Patch wall connectors

Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Re: Patch wall connectors

Post by Dsy »

And i dont mind if you want to keep cheap walls. I strongly disagree with it, but thats my opinion.
However this discussion isnt about balance issues, its about a game bug which abused a lot.

Thats why im saying "i dont care which price you wanna set" just the long one should cost 4 times more.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Thrar wrote:Alternatively, what if the cost for pillars were set to 0? It would still be beneficial to delete them, but the difference isn't as big since only build time is affected.

Would it be possible to prevent pillar-only walls in some way so people can't just plop down a whole bunch of free pillars in that case? Or only reduce pillar cost to 0 if a straight segment is attached to it?

Set to 0 is not a good idea. Its abusable. Thats why i mention the not abusable price reduction instead.
And i dont know if its possible.
However currently we have a very easy tool just set the prices according how long they. Simple and works just fine. :)
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

It's just a fucking noob style.
but does not need to be removed.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

favors some civs like japan, because it has all resources within the base, forging a long game, thus giving an advantage, something needs to be done just related to these civs
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

it’s not a bug. if you want to, you can just select each pillar individually and delete them. the find all of selected unit type hotkey is operating no differently for wall pillars than it is for any other unit.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Dsy wrote:And i dont mind if you want to keep cheap walls. I strongly disagree with it, but thats my opinion.
However this discussion isnt about balance issues, its about a game bug which abused a lot.

Thats why im saying "i dont care which price you wanna set" just the long one should cost 4 times more.

As long as a bug isn't abusable and doesn't affect the balance, it isn't an issue.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

look wrote:favors some civs like japan, because it has all resources within the base, forging a long game, thus giving an advantage, something needs to be done just related to these civs

Well, walls in general got nerfed.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Dsy wrote:And i dont mind if you want to keep cheap walls. I strongly disagree with it, but thats my opinion.

As long as a bug isn't abusable and doesn't affect the balance, it isn't an issue.

It is. New players wont like if they need to learn how to abuse bug to be competitive.
Its effecting balance since it gives a lot of resources back. However its not a balance issue since costs can be set on any values.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Dsy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

It is. New players wont like if they need to learn how to abuse bug to be competitive.
Its effecting balance since it gives a lot of resources back. However its not a balance issue since costs can be set on any values.

They don't need to learn how to abuse that to be competitive. First of all, it is possible to play competitively without making walls (actually most top players don't make walls). Furthermore, even at top level, 50w 5 minutes into the game isn't going to decide a game, let it alone at pr30-.
Anyway, you have many things to learn if you want to become a top player and if you don't like to learn small tricks such as herding, using control groups, creeping, or making a wall you're not going to improve.

Again, the difference between this and the pull trick is that the pull trick breaks the game by making your units faster, while this just makes the wall cheaper, which makes sense as they got nerfed.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I dont want to be top level player.
I just wanna make the game better. Fixing bugs/exploits the part of it.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Increase walls building time pls
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

Kaiserklein wrote:Increase walls building time pls

this is really a good idea.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

I am a player that I prefer faster games and action,
if you close yourself with a wall bug, it becomes a big advantage,
coming back to the Japanese, you will need cannons, and then they will do yabusame,
hey will hold quietly at the base, until they leave for free victory
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

hotkey for select all pillars by default?how can do it?
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Mosx wrote:hotkey for select all pillars by default?how can do it?

Select any pillar, then use "Find All Of Selected Type". Default is CTRL+SHIFT+A.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Brazil look
Howdah

Post by look »

= + del + ok
my hotkeys for wall
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Pakistan Chief_fys
Crossbow
ESO: CHIEF_FYS

Post by Chief_fys »

if it's not broken dont fix, and walls imo add a layer of strategy, otherwise the game has already been stripped off many layers of strategy .
subdue the enemy without fighting... Give him tribute. :food: :wood: :coin: :grin:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Mitoe wrote:It is a skill though. And your change does complicate things, to an extent. You would want to delete small walls and replace them with pillars because it is cheaper that way.

Why does it feel like everyone just wants to make the game simpler. “Standard” maps only, remove pull trick, simplify walling, etc.

I said the exact same thing in the hub yesterday and therefore I completely agree with you. It looks like people are not changing themselves/their skills for the game but tryna change the game around their comfort zone.
Tunisia iLolicon
Musketeer
ESO: iLolicon

Post by iLolicon »

Ashvin wrote:
Mitoe wrote:It is a skill though. And your change does complicate things, to an extent. You would want to delete small walls and replace them with pillars because it is cheaper that way.

Why does it feel like everyone just wants to make the game simpler. “Standard” maps only, remove pull trick, simplify walling, etc.

I said the exact same thing in the hub yesterday and therefore I completely agree with you. It looks like people are not changing themselves/their skills for the game but tryna change the game around their comfort zone.

By that logic Alt + d is also a skill. Firepit exploit was also a skill.

If you want to have ridiculously cheap walls then whatever, but do not pretend like you are a more skilled player just because you know how to abuse a bug.
=
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iLolicon wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

If you want to have ridiculously cheap walls then whatever, but do not pretend like you are a more skilled player just because you know how to abuse a bug.

"ridiculously cheap walls"
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Its not only ridiculously cheap but also buggy which causes it more cheaper.
And the comfort zone is not on our side, since we arent defending a bug exploit actually. Its actually You who dont want to adapt to a bugfree game.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

What makes you think it is a bug ? Microsoft coded the game so that every wall cost the same price, regardless of their length.

Furthermore in my opinion, a bug in itself isn't an issue, if there is an issue it is its consequence. Are cheaper walls an issue? No, walls got nerfed because of the wall connector mechanic.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

iLolicon wrote:
Ashvin wrote:

I didn't say anywhere that I am a high skilled player lol, I'm just stating what players demand from the patch in the recent times.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Since they didnt thought people will delet the connectors. They wouldnt add a unit to a game just for delete it every time. I think its pretty obvious.
Bugs are bigger issues than anything else. And i didnt say anything about pricing.
I dont like walls and i think they are much cheaper than it should be. However its my personal opinion and i can accept if people disagree.
But everyone knows its a bug, even if there is some skill to use it.
And if you want to see AOE3 to improve i dont think its a good idea to defending bugs.
There were hundreds of bugfixes in EP. It should be on the list.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

There is no bug here... Walls are supposed to be buildable and deletable, obviously. If you're skilled enough to place safe walls without the need of pillars, good for you.
One could argue the cost of individual wall segments is a balance issue, I don't know about that. However, I will also note that there are not just two types of segments, as some posts in this thread seem to suggest; you can see from the images posted here that there are in fact several more types with various lengths.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player