EP6 Post-tournament Balance Poll (Jul 2019)

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: EP6 Post-tournament Balance Poll (Jul 2019)

Post by zoom »

HUMMAN wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
HUMMAN wrote:Damn i'm glad dia won the tourney, now people has to actually give a fuck. Slowly but surely more and more people will join the Armag army.From his ban to his triumph, next step is fixing crates and removing non-tp bullshit from the game.#competitiveaoe #armag

You think people didn’t care before? You can’t be serious.

@[Armag] diarouga Sioux can definitely beat Brit. Ports I’m less certain about but I’m pretty sure Sioux can still win that, at least off of water.

Well i am not that an old member, but i remember people were not even taking serious crate starts; partly rouga too. He was kinda like Jerom in that sense. And by the time people's idea's shifting since he is talking logical altough behaves somewhat childish maybe thats why he is not taken so serious. (like his fight with zoi, he was kinda right but couldnt act mature) Now with a poll pretty sure fixing crates would win. And most importantly there's high value in forum for PR instead of ideas and now i am happy because now your boss is diarouga. #Armag.
I'm not aware of any fight involving me. That's rather odd, assuming there were one. You'd think I'd know!

As a matter of fact, I don't even know what Diarouga said, since I haven't read anything he's said, after kindly explaining to him that he broke my trust – to which he responded, not respectfully, but like a latent psychopath. At that point, I lost what little respect he hadn't already depleted, and he became as obsessed with me, as irrelevant to me. A good player, and a bad person. Apart from completely unessential to the patch, that's all he'll ever be.

I'm more interested in constructive and respectful people. That's that! You seem... misinformed.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

edeholland wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I think amiggo is right. "too weak", "too strong" etc makes more sense than random numbers.
Also where can we see the results?
Zoom said he would provide graphs later this week. I doubt we will be able to see the actual responses.
I don't want to out anyone, without their express permission. Other than that, I don't mind sharing anything.

Thank you to everyone who responded, so far!
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

zoom wrote:I'm not aware of any fight involving me. That's rather odd, assuming there were one. You'd think I'd know!

As a matter of fact, I don't even know what Diarouga said, since I haven't read anything he's said, after kindly explaining to him that he broke my trust – to which he responded, not respectfully, but like a latent psychopath. At that point, I lost what little respect he hadn't already depleted, and he became as obsessed with me, as irrelevant to me. A good player, and a bad person. Apart from completely unessential to the patch, that's all he'll ever be.

I'm more interested in constructive and respectful people. That's that! You seem... misinformed.

Not trying to defend Diarouga’s past, but my interactions with him lately have been much improved and I think you two should make another attempt at working together. At the very least I think you should try to do this in the interest of avoiding the same manner of drama that arose last patch season.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

It's pretty worrying that the EP leader doesn't read anything said by one of the current best players. Especially since the thread he made got 9 pages of responses in 4 days, so he clearly has something interesting to say.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Hazza54321 wrote:Yeah i dont see how brit win. What sort of strat were you doing

lb/pike and I spammed an absurd amount of pikes. Axe riders are great but what can you do when you have 20 ars vs 40pikes?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

zoom wrote:
HUMMAN wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well i am not that an old member, but i remember people were not even taking serious crate starts; partly rouga too. He was kinda like Jerom in that sense. And by the time people's idea's shifting since he is talking logical altough behaves somewhat childish maybe thats why he is not taken so serious. (like his fight with zoi, he was kinda right but couldnt act mature) Now with a poll pretty sure fixing crates would win. And most importantly there's high value in forum for PR instead of ideas and now i am happy because now your boss is diarouga. #Armag.
I'm not aware of any fight involving me. That's rather odd, assuming there were one. You'd think I'd know!

Ah, is that why you're ignoring me on Skype and Discord?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Spam more axe. Seriously, anyway, it's all about challenging brit defense with raids and then getting the most out of your fortress units by poking constantly.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:Spam more axe. Seriously, anyway, it's all about challenging brit defense with raids and then getting the most out of your fortress units by poking constantly.

You can't age because you'll die to the lb/pike push. If anyone is interested we can try this MU but from my experience it is brit favoured.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

edeholland wrote:It's pretty worrying that the EP leader doesn't read anything said by one of the current best players.

maybe in abstraction, but not in context
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:Spam more axe. Seriously, anyway, it's all about challenging brit defense with raids and then getting the most out of your fortress units by poking constantly.

You can't age because you'll die to the lb/pike push. If anyone is interested we can try this MU but from my experience it is brit favoured.

Well aside from just adapting and staying colo with the countercombo (which you can easily spam as Sioux), Sioux can also wakina FF and hard counter the bow pike. Considering that wakina FF isnt that bad in general I don't think you can really bow/pike colo.
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Garja wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Well aside from just adapting and staying colo with the countercombo (which you can easily spam as Sioux), Sioux can also wakina FF and hard counter the bow pike. Considering that wakina FF isnt that bad in general I don't think you can really bow/pike colo.

