EP 126.96.36.199 is now released live, nothing new is available to test at this time.
As I have mentioned, many times, this year, EP7 will begin to also focus on improvements to the game, including issues of viability. Having core game features marginalized - let alone so many of them - is simply unacceptable. I have no illusions of making everything equally viable; only aspirations of making some things at least situationally viable, bit by bit.
At the literal bottom of ESOC’s Population Statistics page, it can be seen that EP has seen strong growth, in 2019. Also, with inter-civilization balance relatively stable, there’s never been a better time to expand on the improvements of the patch. Currently, in no order of priority, these are my goals for the patch:
1. Improving balance (between civilizations, first; between options, second).
2. Improving community experience, in general, and user experience, in particular.
3. Increasing adoption by means of the above.
For this initial build, I've included changes I'm confident in testing, after getting feedback on them. All in one, I’ve tried to make them as constructive, exciting and non-controversial as possible. It's a delicate balancing act. The idea is to increase the number of available options, and make the game more fun, while maintaining a focus on inter-civ balance. In light of this, it’s necessary to make priorities, which will continue to be reflected by the selection of changes made.
Please be advised that this is a test patch. Its content is subject to change, primarily based on player feedback, and may not reflect that of the final release. There are many players, and many opinions. Ultimately, it’s a matter of compromise. To this end, I've set up a public read-only forum, to which a substantial number of players will be invited to post and vote in. It is my hope for this to better involve the community in the patch’s development, and stimulate play-testing.
Arsonists OP? Let us see!
P.S. Kevsoft is SLAYING this game! He solved the age-old cover-mode bug in five minutes' time, and hacked "Cease Fire" ezpz. I appreciate being made to look fittingly incompetent!
EP 188.8.131.52 Beta4 [2019-11-20]
combined changelog since EP 184.108.40.206
unless specified otherwise, game changes apply to all of ESOC Patch / ESOC Treaty Patch
- Implemented new option in graphics settings for toggling high-detail cliffs independently from other high-poly models.
- Other players can no longer see if "2x" shipments have been sent, via deck inspection.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to reset unit rate-of-fire by cancelling an activated ability. Monitors will no longer utilize charged actions, which were used to alleviate the issue.
- Fixed a bug where "knocked out" hero units would enter into an invalid stance state upon waking up ("cover mode bug"). Such units will now correctly remain in the same stance they were in before being knocked out.
- Fixed a bug where wagon builder units were able to speed up construction of buildings started by other kinds of units. Wagon builders can now only be tasked to their own placed foundation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from hosting Deathmatch games.
- Fixed a bug where resource gatherers would sometimes obtain resources twice for a single gather action. Backported more reliable gathering implementation from AoEO, which isn't animation-based.
- The Diplomacy button can no longer overlay the Objectives button (Objectives has higher priority).
- The Aztec Heal Dance no longer affects "knocked out" War Chiefs.
- Fixed an issue where Stun abilities would fail to activate when their target was no longer in range before the Stun animation had finished. Stun abilities will now acquire "target lock" once the Stun animation begins, similarly to other attacks in the game.
- Damage bonus multipliers with 2 decimal places now display their real value, instead of being rounded to 1 decimal place.
- Fixed a bug causing Tashunke Prowlers to lose trample/stealth negative speed modifiers at random.
ESOC Patch bug fixes
- Monasteries now train the same mercenary units as the Saloon, instead of "repentant" versions of the units. This effectively solves all remaining inconsistencies/errors in "repentant" unit stats, and prevents confusion. Existing Monastery hotkeys remain functional and do not need to be remapped.
- Changdao cover mode attack standardized to deal half the damage of regular attack.
- Indian Monks now have the previously missing AbstractElephant tag.
- Comanche Trade Language now affects Wonder costs.
- Any Chinese villagers can now rebuild the Blockhouse granted by Russian Consulate, as opposed to only rescued villagers.
- "Old Ways" shipment now decreases the cost of Founder big button tech by 50%, instead of greatly increasing its cost in error.
- German Consulate passive effect changed to -20% banner-army food cost; this fixes a bug where German Consulate would cause trained banner-armies to "refund" resources to the player, due to the armies having negative costs.
- "TEAM Early Dragoons" home-city shipment no longer enables German War Wagons, Aztec Eagle Runner Knights and Nobles' Hut. [revert]
- Fixed shipment arrival message of Indian Distributivism misleadingly referring to the card as Agrarianism.
- Recalculated Monastery XP bounties to correct values (45/90 from 20/40).
- Admiralty now correctly affects the European version of Imperial Men-o'-War upgrade.
- Garrochista Lancer unique model/art now activates upon researching the Garrochistas upgrade.
- Corrected references to Crossbows/Longbows in texts (-> Crossbowmen/Longbowmen).
- Fixed an inconsistency where the second Chinese Monk's Stun ability had different ranges than the initial Chinese Monk's Stun ability.
- Stagecoach & Iron Horse shared LoS fully enabled for all six expansion civilizations (previously only available to The Warchiefs civilizations in Campaign or when a match was started in the Post-Industrial/Post-Imperial Age).
