe a greater possibility of MU's, since combination is higher mathematically given all civs are balanced considering tp maps. Ironically it would also increase depth in the game.