Whats the wakina ff?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

just classic 700g into wakina spam. I guess with a starting TP can 700g 5v
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Not sure if thats great vs lbow/pike, youre gonna be so outmassed
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

idk even if he goes pure lbows u still have cav shipments
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

It's worth a try but yea, you're going to have 20 wakinas vs 25 lb/15 pikes and it's going to go really wrong
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Yeah but he will just have 20 pike behind his lbow while those rek your outnumbered wakina :D
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

By the grace of Goodspeed – the second known entity in the universe to have mastered Google Sheets – I am able to once again present you with these gorgeous graphs.

Yet again, thank you to all respondents, for the best turn-out ever – this bodes well!

Also, while I refuse to disclose the responses of others, for reference, I'm happy to share mine (land maps, only):

Aztecs: 4
British: 6
Chinese: 5
Dutch: 5
French: 5
Germans: 5
Indians: 5
Iroquois: 4
Japanese: 4
Ottomans: 4
Portuguese: 4
Russians: 5
Sioux: 5
Spanish: 4
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

zoom wrote:By the grace of Goodspeed – the second known entity in the universe to have mastered Google Sheets – I am able to once again present you with these gorgeous graphs

Once again, thank you to all respondents, for the best turn-out ever – this bodes well!

Also, while I refuse to disclose the responses of others, for reference, I'm happy to share mine (land maps, only):

Otto/Iro 4, really?
Are you aware that Iro is currently one of the best civilisations? You probably shouldn't have shared your response by the way, because it makes you biased.

I think that the overall results are quite accurate however.
Germany is top civ and Aztec is the worst civ. I'd say that Otto is underrated but that's it.

Apparently, there's an obvious tier 1:
Germany
India
Sioux
Brit
Iro
Russia
imo Otto should be in that top tier too

These civs should get a small nerf

Then, the tier 2:
China
Dutch
Otto (??)
France

These civs shouldn't be changed (personally I question Otto in tier 2).

Finally, the tier 3 :
Japan
Port
Spanish
Aztec

These civs are too weak, and deserve a buff.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

They weren't picked all that much so I can see why he wouldn't be
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Goodspeed wrote:They weren't picked all that much so I can see why he wouldn't be

What civ?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
zoom wrote:By the grace of Goodspeed – the second known entity in the universe to have mastered Google Sheets – I am able to once again present you with these gorgeous graphs

Once again, thank you to all respondents, for the best turn-out ever – this bodes well!

Otto/Iro 4, really?
Are you aware that Iro is currently one of the best civilisations? You probably shouldn't have shared your response by the way, because it makes you biased.

Germany is top civ and Aztec is the worst civ. I'd say that Otto is underrated but that's it.

Germany
India
Sioux
Brit
Iro
Russia

Then, the tier 2:
China
Dutch
Otto (??)
France

Finally, the tier 3 :
Japan
Port
Spanish
Aztec

If anything zoom shows that he isn't biased with that, most of his responses are middle of the range.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Riotcoke wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Otto/Iro 4, really?

Germany
India
Sioux
Brit
Iro
Russia

Then, the tier 2:
China
Dutch
Otto (??)
France

Finally, the tier 3 :
Japan
Port
Spanish
Aztec

If anything zoom shows that he isn't biased with that, most of his responses are middle of the range.

It shows that he believes that brit is the best civ. Thus, if brit is nerfed, people will say that Zoi is biased because there aren't many people who advocate for a brit nerf.
Likewise, he believes that Iro and Otto are as bad as Spain/Aztecs. Thus, if Iro and Otto get nerfed (while no top players advocate for this), some might claim that it's because of a bias.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Well its actually not that bad if you consider -no offense- but cant expect good civ rating from people not actively playing on ep.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

flontier wrote:Well its actually not that bad if you consider -no offense- but cant expect good civ rating from people not actively playing on ep.

Yes his civ rating is quite accurate. Since he's not actively playing on the EP and he is the one to make decisions though, I think that he shouldn't share his personal opinion on the balance though. That's just my opinion.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Riotcoke wrote:If anything zoom shows that he isn't biased with that, most of his responses are middle of the range.
It just indicates that I find balance closer than most respondents, and that I'm not biased towards the positive end of the scale (strength).

Beyond that, I personally think I'm less biased than most players, but also lack their first-hand knowledge—which is one major reason as to why I'm so keen in learning what players think.
flontier wrote:Well its actually not that bad if you consider -no offense- but cant expect good civ rating from people not actively playing on ep.
I don't take offence to reasonable criticism. In itself, your point is valid. That's why these polls, like all feedback, are so important. We all have our strengths, and weaknesses.