Post by gibson »

I would assume because it was a poorly designed map, particularly for team
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: EP 6.0.x Beta [2019-03-12]

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Why did you change Baja?

Ye I guess it's worth spending few words on that. Those changes were in the pipeline for a while, they got released now before the tourney since the map will be used.

UIx ESOC Baja California:
- resized the map for all game types (-10s rush distance in 1v1)
Map was mistakenly big, compared to the rest. The reason for that was mostly due to the rectalungar layout and because originally it seemed the right size in order to include water, cliffs, etc. Rush distance was a bit too long, especially for a map that isn't even meant to be a big map. This had implications on gameplay of course, and new size will probably have some too. Those implications are intended.

- reshaped the coast line (notably less land behind TCs)
This is mostly for team mode but I guess also for 1v1. Basically there was just too much space behind the TC. More water next to the TC makes it more of water map on one hand (always possible to sneak a dock almost behind TC), but also more of an aggressive map on the other.

- changed the starting position of player for team and FFA
Players used to spawn too close in 2v2 and 3v3. Also to adapt to the changes in size.

- tweaked forest amount/density
I actually don't know how much this will be noticeable, but basically forests will be about 2 tiles closer to TC but also less dense (to reflect the nature of the map). Middle forests will be more numerous but, again, probably none will even notice.

-1 fish shoal per side
16 per side was a bit overkill already and with smaller size they just crowded the water too much

- changed the amount of treasures to be fixed (6 tier2 in 1v1)
Mostly because with 6 treasure is less likely that one side only gets garbage ones (used to be 4-6 random).
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

nice work G, not sure about water being closer but other than that good stuff
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP 6.0.1.0 Beta3 [2019-03-16]
changelog since EP 6.0.1.0 Beta2

General
- Made preparations for special event.

ESOC Patch map changes
- Added UIx version of Himalayas Upper, removed old version.

ESOC Patch Diplomacy
- Diplomacy state changes are now announced to all players.

ESOC Patch Launcher
- Minor polish of extra player team options UI.

Credits

- @musketeer925 for advice and testing
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

do something about india they suck hard
stop beeing blind
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

ahah what?
Image Image Image
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

they suck like you
yes you understood me
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: EP 6.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Post by Goodspeed »

We're still talking to each other like this? :huh:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Aykin Haraka wrote:they suck like you
yes you understood me

ahahah
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: EP 6.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

"Garja sucks"
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Re: EP 6.0.x Beta [2018-12-19]

Post by bobabu »

edeholland wrote:
enjoy2play wrote:can we get an EP launcher with RE patch + EP maps rated + no cheat system for teamgames?
i have no idea how much a bank cost currently, its insane.

You didn't really try to find it out either. You could click on "ESOC Patch" on the side bar, click patch notes and check Dutch changes.

But for your convenience we have made it simpler. I really hope this page gets posted on official notes threads or the EP page, because more people seem to have no clue about the current patch changes.

Look here to see all changes compared to RE (small list, sorted on civ, easy to check): https://wiki.eso-community.net/ESOC_Pat ... ared_to_RE

Look here to see all changes made in one specific update: https://wiki.eso-community.net/ESOC_Patch

The xbow change is good
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Re: EP 6.0.x Beta [2019-04-15]

Post by EAGLEMUT »

UHC2

Almost a year after UHC was initially introduced with EP5, we are coming with a massive update to its core. Although UHC has already allowed us to implement many great features, such as timed events or dymanic observer maps based on difficulty, I dare say it was all peanuts compared to the abilities we are being granted with UHC2, thanks to the amazing work of @Kevsoft.

Kevsoft, one of the lead developers of Age of Empires Online – Celeste Project, has worked for months on improving the capabilities of UHC, uncovering inner parts of the game engine and introducing new ways to extend their functionality or override them. A couple weeks ago, he had contacted me and offered help with implementing specific changes important for the AoE3 community. Today, you will all be able to peak into the first improvements we are introducing on ESOC Patch as a result of this collaboration.

EP 6.0.2.0 Beta1 [2019-04-15]
changelog since EP 6.0.1.0

General
- The team selection in multiplayer lobbies (ESO/LAN) is now sorted logically, and teams 3 & 4 are properly synchronized between all players in the game room when selected.
- Default state of the Free-for-all option in multiplayer lobbies (ESO/LAN) now persists for the host throughout a single game session (until the game is closed)

