Computer easier (and dumber) with ESOC Patch?

United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Computer easier (and dumber) with ESOC Patch?

Post by occamslightsaber »

I practice and try out different strategies with the computer personalities on skirmish, but I noticed that they've become much less aggressive since I installed the ESOC Patch. For instance, I used to struggle against Expert AIs with 10+% handicap because they have so much better economy and churn out units, but now all they do is build mills and plantations for no reason at all.

I've tried switching back to RE and even uninstalled the patch to see if that would fix the problem, but neither has worked so far. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix to it?
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Re: Computer easier (and dumber) with ESOC Patch?

Post by Peachrocks »

The AI in vanilla is a lot more aggressive and sensible then the AI in TAD. That may be what you experienced. The AI in RE has always been pretty much as you described.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

ESOC Patch currently doesn't introduce any AI changes, nor does it even have its own AI (the AI is completely shared with RE).
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16501

Try out this if you want to have better AI.
United States of America occamslightsaber
Retired Contributor
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

Post by occamslightsaber »

Thanks I'll try the mod. If it's always been that bad, I guess I just improved my gameplay more than I thought. It's not a huge deal, since I mostly use it to test my build order before actually playing against other players.
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

Dsy wrote:https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16501

Try out this if you want to have better AI.

I'll definitely have a look into this and give some thoughts at some stage after I view all the AI decks. I myself am not sure about what's even possible or what is best long term based on the AI's strengths/weaknesses. One thing the AI did do before in vanilla but doesn't do in TAD is upgrade units consistently. Some AIs do it, especially on Artillery, but Queen Elizabeth for instance runs around with age 2 Longbowmen in age 5 quite commonly. Her vanilla counterpart tends to use Life Guard Hussars and Redcoat Muskets with Field Guns.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

Okay there is something worth noting here. Yes, I know double post but its pretty important.

I noticed that with the mod installed Queen Elizabeth is notably behind the other AIs. At first I thought it was a conflict with having both EsoC patch and the AI patch at the same time but as it turns out no. It's having just the EsoC patch at all that weakens Queen Elizabeth because it removes her deck from the game. It could be because I have used the AI patch that might have caused this to happen but whenever I use the standard patch and standard AI and same for when I use standard patch and modded AI, Queen Elizabeth has her deck again. Someone who hasn't installed the AI patch but has installed ESOC might want to check this out because that's an issue. A relatively minor one but an issue nonetheless and might explain what this poster was experiencing with just having ESOC.

Do note though that for whatever reason the AI doesn't choose their deck right away, you need to give it around 30 seconds. That's true of all AI's.
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

EAGLEMUT wrote:ESOC Patch currently doesn't introduce any AI changes, nor does it even have its own AI (the AI is completely shared with RE).

Need to reverse engineer the game data structure to write faster and better AI functions.

I've found the line of code that sets the AI explorer plans sharpshooter ability and changed it to use crackshot.

Its just building rotation, wall building and abilities that need reverse engineering since they are only available as UI functions which isn't ideal for AI.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Leave it to EP to ruin the AI without changing it...
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I guess it's time to try your hand at multiplayer?
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

deleted_user wrote:I guess it's time to try your hand at multiplayer?

Careful what you wish for. I’ve already been accused once of trolling with my silly strats. Kinda why I do play against the AI a bit, I don’t deal with salt very well.
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

Peachrocks wrote:

Careful what you wish for. I’ve already been accused once of trolling with my silly strats. Kinda why I do play against the AI a bit, I don’t deal with salt very well.

You have a problem with salt?
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

007Salt wrote:
Peachrocks wrote:

You have a problem with salt?

It's more like salt has a problem with me :).