Post by gibson »

Yes
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Fixed crates for Germany

Post by Garja »

Riotcoke wrote:So each crate spawn has the same probability, so 100 wood 300 food is the same probability of 200 wood 200 food for germany?

No.
All civs have their own fixed crates. The general rule is enough food crates for 2 vills and enough wood crates for a house.
On top of that there are: n.1 completely random crate (food/wood/gold) and n.1 randomly dependant food crate (if first crate wasn't food alread).
All civs but China get the exact same extra crates.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

So the two random crates are completely random with each one having the same probability?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Well food crate is 50% (yes or no), the other crate is 1/3 each resource but conditioned by the first crate.
So:
100f = 1/2*1/3 +1/2*1/3 = 1/3.
100f 100w = 1/2*1/3 =1/6.
100f 100g = 1/2*1/3 = 1/6.
100w = 1/2*1/3 = 1/6.
100g = 1/2*1/3 = 1/6.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Oh okay, i might do some quantitative testing on crates for germany then, as 200 wood seems far more common than that.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It's just variance.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:
Garja wrote:More like Zoi does the fuck he wants rather than listening who knows better (or realistically he selects the opinions he likes the most).
Anyway I don't understand people that claim Jap has been nerfed lol. Basically pavillion and shogun has been nerfed, which are mid-late game nerfs and shrine cost got buffed. How have they been nerfed?
Also if you think Jap is mid-tier aka sort of bad civ you have no clue.
Also if you think jap ISNT a mid tier aka sort of bad civ you have no clue
Isn't mid-tier about average?
gibson wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:India is fine I'd say. And you can beat botto although it's very hard, but the real issue is that you don't have any easy MUs.
Half of the match-ups are unwinnable, and the other half is equal (like beating Spain, China or Dutch is very hard if your opponent plays properly).
yea the 3 or so free mu wins they had on re are all gone. Maybe port on like cascade range is still really jap favored but its still hard vs a good opponent cause the fact jap just gets auto scouted. That really needs to be removed tbh.
I was planning on it, for EP6. A few players expressed concern, and I opted for postponing it for EP7, to see what more players think. As you may have noticed, from the patch-notes, I was being rather careful.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:Im not even sure the x2 deck thing is a mistake from devs. It sorts of counterbalance the double shipment mechanic which is op af.
How so? I suspect our definitions of "overpowered" differ.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

somppukunkku wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I wonder why everyone and his mom spams japan on ep if it's such a bad civ.

The way Mitoe plays japs always feels very hard to beat. I think most people just play them wrong.

Agreed, the deck scouting is dumb and shouldn't be a thing. Removing it would be a huge buff for japan though so we'd have to do it carefully.

Or maybe you play worse vs his style. Even he says they are average or terrible. It is quite bad civ and everyone who plays them tells the same story but how would you know.
Of course Mitoe would say it's bad. He plays Japanese!!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:Sioux 4v went out the window though
Which is a terrible thing, simply for the fact that the shipment was already extremely viable. It was sent in pretty much every competitive build, to my recollection. I don't think the design argument is relevant, in this case, though.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Riotcoke wrote:Oh okay, i might do some quantitative testing on crates for germany then, as 200 wood seems far more common than that.
Please don't embarrass yourself.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:Im not even sure the x2 deck thing is a mistake from devs. It sorts of counterbalance the double shipment mechanic which is op af.

Of course it is overpowered and it has always been. Just has been overshadowed by all other things that once made Japan OP. You just can send more cards basically, resulting in more survival potential and also some impossible for other civ options such as sending 4 (actually 5 with 300exports) unit shipments in a row in colonial.
I mean there was even a cheat called double deck lol
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

zoom wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:Oh okay, i might do some quantitative testing on crates for germany then, as 200 wood seems far more common than that.
Please don't embarrass yourself.

I've got nothing to do, so might as well.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

For ALL civs - and in 2017 (or when it was first discussed)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:
zoom wrote:

Of course it is overpowered and it has always been. Just has been overshadowed by all other things that once made Japan OP. You just can send more cards basically, resulting in more survival potential and also some impossible for other civ options such as sending 4 (actually 5 with 300exports) unit shipments in a row in colonial.
I get the impression you think it's overpowered because it's a feature, useful, and unique to the civilization. That doesn't automatically make it overpowered. It's only the case, if the feature itself causes a balance issue for Japanese, relative to other civilizations. I suppose "4 Villagers" is most significant, I just don't suppose it's a balance issue, in itself. If anything, wouldn't Japanese be underpowered, without it?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

You don't really want to send 4v twice outside mirror so it is irrelevant. Also some nilla civs, such as Brit and Spain, have 5v and 4v, is it really overpowered?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

At least you gotta admit that japan being the only civ with virtually a 35 cards deck is quite significant. Whether that is OP or not i cannot tell, but it is a very strong feature for sure, thet gets often overlooked.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

The best thing about it is that you can always afford to have vills, crates, ups, units, daimyo, cherries and just another card in deck so that you could full aggro or full turtle with about the same deck.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Yeah japs basically have 2 decks in one.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:You don't really want to send 4v twice outside mirror so it is irrelevant. Also some nilla civs, such as Brit and Spain, have 5v and 4v, is it really overpowered?

but its 1 card, and it saves you 1 card which costs 600 resources in age 2
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gamevideo113 wrote:At least you gotta admit that japan being the only civ with virtually a 35 cards deck is quite significant. Whether that is OP or not i cannot tell, but it is a very strong feature for sure, thet gets often overlooked.

Yes it's strong for sure, but on the other hand your shipments are weaker. For instance, I'd rather have 5vills, 6yumi, 700w, 600w, 700c in my deck than 4v, 5yumis, 5ashis, 600w, 600c twice.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Yes they are on the weak side but definitely nothing we haven't seen in other civs already.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I get the impression you think it's overpowered because it's a feature, useful, and unique to the civilization. That doesn't automatically make it overpowered. It's only the case, if the feature itself causes a balance issue for Japanese, relative to other civilizations. I suppose "4 Villagers" is most significant, I just don't suppose it's a balance issue, in itself. If anything, wouldn't Japanese be underpowered, without it?

Dude half of TAD civ features are OP. The only reason they are not discussed for balance is vecause otherwise we would have to remake the game frim scratch or, as I actually advocated sometimes, separate the expansions.
I dont get your statement about 4v.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:At least you gotta admit that japan being the only civ with virtually a 35 cards deck is quite significant. Whether that is OP or not i cannot tell, but it is a very strong feature for sure, thet gets often overlooked.

Yes it's strong for sure, but on the other hand your shipments are weaker. For instance, I'd rather have 5vills, 6yumi, 700w, 600w, 700c in my deck than 4v, 5yumis, 5ashis, 600w, 600c twice.

5 ashi and 5 uumi are both good shipments and on par resource wise.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

5 ashi and 5 uumi are both good shipments and on par resource wise.

6lb, 8bows, 13 strel, 10 maces, 7aennas, all these are better than 5 yumis.