Post by Garja »

At scouting yes, at sieging no.
Image Image Image
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Re: Buff spies?

Post by t3rror1sta »

Kynesie wrote:I think we should have a card that allows monitor to navigate on the earth

Or a card that combine advanced baloon with fragate
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Expect many marginalized core game features to be buffed with EP7. In the mean time, a balance update is overdue by three quarters of a year.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

you can scout the map and put them in stealth, sure, but they cost coin and above all constantly take 2 pop at the very least
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

In all seriousness what really needs to happen is the hot air balloon should be able to drop bombs and be like a flying monitor.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Rikikipu wrote:I'd say spy original goal is :
- Killing mercs/explorers
- spying/scouting the map

They are definitely ok for the point 1, they already do insane damages to mercs/explorers.
However, they are not great for scouting.
I'd say mostly because you don't want to be spotted when you scout, hence the stealth mode ability, but on the other hand stealth mode makes your unit move too slowly for scouting properly.
I'd try to make stealth mode ability lowering speed by 15% (instead of 50%) and eventually a cost and attack decrease to see how it goes for spies

Yup really like this idea.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I don't really think decreasing the stealth mode penalty is a great idea. I would rather just increase spy speed a bit more to compensate.

Unless you mean to only decrease it for spies, in which case I don't really care. :P
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mitoe wrote:I don't really think decreasing the stealth mode penalty is a great idea. I would rather just increase spy speed a bit more to compensate.

Unless you mean to only decrease it for spies, in which case I don't really care. :P

Yeah I was thinking for spies only; since stealth is supposed to be kind of their specialty.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

ovi12 wrote:
Mitoe wrote:I don't really think decreasing the stealth mode penalty is a great idea. I would rather just increase spy speed a bit more to compensate.

Yeah I was thinking for spies only; since stealth is supposed to be kind of their specialty.
I think spies having stealth is a misplaced mechanic because there is generally just one unit that can spot spies and that's the unit they are supposed to be good against (the explorer).
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

edeholland wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

I think spies having stealth is a misplaced mechanic because there is generally just one unit that can spot spies and that's the unit they are supposed to be good against (the explorer).

Yeah that seems kind of weird, but I think we should leave it; no need to nerf spies even more.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Only spies an ninjas should see spies. This way an explorer jammed into a ball of shooting units and some mercs will not prevent spies from sneaking in and doing damage
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Imperial Noob wrote:Only spies an ninjas should see spies. This way an explorer jammed into a ball of shooting units and some mercs will not prevent spies from sneaking in and doing damage

Then how would civs without spies ever see them or counter them?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

l2p kids

Tip of the Day — Detective Monk
pecelot wrote:The summary with all units and buildings with a „Sees stealth tag":
Spies, Ninjas, Envoys, Explorers/War Chiefs/Heroes, Native Scout, Shinobis; Town Centers, Agra Forts, European Forts.

edeholland wrote:I think spies having stealth is a misplaced mechanic because there is generally just one unit that can spot spies and that's the unit they are supposed to be good against (the explorer).

Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

That's what I mean, generally just one unit.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

dansil92 wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:Only spies an ninjas should see spies. This way an explorer jammed into a ball of shooting units and some mercs will not prevent spies from sneaking in and doing damage

Then how would civs without spies ever see them or counter them?

Warchiefs would still be hard to kill. One would need many spies and that costs a lot. Besides, natives have no mercenaries. As for Asians, Japansese can build shinobis from their consulate or teleport the monks, Indians have British consulate spies and are not soo much reliant on their explorers anyway, and Chinese monk, just like Warchiefs, would be hard to kill anyway. If the enemy kills your monk with 3x125 :coin: spies, you can always buy him back for... 375 :coin: !
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Post by t3rror1sta »

ovi12 wrote:In all seriousness what really needs to happen is the hot air balloon should be able to drop bombs and be like a flying monitor.

Balloon gona be like ship. Put a granadier in it, and they become a single unit dropping bombs.
And only artilarys can hit it, cause of the altitude

gg
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

ovi12 wrote:In all seriousness what really needs to happen is the hot air balloon should be able to drop bombs and be like a flying monitor.

The divine bovine has made His demands, Esoc must comply
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

rsy wrote:

?
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

ovi12 wrote:
rsy wrote:

?

Was just kidding my dude
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

rsy wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

?

Was just kidding my dude

Yeah lol but I forgot if ovi means a bovine in another language? I'm curious cause it seems like I've seen this before but for the life of me I can't remember where.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

ovi12 wrote:
rsy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Was just kidding my dude

Yeah lol but I forgot if ovi means a bovine in another language? I'm curious cause it seems like I've seen this before but for the life of me I can't remember where.

Just an esoc joke as far as I remember. I think it was zoom who started it

Edit: yep it was zoom
https://eso-community.net/search.php?ke ... mit=Search
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

edeholland wrote:That's what I mean, generally just one unit.

I thibk the sucky part is that they unstealth to attack. Now if they didnt,would be cooler. Though they kinda would be like dark templars in sc2, but because they move slowly in stealth, its ok i think.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

I reemember 2 or 3 yrs ago a scenario where the players had stealthed moving towers, cant find it sadly...
Error 404: Signature not found