45%
No, other reason (comment below)
20%

Total votes: 56

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Fixed crates for Germany

Post by deleted_user »

Since Germany has by far one of the fastest and best semi ff in the game, and in fact it's not really possible to prevent germany from aging, most civs struggle against them. While they are pretty much of a top civ, considering when they get 200 wood start they become more of an imbalanced civ. I lately see people discuss about how strong germany is and I think denying germany from 200w start would be a good way to balance the civ because they just become quite strong with it. What do you think?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: Fixed crates for Germany

Post by Riotcoke »

Yes let's fix crate spawns for one civ but keep all the rest random

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Riotcoke wrote:Yes let's fix crate spawns for one civ but keep all the rest random
That's exactly what happened to EP Iro?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Djigit wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Yes let's fix crate spawns for one civ but keep all the rest random

Yes and look how underplayed they are now

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Djigit wrote:

can you compare re iro to ep germany ? xD
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It would be great but it's not going to happen because the germany loby is too strong here.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Sargsyan wrote:
Djigit wrote:

That's not the point. His remark was about the crates distribution, not that Iro is underplayed (which it is not right now) nor the fact RE Iro > EP Ger
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Sargsyan wrote:
Djigit wrote:

To be honest, I think that Germany on a 200w start is not that far from RE Iro. They're not as good of course, but the difference is not that big.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I feel like half the comments here are talking about fixed crates, while the other half is talking about fixed crates.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Again this is a lazy and bad fix to the problem. Fixing the crates of one civ just creates more imbalances.
And it's the early TPs that need a nerf, not only for germany. Go play vs iro with early TP on ep and tell me it's not op. Most likely stronger than ger with early tp actually. Oh and also I'll keep building a TP as ger on any 300f + 100w start if I get a small wood treasure... As I said like 10 times, 300f 100w + 40-50w treasure is often better than 200f 200w.

Djigit wrote:

Exactly not? Iro has random crates. Their crates got nerfed but they're random. Only china has fixed crates currently.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

While it would undeniably help balance, unless there's overwhelming consensus among players, this is unlikely to happen—just like fixed crates for all civilizations (which, for the record I'm personally in favor of). Fixing Chinese crates is certainly more feasible, to me.

Still, I am aware of recent trends in balance opinion, among the player-base, and will be posting another balance poll after the LAN event. There are options for a Germans nerf, should it be desirable, even with The Exiled Prince on 50s.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It would be great but it's not going to happen because the germany loby is too strong here.

Sad but true at the same time and that's exactly why water play got nerfed again and again like 3 times while they never talked about germany at all because germany lobby is quiet strong to implement their changes. Also they are determined to not let their civ to be nerfed.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Also you guys forget that 200w is a problem only on some maps. For one thing, removing 200w would be dumb for no tp maps. For another, some tp maps have a great early tp while some others don't. For example on mendocino, if you go tp, you're gonna age late because the first xp is so crap, and meanwhile you're probably missing on an 80f treasure or something. Same on manchuria with the small tp lines spawn, you might just miss a big wood treasure, a couple of yaks, just to get a 35 xp pass.
On the other hand, early tp is quite op on maps like high plains, fertile, arizona, iowa, etc.

So maybe just having maps that don't have broken early tps would be a good fix, though I guess that's not gonna happen.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

deleted_user wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:It would be great but it's not going to happen because the germany loby is too strong here.

Sad but true at the same time and that's exactly why water play got nerfed again and again like 3 times while they never talked about germany at all because germany lobby is quiet strong to implement their changes. Also they are determined to not let their civ to be nerfed.

Germany was one of the first civs to get nerfed lol. Before water. It was even considered underpowered for a while and no one played it anymore (even though it wasn't actually underpowered). So wtf are you talking about? And it will most likely be nerfed next patch again so you guys are tripping...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

deleted_user wrote:

What are you even talking about!??
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It's not gonna happen because luckily ESOC isn't Italy and we don't give lowbobs with 50 IQ the chance to make utter shit changes.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Honestly people constantly moaning about Germany always confuses me when as it stands they have terrible cav and civs like france, don't get any nerfs while having a better late fortress and colonial.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

try getting to late fortress as french vs germany lol
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kaiserklein wrote:Germany was one of the first civs to get nerfed lol. Before water. It was even considered underpowered for a while and no one played it anymore (even though it wasn't actually underpowered). So wtf are you talking about? And it will most likely be nerfed next patch again so you guys are tripping...

"before water" No idea which patch you played on. because basicly what I remember is they nerfed monitors walls and resourceses on water ( new sea maps have lesser resources at sea to make it less viable ) instantly didn't they? And then it wasnt enough so they nerfed warship limit card, changing the schooners, making fishboats cost 50w and and so on superfluous changes were made just because of germany lobby. I personally would nerf the attack of uhlans rather than hp btw, I'm not supporter of it but still, the civ is quite strong with 200w start on tp noone will deny that. can't bother to discuss same thing again and again anyway.

zoom wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

What are you even talking about!??

I'm suprised you asked me like it didn't happen, water is nerfed in all posible ways to make it less viable again and again and as you remember EP6 was gonna have more nerfs at sea and thankfully people finally realized that a group of people are trying to make their own game and thus these changes were undone. (outposts do fort damage to fishboats same as nilla etc.)
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

France's early fortress isn't that much worse than Germany's though?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

if they spawn an extra 30 pop in units then sure
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

And the people who think random crates makes the game more diverse...
mad cuz bad
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Just nerf germany shipments and everyone is happy (sth like only 2 uhlans even in age 3).
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@n0el @EAGLEMUT can we actually put a pr limit to join the discussion?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

deleted_user wrote:@n0el @EAGLEMUT can we actually put a pr limit to join the discussion?

That would be very sad for people with smol willy like me :cry:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?