I think TP's needs to be nerfed

Turkey iamturk
Pro Player
EWT
ESO: iamturk

I think TP's needs to be nerfed

Post by iamturk »

Was thinking about that for a while but decided to make a thread about that. Some matchups are already really really hard enough and with the Stagecoach the MU's being impossible. Actually MU doesnt matter if someone get tp line somehow is gonna win no matter what. (Talking about high level games) Imo tp's need to be 250w again (thats gonna force people to play more age 2 which is good imo) or if u think it would hurt semi ff civs so much we can change stagecoach cost too.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: I think TP's needs to be nerfed

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I don't know. On the other hand, it means that you have to fight for map control, which is good.
It's very hard for Japan and Dutch of course because they are defensive civs, but else it's okay.
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

I prefer this than exiled prince nerf. And this help for 5 tps map,when the MU decide who get tps, and then it s like over...
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

really bad idea ;) would put the EP even further away from the original game. And that should be argument good enough
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think people underestimate how hard it actually is to get a stagecoach for most civs. It's super easy for the opponent to scout (either by spotting the tp line turned into stagecoach or by seeing the TP count on the top right) and it's still quite expensive. There's usually quite a big window for your opponent to push you if you do that. The problem is that most people just do their build without trying to adapt, typical example being dutch sitting in base and going for bot 5 banks ff into skirm/ruyt instead of cutting eco to push the tp line either in colo or in early fortress. Even just stealing TPs is a way to hurt the opponent. Then of course it depends on the TP line, but on most maps you don't have a TP line with a ton of TPs and far from your base (that's the case only on high plains and klondike basically).

That being said, I also think TPs should be slightly nerfed, but not because of stagecoach. Rather because right now you "have to" take a TP with some civs, typically fr/ger/port/spain/etc just always take a TP when they can. I feel like taking a TP should be a possibility, but deciding to cut the TP to be more aggressive also should, and right now that's not the case.

Going 250w TPs would be awkward though, because it would make it basically impossible for any civ besides otto to go for an age 1 TP on wood starts. That kills variety, not only for semi-ff civs, but also for civs like china/brits/india who can sometimes decide to go for an age 1 TP. And on nilla people often ignored the TPs because they cost 250w, even on great plains which has the safest TP ever. We don't want that to happen.
I'd like to see the xp income nerfed instead, by 20% for example. It would make the age 1 TP a bit slower since you get your vil shipment later, and it would just nerf TPs overall, without disrupting build orders.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I personally really dislike the idea of going back to 250w. They were so irrelevant back then, and I think overall TPs being cheaper is a good thing for the game because they force players to interact. I think most civs have good options for dealing with TPs and stagecoach, with the exceptions being maybe Japan and Dutch, although I'm pretty sure that Dutch actually have some solid builds for dealing with it themselves as well, and Japan has been overdue for some early game buffs for a long time, especially since their mid and lategame keeps getting scaled down.

It might be reasonable to nerf something about them, but the cost should remain the same, IMO. This may even allow us to revert some awkward nerfs to some of the civs that rely heavily on TPs such as Otto and German. Perhaps reducing the speed of the travois by 0.1 or 0.2 -- not sure how much this affects the income.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I agree that 250w TP is an ugly change, but everybody would still take a TP lol. People didn't take TPs on nilla because they weren't aware of how good they were. Actually, even on TAD, people used to skip the TP as France lol.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

When you add the less efficiency of RE maps and the extra 50w, taking TPs has less priority.
Anway, 200w is necessary to make it a viable investment. If anything should nerf the xp/sec but I don't think it's necessary. TPs don't just buff age3 but also age2 of those civs that rely on spamming crates to compete with better civs (e.g. Fre vs Brits).
Image Image Image
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

What about lowering the resource yield on stagecoach? It nerfs TP booms, but doesn't affect civs that really need an early TP for xp. It's not like France and Spain are even that OP, so I think a stronger nerf to TPs might require individual buffs to these civs to compensate.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

:hmm:

a more expensive but also more effective stage coach?

Also feel like Iron Horse (train) could be buffed
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I don't really think Iron Horse needs a buff, nor should Stagecoach be more expensive and also stronger, I think. That just makes it different depending on the situation, not necessarily better or worse. If anything, being more extreme would make it harder to balance.

In general though, I still think that overall TPs are not a huge balance issue right now.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The main balance issue right now, aside from some joke design (caugh caugh sioux), is that maps have redundant resources.
Image Image Image
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Could make the stage Coach cost the same as how good the in come is from it. Like some you get 94rss per tp and some only 56rss.
Depending on this the stage Coach with better tps could be more expensive.

Overall I think TPs are fine and people should "lame" more Explorers who need a Tp like France or Germany. Just get a good treasur (thoma or nootka)
shit juice :hmm:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

QueenOfdestiny wrote:Overall I think TPs are fine and people should "lame" more Explorers who need a Tp like France or Germany. Just get a good treasur (thoma or nootka)

Thanks for you advice!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Or just not make maps with a million tps its just moronic
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Also this game is balanced around tp maps which obviously isnt ideal
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:Also this game is balanced around tp maps which obviously isnt ideal

It is, because else TP civs would be op on tp maps lol.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

What I find strange is ppl willingness to change ^everything^ - and when zoom change ^a lot^ - he gets flamed hard for it in a thread that just go on and on. Its really strange :huh:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Also this game is balanced around tp maps which obviously isnt ideal

It is, because else TP civs would be op on tp maps lol.

Ok
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

QueenOfdestiny wrote:Could make the stage Coach cost the same as how good the in come is from it. Like some you get 94rss per tp and some only 56rss.
Depending on this the stage Coach with better tps could be more expensive.
The thing is that all trade posts generate around the same amount of resources per second, regardless of how much one pass gives you. This is around 1.2 for unupgraded lines, 2.0 for stage coach lines and 2.4 for iron horse lines. So a post that gives 94 resources isn't actually (that much) better than one that gives 56 resources.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iwillspankyou wrote:What I find strange is ppl willingness to change ^everything^ - and when zoom change ^a lot^ - he gets flamed hard for it in a thread that just go on and on. Its really strange :huh:

Well, everybody wants to change something, but since all changes are super controversial, I think that it's better to keep the EP as it is.
Here some people want TPs to cost 250w, some want to nerf the exp income, some want to balance the game on no TP maps, what can you do lol?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

iwillspankyou wrote:What I find strange is ppl willingness to change ^everything^ - and when zoom change ^a lot^ - he gets flamed hard for it in a thread that just go on and on. Its really strange :huh:
Everyone has their own opinion, and it's the only correct one, and the patch changes never reflect their exact opinion. Queue complaints.
The lack of tolerance for other people's points of view in this community is really baffling sometimes.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Goodspeed wrote:
Everyone has their own opinion, and it's the only correct one, and the patch changes never reflect their exact opinion. Queue complaints.
The lack of tolerance for other people's points of view in this community is really baffling sometimes.

Yea, one random guy imposes all the changes and we can't criticize that because else we're being intolerant lol.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

The problem is the lack of effort to understand other people's perspectives.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Yeah tbf it would be nice if someone who played the game was behind making changes for once