No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Patch wall connectors

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
gibson wrote:youre wrong and an idiot

Then you're wronger.

come on line and play me. I'll sub for gibshon in this grudgematch!

OK because I've reached "II. Love Poems" in Roethke's collection and I dislike love poems.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

come on line and play me. I'll sub for gibshon in this grudgematch!

OK because I've reached "II. Love Poems" in Roethke's collection and I dislike love poems.

whereyouat!
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Hmm. How about just removing wall connectors entirely and utilize it only as an art file?

Let me try to better explain what I would propose, though I haven't tested it. You just remove the wall connectors from villagers "build tree". However you could still utilize wall connectors as an art file and attach that art skin to the wall segments.

In theory it would give you pillared walls without any cost or need to delete anything. It may also keep adjoining sections of walls from being damaged so long as the walls aren't built directly on top of one another or intersecting. This would all need testing of course.

Would certainly make the game more polished looking compared to the current meta.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

iCourt wrote:Hmm. How about just removing wall connectors entirely and utilize it only as an art file?

Let me try to better explain what I would propose, though I haven't tested it. You just remove the wall connectors from villagers "build tree". However you could still utilize wall connectors as an art file and attach that art skin to the wall segments.

In theory it would give you pillared walls without any cost or need to delete anything. It may also keep adjoining sections of walls from being damaged so long as the walls aren't built directly on top of one another or intersecting. This would all need testing of course.

Would certainly make the game more polished looking compared to the current meta.

What about placing pillars to stop construction?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

iCourt wrote:Hmm. How about just removing wall connectors entirely and utilize it only as an art file?

I like the idea, but then again, building perfect walls should be rewarded. If you keep the pillars and spend 5 wood for each of them, that's your own loss.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Riotcoke wrote:

What about placing pillars to stop construction?

You could do it that way too. Just have wall connectors be start and end points, that would be similar to AOE2. You'd just need fix how siege damage works so attacking a pillar doesn't cause 2 adjoining walls to also be damaged.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

If it works its good. I just made this topic to mention the easiest way to fix this bug. To show its easy and the game would benefit so much.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

It's not a bug, it's just dumb looking, and doesn't really add much depth to the game. Removing the ability to do so I don't think would change the overall play styles in my opinion.

I'm honestly fine if it's changed or not changed, just had some thoughts on how something could be implemented without hampering meta significantly is all.