EP team application

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

EP team application

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I am writing this to apply to the ESOC Patch balance team.

I've been involved in most of the previous EP, and I've always enjoyed the balancing process. Furthermore, I think that I'm very qualified for that role.

- I have some experience in balancing the game, and I learned from the success and the mistakes of the previous patches
- I am a versatile player. As a result, I'm not biased toward one play style. For instance, I enjoy playing with the sea, being defensive, turtling, and sometimes even being agressive. In addition, I play almost every civ at a competitive level, thus my understanding of the different civilizations is decent.
- I have a lot of testing experience. Before every tourney game, I usually prepare for my opponent by playtesting some match-ups to figure out if these are favorable for me. Of course, I can apply that same method and knowledge to test the balance of a patch.

I know that I've had some disputes with some members of the EP team in the past, but meeting people at LAN changed many things.
In the end, having a balanced and enjoyable patch for everybody (which might even become official with AOE3 : DE) is more important than this in my opinion. :flowers:
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: EP team application

Post by Riotcoke »

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Petition for all Garja-Diarouga discussions to be released for public entertainment.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Post by charlemango »

Rouga for dictator
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Scroogie wrote:Petition for all Garja-Diarouga discussions to be released for public entertainment.

I made peace with the Garja :flowers:
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

could we also add a breeze of breeze to spice things up?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

jesus3 wrote:could we also add a breeze of breeze to spice things up?

Yes lets have breeze so he can buff every civ he plays!

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Rouga is a changed man.

He's also been really involved in the community recently and is clearly invested in the success of the game:

-Very helpful basic guide to strategy
-Casting on ESOC for the Weekend Pilgrimage
-Making video tutorials

Meeting him at the LAN was brilliant, he's a good guy and it would make sense to involve him in the process. I hope @zoom can consider unblocking him and forgive previous slights

I also hope Diarouga can apologize for previous actions

I think he'd be a great asset to the balancing procedure even if appointing him would make it much harder to push through Smackdown politician changes :mad:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

But there isn't an EP balance team right? I'm kinda confused
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Let's deep analyze the situation.

The fact that Diarouga has made this application public means that he knows he won't get accepted. If you wanted to land a job at Facebook, you wouldn't make a public facebook post, tagging Zuckerberg, right?

Obviously, the motivation is to riot against the dictator Zoi who won't accept Diarouga to his gang. Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Therefore, by making a public application Diarouga wishes to create a drama which could turn the public opinion against Zoi. By shifting the public opinion, Diarouga can force Zoi to accept him into the gang.

Is the attempt successful? Well, so far he has reached 15 likes. However, it is unclear whether the likers are those who like any post more than 20 words or really supporting Diarouga with his revolution. The low number of comments may indicate that Diarouga has some passive support but none of his fans are ready to take a bullet for him.

Is this going to be a checkmate? Diarouga's casting and play tutorials have won some popularity among ESOC citizens. Some parts of ESOC seem to be demanding Zoi to free Diarouga from the torture of bad EP balance!

What's going to be Zoi's move in this 8D chess? How solid are Zoi supporters or are they going to backstab him? Are we going to see a Battle of Uhlanfall between Family Mitoe and Family Diarouga?

Next season out soon!
Nigeria pingiu
Musketeer
ESO: piostolix
GameRanger ID: 234234234

Post by pingiu »

#rougaforpresident
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

pingiu wrote:#rougaforpresident

Forgot to mention: Inspired by Putin's troll army, Diarouga has hired Nigerian troll army to shift the public image.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

somppukunkku wrote:
pingiu wrote:#rougaforpresident

Forgot to mention: Inspired by Putin's troll army, Diarouga has hired Nigerian troll army to shift the public image.

I've been loyal to King somali the great all of my whole damn lives
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

somppukunkku wrote:Let's deep analyze the situation.

The fact that Diarouga has made this application public means that he knows he won't get accepted. If you wanted to land a job at Facebook, you wouldn't make a public facebook post, tagging Zuckerberg, right?

Obviously, the motivation is to riot against the dictator Zoi who won't accept Diarouga to his gang. Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Therefore, by making a public application Diarouga wishes to create a drama which could turn the public opinion against Zoi. By shifting the public opinion, Diarouga can force Zoi to accept him into the gang.

Is the attempt successful? Well, so far he has reached 15 likes. However, it is unclear whether the likers are those who like any post more than 20 words or really supporting Diarouga with his revolution. The low number of comments may indicate that Diarouga has some passive support but none of his fans are ready to take a bullet for him.

Is this going to be a checkmate? Diarouga's casting and play tutorials have won some popularity among ESOC citizens. Some parts of ESOC seem to be demanding Zoi to free Diarouga from the torture of bad EP balance!

What's going to be Zoi's move in this 8D chess? How solid are Zoi supporters or are they going to backstab him? Are we going to see a Battle of Uhlanfall between Family Mitoe and Family Diarouga?