Observer Mode
- The incredible Aizamk's Spectator UI is now bundled with the ESOC Patch installation in all its available resolutions, and automatically activated for players who are spectating a match, according to their current game resolution. If the spectator's game resolution isn't supported, no version of the spectator UI will be activated. The Japanese branch of Aizamk's Spectator UI is also supported in all its resolutions, but requires manually creating file "isjapaneseversion.txt" in the root game folder in order to activate it in place of the English one. The Spectator UI will be automatically activated in live matches as well as while playing back recorded games on a UI-enabled map (working retroactively on all post-UI 2.2 maps).
- The requirement of using "minimized UI" game option while observing is lifted, though you will currently experience some visual glitches without the option enabled.
- The "Sandbox" difficulty setting no longer acts as an Observer Mode activation on UIx maps, and will not influence the map spawn. Instead, we are introducing a separate checkbox option "Observer Mode" to act in its place, available only in multiplayer lobbies (ESO/LAN). The new option is properly synchronized between players in a game room, and its default state will persist for the host throughout a single game session (until the game is closed).
- Whenever a "team observer mode" game room is joined by a player, default teams as appropriate for the Observer Mode logic will be preselected for all players. For these purposes, a "team observer mode" game room is defined as a room with 4 or more players, FFA disabled, and Observer Mode enabled. With 4 to 6 players, 2v2 tvb is assumed. With 7 to 8 players, 3v3 tvb is assumed. Observers are placed on team 3.

ESOC UHC Plugin
- Foreign plugins in the game folder are now allowed and no longer detected by anti-cheat. ESOC Patch executables will now only load the ESOC UHC Plugin itself, as defined by a new UHC configuration option.

ESOC Map Pack installer
- Reflected changes to Observer Mode; compatible maps generated for use outside of ESOC Patch environment should remain functioning same as before.

Additional notes

- All listed changes are also in effect on the ESOC Treaty Patch.
- The bundled version of Aizamk's Spectator UI is functionally equivalent to the initial UI 2.2 release, as of now.
- If you currently have Aizamk's Spectator UI manually installed, you will still need to uninstall it in order to get on the regular game UI. Unless you are intending to observe games not played on the environment of ESOC patches, you should not need to install it again.
- Game resolution for Aizamk's Spectator UI is decided upon match start, and will not react to further resolution changes applied during the course of a match. The game resolutions supported by Aizamk's Spectator UI are:
  • 1920 x 1080
  • 1680 x 1050
  • 1600 x 900
  • 1366 x 768
  • 1280 x 800
  • 1280 x 768
  • 1280 x 720

Credits

- @Aizamk for providing his wondrous Spectator UI
- @Kevsoft for all his work on UHC2 and help with implementing all the initial changes
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Observer Mode
- The incredible Aizamk's Spectator UI is now bundled with the ESOC Patch installation in all its available resolutions, and [b]automatically activated for players who are spectating a match, according to their current game resolution

what a god. ty, awesome.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Many props to all the people involved in making EP so good, Eaglemut, Aizamk, Kevsoft and all the others, more and more people are playing on it i feel! When will the update be live?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Scroogie wrote:Many props to all the people involved in making EP so good, Eaglemut, Aizamk, Kevsoft and all the others, more and more people are playing on it i feel! When will the update be live?

Testing the beta and ensuring you have no problems there would help it be released sooner, I imagine. :flowers:
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

I would love to, but i checked yesterday and it didnt auto-download i think, since none of the new features where there, how do i activate the beta? Sorry if this is a noob question.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Scroogie wrote:I would love to, but i checked yesterday and it didnt auto-download i think, since none of the new features where there, how do i activate the beta? Sorry if this is a noob question.

Check out this thread

https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=276018
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Re: EP 6.0.x Beta [2019-04-21]

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP 6.0.2.0 Beta2 [2019-04-21]
changelog since EP 6.0.2.0 Beta1

ESO game browser
- Added a new filter option to the Filter dialog; "Show games hosted on a different patch". With this option disabled, you will only see games hosted on the same patch as you're on and able to actually join. The option persists only until you leave ESO; the initial state always remains to show games hosted on any TAD-based patch.
- Added a new checkbox option above the game list; "Auto-pest inviters". With this option enabled, anyone who invites you to a custom game will become immediately pested. This option persists throughout a single game session (until the game is closed), disabled by default. The option is meant to alleviate the "invite spam" glitch, possibly making the glitch harder to execute or grant some additional time before it goes through. Absolutely no results guaranteed, previous attempts at this approach had mixed results at best. Note that the pest list has a limited size, which currently remains up to the player to manage.

ESOC Patch map changes
- UIx New England: mine spawn improvements, enlarged lakes.

ESOC Patch & ESOC Treaty Patch bug fixes
- Fixed a bug causing the Sioux Warchief building animation to sometimes not activate.

Observer Mode
- The "minimized UI" game option will now become automatically enabled while observing. Upon leaving the match, this option will be returned to its original state in the case it's been force-switched. This should allow for seamless observing even to users who prefer maximized UI during regular gameplay.

Credits

- @Garja for changes to UIx New England
- @mandosrex for supplying the fix for Sioux Warchief building animation
- @Kevsoft for all his work on UHC2 and help with implementing all the related changes
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

EAGLEMUT wrote:- Added a new checkbox option above the game list; "Auto-pest inviters". With this option enabled, anyone who invites you to a custom game will become immediately pested. This option persists throughout a single game session (until the game is closed), disabled by default. The option is meant to alleviate the "invite spam" glitch, possibly making the glitch harder to execute or grant some additional time before it goes through. Absolutely no results guaranteed, previous attempts at this approach had mixed results at best. Note that the pest list has a limited size, which currently remains up to the player to manage.

To clarify, does the person get pested after 1 invite or is it say a 5 times in super quick succession kinda thing?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

WickedCossack wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:- Added a new checkbox option above the game list; "Auto-pest inviters". With this option enabled, anyone who invites you to a custom game will become immediately pested. This option persists throughout a single game session (until the game is closed), disabled by default. The option is meant to alleviate the "invite spam" glitch, possibly making the glitch harder to execute or grant some additional time before it goes through. Absolutely no results guaranteed, previous attempts at this approach had mixed results at best. Note that the pest list has a limited size, which currently remains up to the player to manage.

To clarify, does the person get pested after 1 invite or is it say a 5 times in super quick succession kinda thing?

Currently 1, any delay would make the pest even less likely to have any effect.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Does the ui thing mean I can install obs ui and play normally without needing to uninstall it?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Does the ui thing mean I can install obs ui and play normally without needing to uninstall it?

No, it means you can uninstall obs ui and play/cast normally without needing to install it ;)
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Re: EP 6.0.x Beta [2019-04-29]

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP 6.0.2.0 Beta3 [2019-04-29]
changelog since EP 6.0.2.0 Beta2

ESOC Patch general changes
- Replaced the "Play Fast" button in record game UI with a dropdown allowing for a more precise selection of the playback speed factor - effectively allowing for faster playback than which was possible before. Value "1" is equivalent to the default speed, while value "2" is equivalent to the previously available "Play Fast" button. Note that playback speed remains highly influenced by the particular recorded game and by computer processing power. Aizamk's Spectator UI has so far not been updated to include this feature.

- Fixed a bug allowing for "knocked out" units (such as downed explorers) to wake up on command at any point by using a hotkey to change their tactics/squadmode.
- The master game sound level will no longer reset to maximum level whenever the game window regains focus.
- Experimental: alt-tabbing out and into the game might now fix the disappearing sound bug. Totally untested, more than likely to not work.

Credits

- @Kevsoft for all his work on UHC2 and help with implementing all the changes
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Re: EP 6.0.x Beta [2019-05-26]

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Beta target version promoted to 6.1, as it now includes changes incompatible with 6.0 recs and will have its own dataset.

EP 6.1.0.0 Beta1 [2019-05-26]
changelog since EP 6.0.2.0 Beta3

- Fixed a bug that could cause a building foundation to be built at a much slower speed than intended when the main builder unit's action was suspended in an irregular way (garrison).

Observer Mode
- The amount of experience received for deleted units/buildings is no longer affected by the number of observers in a match. Players will now always receive the full bounty award as if there were only two opposing teams.

Diplomacy / Locked Teams
- Retired previous diplomacy implementation logic in favor of a more native one through uhc2. Diplomacy will no longer be automatically activated in FFA games and custom triggers used to activate Diplomacy in scenarios should no longer be used, although they remain functional for the time being; to preserve compatibility.
- Diplomacy can now be toggled using the "Locked Teams" option in ESO/LAN multiplayer game rooms, as is common in other Age games. Since AI players are not currently able to utilize this feature intelligently, it is not available in singleplayer Skirmish.
- The "OK" and "Cancel" buttons have been brought back onto the Diplomacy UI window and now function as expected. Changes will not take effect until confirmed by the "OK" button.
- Diplomatic stance change notifications have been reimplemented natively, instead of using inefficient triggers. This should solve any performance concerns.
- The Diplomacy feature is now also included in the ESOC Treaty Patch.

ESOC Patch Launcher
- The UHC library file is now versioned for the purposes of record game compatibility; this release will introduce a separate version with breaking changes for the first time. The Recorded Games Recognition tool should allow for seamless playback of older recorded game files, even if those matches feature bugs fixed directly through UHC, such as "slow build" mentioned earlier.

ESOC Map Pack installer
- Fixed an issue that would cause an unwanted folder name to be appended to the destination path whenever a non-default path was selected (fix already released live).

ESOC Patch installer
- Fixed an issue that would cause an unwanted folder name to be appended to the destination path whenever a non-default path was selected.
- The installer will now verify whether the destination path contains a TAD executable (age3y.exe), rather than a vanilla executable (age3.exe), in order to proceed with the installation.

Credits

- @Kevsoft for all his work on UHC2 and help with implementing all the related changes
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Re: EP 6.1.x Beta [2019-05-26]

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Expecting to soon promote 6.1 beta onto stable without further changes; in time for the weekend tournament.

If you've encountered any issues with these upcoming changes either on Beta or Smackdown channel and haven't reported them yet, be sure to voice them out!