Spectator UI enhancements on EP

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Spectator UI enhancements on EP

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Greetings, in light of the recent technology advancements and the Aizamk's Spectator UI becoming bundled with EP, I would like to present the possibility of including some further out-of-the-box enhancements for the spectator UI usage on EP. The extent of these enhancements would be such that no actual changes are made to the existing visuals or functionality (I'd rather leave that to the official development team), but rather something extra on top of what we have now. The existing EP Beta already includes a couple such features; temporarily minimized UI, fixed XP splitting between casters, or automatic team observer mode setup. What other enhancements would you like to see, in line of those?

Some other ideas I can think of:
  • temporarily increase maximum zoom level (desirable? probably shouldn't be too far)
  • temporarily set scroll speed to minimum (or some low value? is this always desirable?)
  • default state of the UI could potentially be affected a bit (recalc eco pop, or is it overrated? shipments sent tab on the right?)
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Spectator UI enhancements on EP

Post by harcha »

I would like if it was possible to use friend/foe colors or an alternative way to make it possible for observer to see teams in fixed colors. Just so we could avoid situations where casted games have blue vs light blue armies or w/e.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

harcha wrote:I would like if it was possible to use friend/foe colors or an alternative way to make it possible for observer to see teams in fixed colors. Just so we could avoid situations where casted games have blue vs light blue armies or w/e.
#cometstream
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

If it's possible to display "optimal" villager count that would be very interesting. What do i mean? What is the ideal villager amount you could have (including shipments, manors, age-ups, continuous training). Then you compare that with vills, vills lost to see how many were lost due to not training them.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

harcha wrote:I would like if it was possible to use friend/foe colors or an alternative way to make it possible for observer to see teams in fixed colors. Just so we could avoid situations where casted games have blue vs light blue armies or w/e.
use the very well known and documented console command resetcolors(). or something like that
oranges.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

Scroogie wrote:If it's possible to display "optimal" villager count that would be very interesting. What do i mean? What is the ideal villager amount you could have (including shipments, manors, age-ups, continuous training). Then you compare that with vills, vills lost to see how many were lost due to not training them.
Alternatively I think it would be interesting at set intervals (say 5 min, 8 min, 10 min, etc.) to flash what a "normal" amount of villagers at that time would be. Could be the number of vills with a standard BO but understand this could vary a lot with some civs (i.e. british)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Too many meaningless maths, not enough high level casting opinions and insights.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

n0el wrote:Can't find the UI suggestions thread, but it would be really cool to add a visualization of idle vils in the eco bar. AoE2 did this on their new UI, idle vils show in a hatch pattern in the bar
mad cuz bad
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Also, i think unlimited zoom is also a good addition.
mad cuz bad
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Aizamk wrote:
use the very well known and documented console command resetcolors(). or something like that
I am a bit sorry that I can't test it rather than asking since I don't play anymore but does that also gives players different colors when you are obsing with friend/foe colors enabled? (because, without it at least, both player appear red, so you need to turn off this options, which can be a bit anoying for people like me who like to have it on when playing).
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Is this a known issue? UI showing native TP instead of traderoute TP
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yes
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

I don't remember if there was in the current interface but to show both native and commercial tp and in case of development of the commercial route to show on what resources the tp are set
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

In my opinion you have to put as in a rec game a key that allows you to see what the player has explored and what is not yet, therefore the unexplored black part
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets