Poll: Crate gathering in batches

Would you prefer for crates to be gathered smoothly, instead of in big batches?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 45

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Poll: Crate gathering in batches

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's a skill though. I see people mismicroing their crates all the time. Both starting ones and shipments
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

If you try to cancel crate gathering, what happens basically depends on luck and current lag. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you waste villager seconds / fail the build order (with Silk Road, for example). I guess you mean the skill is in assigning villagers correctly at the start of the game? This change wouldn't make that skill irrelevant, though it's true that it would reduce the punishment.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's a skill though. I see people mismicroing their crates all the time. Both starting ones and shipments

Watching some people not touch their vills at all in the first 10 seconds of the game is always a painful experience for me haha.

I would prefer the workaround to keep crates as close to they are now as possible.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

This would be a buff to germany, so you guys might not want to change it, otherwise rouga might moan again.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Riotcoke wrote:This would be a buff to germany, so you guys might not want to change it, otherwise rouga might moan again.

?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Mitoe wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:This would be a buff to germany, so you guys might not want to change it, otherwise rouga might moan again.

?

Settler wagons are far more efficient at getting resources out of crates, if you have one normal settler accidentally on a crate it makes them far less efficient as compared to other civs that all have constant rates for all their gathers, e.g all cdbs are the same, rather than settler wagons mixing with settlers which is 50 and 20 respectively.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

wait, what are we even talking about in this thread? what's the mechanic with crates gathering differently?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

kami_ryu wrote:wait, what are we even talking about in this thread? what's the mechanic with crates gathering differently?

Basically as it stands crates gather at a tick of 20 for normal settlers, a bit like in aoe2 and aoe1 how they bring back resources in stacks if you will, while every other gathering is done at a constant. So the poll is to change the rate to a constant or keep the ticks.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Riotcoke wrote:
Mitoe wrote:

?

Settler wagons are far more efficient at getting resources out of crates, if you have one normal settler accidentally on a crate it makes them far less efficient as compared to other civs that all have constant rates for all their gathers, e.g all cdbs are the same, rather than settler wagons mixing with settlers which is 50 and 20 respectively.

So you’re saying it would be a buff for Germany if the current crate mechanic was discarded?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Mitoe wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

So you’re saying it would be a buff for Germany if the current crate mechanic was discarded?

Well i was sort of saying it as a joke, but if the current mechanic was changed to a constant and the villagers still gathered at the same speed I.e settler wagons still gathered 50 instead of 40 of 2 vills in the same time it would be a very slight buff to germany yes.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

EAGLEMUT wrote:If you try to cancel crate gathering, what happens basically depends on luck and current lag. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you waste villager seconds / fail the build order (with Silk Road, for example). I guess you mean the skill is in assigning villagers correctly at the start of the game? This change wouldn't make that skill irrelevant, though it's true that it would reduce the punishment.

The skill is doing maths and splitting vils. If you send 2 vils to gather a crate of 100 res there's some overkill, same if you send 3. So ideally you want to split vils so that this doesn't happen. Same thing if you let your vils bump into each other, they won't be synced and you'll lose some VS because of the batch gathering system.

If crates gather continuously, it means you can do whatever the fuck you want with your vils, and they'll gather smoothly regardless.

Also btw you can cancel the crate gathering just fine if you pay attention, it's not luck. I used to do it all the time on nilla with silk road. Ofc lag fucks it up, but well lag fucks the whole game up anyway.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..