ZP: The Zoi Patch

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: ZP: The Zoi Patch

Post by spanky4ever »

need to backrool alot of makeovers imo - there is no shame of making second thoughts :P
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php ... 84#p341784
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote:It doesn't really change the amount of units you get. You can already spam basically 10/10/10 bow pike with double rax while shipping wood crates anyway. In fact it changes the follow up, as in, you'll have more wood left to add a stable, placer mines, houses, etc, and transition into regular food/gold units.

Yes, that's what I meant. And it was never a problem, was it? Xbow and pikes are weak units, at least in this meta. If they need a buff they do in their stats because they underperform.
I agree with goodspeed here, it's standardizing. Buffing stats of cheap units and nerfing cost of elite units makes them more similar.

I think we all agree. But i don't see it being any bad since there is still plenty of difference left among units.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well having a buff which mostly affects double rax spam encourages aggressive play / fast defensive play. Having a direct buff on bow/pike stats also encourages 1 rax bow/pike semi-ff, which imo is not justified. The first example coming to my mind is germany having an easier time semi ff ing with bow pikes in base if these units are buffed. 50f 30w also buffs that slightly, but not as much as extra stats would. Same goes for the 8 bows shipment, it would be even stronger if bows have better stats, thus making it even easier to just go for your semi build and ship 8 bows to hold a pressure.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Djigit wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
People aren't "promoted" solely because they are friendly with staff They are, and with rare exceptions it's always been the case. For example, some were able to join the staff because they were close to you or Ryan. It would be okay if it was acknowledged at least :roll: , but it certainly helps. Absolutely

Do you not understand how that sort of thing could be seen as a bonus? It makes sense to want to work with people who you get along with and who you know can be trusted. If you ask me it should be a requirement. I thought I made myself clear by using "too often". I mean it's common knowledge that HR not only look for a candidate with relevant skills, but also a "personality" that allows a better integration within his future team. The problem with ESOC's recruiting process is the emphasis on the latter.
I think there's less emphasis on the latter than you think. Within the staff, people are typically in the position for which they are best qualified. Developers are doing dev work, the community team has people who are good mediators and generally well-liked by the community, media team has good writers and people who are experienced with streaming/working with various media, etcetera.
And besides, emphasis on "hiring" people whom you know you can work with makes sense if that's the only thing you have to go by. ESOC doesn't have the luxury of interviewing candidates and picking the best qualified one. Anyone who wants to help and has proven to be a team player is welcome.

It's a total non issue.
For example, some were able to join the staff because they were close to you or Ryan.
Like I said (and you agreed with) it helps to have an existing relationship. Actually, one of my friends was able to join the company I work with just because he was close to me (for the record I'm not in charge of hiring). This happens all the time.
But no one joined the ESOC staff just because they are close to someone already in there. It was and is always primarily because they want to help and have something to offer. I'm sure you or anyone else would have been able to join the staff if you had proven yourself trustworthy and had shown you were willing to put in the work.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

the community team has people who are good mediators and generally well-liked by the community

I love the "generally" xD.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

moderators shouldn't be liked too much :!:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Tbh Mankle-time was the worst time in Esoc. This guy was literally flaming half of the community, extremely toxic, ignoring all of the requests outside of his friend circle and has tons of people pested on twitch. Still manages to flame/be toxic on twich chats even though is no longer even active.

After his time things have gotten way more democratic and better in my opinion
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Why do you think ESOC is better than any government.. There will always be corruption with power.
No Flag gomakchios
Crossbow

Post by gomakchios »

AraGun wrote:Why do you think ESOC is better than any government.. There will always be corruption with power.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
1appl.gif

Well said, my friend. Wise words coming from you as always.
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

somppukunkku wrote:Tbh Mankle-time was the worst time in Esoc. This guy was literally flaming half of the community, extremely toxic, ignoring all of the requests outside of his friend circle and has tons of people pested on twitch. Still manages to flame/be toxic on twich chats even though is no longer even active.

After his time things have gotten way more democratic and better in my opinion

Lol.. What did mankl even do in terms of decisions that made you feel it wasn't democratic? I have no freaking idea where this comes from haha

Maybe it gave you that impression because you dislike him?
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Also, what's going with ESOC and its spoils system? If I had supported ESOC's leaders, I'd have been at least in the Community Team by now. :smile:

I'm saying that people are too often solely promoted based on their sympathy towards the existing staff.

I don't agree, you just need to be a good person overall to be part of the staff. The recent additions to staff— Hiddy, Brook, Kao, Butifle were neutral people. I'm going to be very honest here, you did something against ESOC staff and you think staff will make you their part? I didnt have any contacts with staff when I was invited too. Except for some people, staff has invited people to be their part solely on the basis of their skills. I have seen people asked to leave too when they failed to perform.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Ashvin wrote:
I have seen people asked to leave too when they failed to perform.

#FireDivine