EP 7 suggestions

France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Re: EP 7 suggestions

Post by bwinner »

Abus are very good in age 3 with the 20 range, but it's nearly impossible to make enought of them because it takes forever, as a result we litterally never see people going late age 3 as otto. As a result this is a big non sens to nerf it. You told yourself that you won games only in age 2 with abus. @Kaiserklein @Diarouga
I am waiting for all this game where people won thanks to 20 range abus. I haven't seen any in tourney for my part.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Because people didn't pick the bad MUs.
Anyway, you won as otto vs me playing France in tourney thanks to 20 range abus. Also Port can't counter that, which is why people don't play that MU as Port.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@bwinner I never said "only" lol. I've won plenty of games with fortress abus jan.
I've lost otto mirror to tabben in nwc because i went falcs and he went abus. And I won otto mirror vs raphael in showmatch because I had vet abus. I've won vs erik in some tourney on high plains with vet abus jan, actually almost lost because I went jan huss instead of jan abus to begin with. There's probably more examples.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Is there any other high level player that disagrees with nerfing abus range, or is it just bwinner?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I updated my long post on japan - 115 wood shrines are imo what should be done with japan, if anything.

@[Armag] diarouga 20 range on abus is strong yes, but i think nerfing their damage by 20% will already be a big deal. The unit is expensive and costs 2 pop, and on top of that the 2 range only comes after the veteran upgrade. Colonial abus are still at a range disadvantage compared to fortress skirms, it's a buff that really only shows when otto is age 3 and has teched his units.

About xbows, yes, they are usable, but for the cost you pay you're only getting 4 more range than a normal musk out of it. The rest is simply worse in every aspect. The cost effectiveness of the unit is quite bad imo, xbows become useless really soon in colonial and in fact all the civs that have xbows kinda suck in prolonged colonial wars. 17-18 attack would also be reasonable.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

princeofcarthage wrote:There is no logic in claiming ceasefire should be only used defensively and not aggressively.

Cease Fire is poor game design. Mele units pay a price - they excel when in mele combat but must take all the ranged damage until they get there. This 'ability' circumvents an integral component of the game's counter system balance. It's inconsistent with design intent.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I think an appropriate Japan change would be to increase the amount of export the Toshugu grants. This was nerfed in an official patch long ago, but it would help Japan defensively and not scale too hard into the long game.
mad cuz bad
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

i greatly disagree with nerfing abus unless it’s a part of a measured unit design change
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Cometk wrote:i greatly disagree with nerfing abus unless it’s a part of a measured unit design change

CombotK

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

@aztecs

Colonial politician:
1 War Hut Travois + 1 Warrior Priest
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Please Buff botto.
:nwc:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

n0el wrote:I think an appropriate Japan change would be to increase the amount of export the Toshugu grants. This was nerfed in an official patch long ago, but it would help Japan defensively and not scale too hard into the long game.

you mean 300 instead of 200?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I suggested that already in past. The objections was that toshogu is already the most viable wonder.
300 is a lot anyway, 250 seems more appropriate. It just speeds up key consulate techs by a little.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

n0el wrote:I think an appropriate Japan change would be to increase the amount of export the Toshugu grants. This was nerfed in an official patch long ago, but it would help Japan defensively and not scale too hard into the long game.

Erf, 7bows at 6min sounds op tbh :P I wouldn't do that.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Cometk wrote:i greatly disagree with nerfing abus unless it’s a part of a measured unit design change

Is there any other unit that has 32 or more base bombard attack for the cost of 150 resources? No, the unit would still most definitely be characterized by a high attack. There is nothing wrong with nerfing abus damage if it was too high to begin with (and it was). There is something wrong instead with giving it 3.5 firing rate, because it screws with basically everything else in the game. Probably it was done to make the age2 abus jan composition harder to micro, but it seems like the change wasn't very effective because people are still complaining about it.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I would revert the ROF nerf and nerf their HP/attack instead. Nerfing ROF was very awkward.
Anyway, 20 range is just dumb.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

gamevideo113 wrote:

Is there any other unit that has 32 or more base bombard attack for the cost of 150 resources? No, the unit would still most definitely be characterized by a high attack. There is nothing wrong with nerfing abus damage if it was too high to begin with (and it was). There is something wrong instead with giving it 3.5 firing rate, because it screws with basically everything else in the game. Probably it was done to make the age2 abus jan composition harder to micro, but it seems like the change wasn't very effective because people are still complaining about it.

Abus damage isn't the problem, it's that it's siege damage, if it was ranged damage it'd be fine.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Maybe replace cease fire by +1 speed during 15 sec? That way, the cease fire non sense is removed, but you can still get away with a musk/huss composition.

This sounds fun
Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Hazza54321 wrote:

you mean 300 instead of 200?

You’d have to test the number, whether it’s 250 or what. It just increases their flexibility early. You can use it economically or for aggression or defense. Do this and revert the shrine change which is just weird.
mad cuz bad
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Because people didn't pick the bad MUs.
Anyway, you won as otto vs me playing France in tourney thanks to 20 range abus. Also Port can't counter that, which is why people don't play that MU as Port.

Eh I'm not sure Ports lose to otto. Huss semi into skirm+huss+shipments used to be pretty neat counter in FP 1.2. Now jan abus are nerfed and prot vills are a buffed so it should be even easier.

Riotcoke wrote:Is there any other high level player that disagrees with nerfing abus range, or is it just bwinner?

To be fair I don't even mind the design idea behind the extra range. +2 each age sounds cool and coherent with the unit being premium. The point is that the unit needs solid counter nerfs for that.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I agree with Garja on this, the issue is that you can't really counter 20 range abus. With a *5 multiplier for culvs abus it would be fine, but huss can't really counter them right now.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I would revert the ROF nerf and nerf their HP/attack instead. Nerfing ROF was very awkward.
Awkward because now the unit actually feels different from other units?
Yeah god forbid we have unique units
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Goodspeed wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I would revert the ROF nerf and nerf their HP/attack instead. Nerfing ROF was very awkward.
Awkward because now the unit actually feels different from other units?
Yeah god forbid we have unique units

Awkard because we're used to hit and running with 3 ROF abus guns.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

The main problem I have with nerfing age 3 abus is that Otto are already not strong in middle/late age 3, so nerfing this aspect is just going back to re broken Otto that just rely on all in timmings.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

What do people think of the game Mitoe french fi'd against urumi? Was it winnable for french? I feel like french coul've won pretty easily.