Next season out soon!
6/10 didn't analyze each of the (now 16) likes individually or even try to find patterns in who liked the post.
For example there is a surprising number of staff likers
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Yea, dia is just a likewhore :hehe:
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

I will publicly support Diarouga if he advocates for a Rodelero buff, 0.25 speed increase and +10% HP minimum!
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Goodspeed wrote:

Next season out soon!
6/10 didn't analyze each of the (now 16) likes individually or even tried to find patterns in who liked the post.
For example there is a surprising number of staff likers

Strange :hmm:
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

To add onto the "rouga is very active in the community" point he also often replies to threads by beginners or intermediates asking for advice, which makes improving for those a lot easier.

Also somppu best Esoc politics analyst 11/10
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Based on the thread title, it seems there's some misinformation. Let me explain a few things:

1. For the 143:rd time: There hasn't been an ESOC Patch Team, since Goodspeed abandoned it, years ago. Therefore, the thread title is ignorant, at best.
2. Diarouga isn't being excluded from anything. I don't think that would benefit anyone – least of all himself. It's entirely possible that he'll prove useful, too.
3. Because of Diarouga's destructive and disrespectful actions, I simply have no interest in communicating with him. It's irrelevant, to said interest, whether he's as good as Garja. The window of apology is long since expired. Ultimately, Diarouga stands to learn from his actions.
4. Diarouga has had "2" and "3" explained to him, at least three separate times, by at least three different people (myself included – I won't repeat that mistake), in the past two weeks. For some combination of distrust, ego, and misguided tactics, he is acting as though it hasn't been explained to him. In my experience, patience isn't my strong suit.

I won't say it's disappointing, but I will say that it's sad to see people who are aware of the above, choosing not to make these points. It would have helped abate the disinformation. It seems I react poorly to my trust being abused. In Diarouga's case, I just adapt and move on, since I don't particularly care for him. Unfortunately for me, a few cases are infinitely more problematic.

Considering most people's ignorance of the above points, and their insistence on believing everything this pathological liar says, the misunderstanding is perfectly understandable. Now, perhaps there will be less of it. We can only hope!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

scarm wrote:To add onto the "rouga is very active in the community" point he also often replies to threads by beginners or intermediates asking for advice, which makes improving for those a lot easier.

Also somppu best Esoc politics analyst 11/10
It's truly amazing how nice he can be, sometimes!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I agree, it does seem counter-productive, when you've already been told – by Zuckerberg, directly – that the job is yours – on three occasions in the past week. Human psychology is interesting!
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I don't claim to know anything, but how can you @zoom say that he is not being excluded from anything, when you yourself state that you are refusing to talk to him at all, while at the same time you are the EP patch leader?
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

Yea now i'm confused. Also, is the position his or does it not exist?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

zoom wrote:Based on the thread title, it seems there's some misinformation. Let me explain a few things:

1. For the 143:rd time: There hasn't been an ESOC Patch Team, since Goodspeed abandoned it, years ago. Therefore, the thread title is ignorant, at best.
2. Diarouga isn't being excluded from anything. I don't think that would benefit anyone – least of all himself. It's entirely possible that he'll prove useful, too.
3. Because of Diarouga's destructive and disrespectful actions, I simply have no interest in communicating with him. It's irrelevant, to said interest, whether he's as good as Garja. The window of apology is long since expired. Ultimately, Diarouga stands to learn from his actions.
4. Diarouga has had "2" and "3" explained to him, at least three separate times, by at least three different people (myself included – I won't repeat that mistake), in the past two weeks. For some combination of distrust, ego, and misguided tactics, he is acting as though it hasn't been explained to him. In my experience, patience isn't my strong suit.

I won't say it's disappointing, but I will say that it's sad to see people who are aware of the above, choosing not to make these points. It would have helped abate the disinformation. It seems I react poorly to my trust being abused. In Diarouga's case, I just adapt and move on, since I don't particularly care for him. Unfortunately for me, a few cases are infinitely more problematic.

Considering most people's ignorance of the above points, and their insistence on believing everything this pathological liar says, the misunderstanding is perfectly understandable. Now, perhaps there will be less of it. We can only hope!

1. I don't know how it is called since I unfortunately, don't have a lot of information. I guess you could call that ignorance then.
2. I know that there is a change list, and most of the top players are aware of it, and can discuss it, while I can't. I'm surprised that you claim that I'm not being excluded from anything while I am. No offense, but you're the liar here...
3. As I said in my initial post, I can't try to make the EP better if the EP leader doesn't want to communicate with me. How can I discuss changes if you refuse to listen to my opinion?
We've had disagreements in the past, but in the end, the EP is more important than this, especially since it could become the official patch with AOE3:DE :flowers:
4. I didn't have the opportunity to answer your points as you blocked me everywhere. I'm being excluded from the EP process though, that's a fact.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't defend what diarouga did, he showed unwanted actions against Beckmala in time, he insulted him that it is really sad but on the other hand I dont think that someone else has worked as much as diarouga about the balance issues/strategies and Mu's. He has the most experience and I think it is necessary to see both diarouga and Beckmala cooperating for the benefit of the patch. If diarouga behaves rude again, Beckmala can still take necessary actions and ignore him permanently.