- Bonus effects granted by minor native alliances will no longer persist after the alliance has been broken. This affects the granted unique ship (Canoe / Wokou Junk / Catamaran), as well as certain home-city shipments (Native Treaties, Native Crafts).
- Added proper garrison UI for Fishing Boats.
- Adjusted some mixed crate shipments to deliver large crates when possible.
- Fixed an issue preventing Navajo Weaving's effects from being interpreted on the effect details UI.
ESOC Patch map changes
- UIx ESOC Lumaco: added new map by @Rikikipu!
- UIx ESOC Herald Island: changed terrain type to fix bright issues, added buildable terrain type on top of the map, disabled docks.
- UIx ESOC Mendocino: reduced TC distance between members of each team.
- UIx ESOC Manchac: added land terrain on top of TCs.
- UIx ESOC Iowa: revamped entire map, removed lakes.
- UIx ESOC Wadmalaw: remove cliffs, should smooth the map flow.
- UIx ESOC Tassili: changed map design a bit.
- UIx ESOC Thar Desert: added more starting trees, made them and the starting mine closer to the TC.
- UIx ESOC Kamchatka: starting treasure is now always a free macaque, slightly increased number of treasures on map.
- UIx ESOC Tibet: starting treasure is now always a free macaque.
- Observers can now see a rough unit path when selecting a unit which is heading somewhere.
- Fixed an issue where fonts on the integrated Aizamk's Spectator UI wouldn't render correctly unless the standalone version of the UI was previously installed on the computer at some point.
- An error message is now displayed to observers running on an unsupported resolution.
- Fixed an issue in restored game rooms that prevented the host from seeing AI players and being able to ready them up, in order to start the game.
- AI players in restored game rooms are now ready by default.
- Fixed an issue where the observer interface wouldn't show up in restored games.
- Fixed an issue that caused all players in a restored game to gain control groups of whichever player created the savegame file. All players will now always start without control groups.
- Fixed an issue where certain game options could be "inherited" from whichever player created the savegame file. Game options will now be automatically reloaded upon launching into a restored game. Known issue: in some cases, this may cause your game resolution to change.
ESOC Patch Launcher
- Added multi-language support (incomplete; French & Portuguese).
- Added an option to not automatically close EP Launcher when the game starts.
ESOC Patch balance changes
– Before Colonial Age, rescued warriors (treasure rewards) now do 1/4 damage to heroes and villagers
– Outlaw Rifleman (treasure guardian) range and line of sight decreased from 18 and 20 to 15 and 17, respectively
– Pirate (treasure guardian) hitpoints decreased from 600 to 400
– 100c dynamic ("random") starting crate spawn removed (does not impact the 100f+100c spawn)
– Fortress Age councils and politicians (not wonders), except for "The Exiled Prince" and "The Messenger" research points decreased from 110 to 105
– Starting Town Center building placement minimum range no longer applies to Trading Posts
– Native Embassy now available to Chinese, Indians, and Japanese
– Castle cost reduced from 250w, 100c to 250w, 50c (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– Plantation cost reduced from 800w to 600w (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– British Allies hitpoints bonus decreased from 10% to 5%
– Arsonist, Chakram, Grenadier and Young Garde "heavy infantry" tag removed
– Crossbowman inaccuracy removed
– Halberdier hand attack increased from 25 to 28; hand resistance increased from 10% to 20% (Russian Halberdiers adjusted accordingly)
– Spy hitpoints now increases by 25% in Fortress Age
– Jaeger cost increased from 180c to 200c (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– "Cavalry Cuirass" improvement cost reduced from 100w, 300c to 300c
– "Incendiary Grenades" improvement cost reduced from 400w, 300c to 250w, 250c
– "Infantry Breastplate" improvement cost reduced from 200w, 200c to 100w, 100c
– "Socket Bayonet" improvement cost reduced from 400w, 400c to 200w, 200c
– Medicine Man population cost reduced from 1 to 0
– Priest cost reduced from 200c to 150c; bounties adjusted accordingly
– Trading Posts at minor native settlements now grant a trickle of 0.7xp each
– War Chief cover mode added
– Puma Spearman hand attack light infantry multiplier increased from 3 to 3.5
– "5 Coyote Runners" shipment increased to 6 Coyote Runners
– Temple of Xipe Totec shipment now also increases Coyote Runner ranged resistance from 10% to 20%
– Temple of Centeotl shipment now also grants the Macehualtin 1 splash radius (damage cap of 16 added accordingly)
– Eagle Runner Knight speed increased from 6 to 6.5; ranged resistance decreased from 30% to 20%
– Jaguar Prowl Knight hand attack increased from 18 to 20; hitpoints increased from 230 to 240
– Great Temple of Quetzalcoatl Support shipment cost reduced from 2000c to 1500c ("Religious Unity" shipment adjusted accordingly)
– Arrow Knight population cost reduced from 2 to 1; speed increased from 3.75 to 4
– Skull Knight hitpoints increased from 300 to 320
– Great Temple of Huitzilopochtli shipment cost reduced from 2000c to 1500c ("Religious Unity" shipment adjusted accordingly)
– "Guard Longbowmen" and "Imperial Longbowmen" improvements set to available, by default; "Yeomen" shipment updated accordingly
– Rocket train-time decreased from 98s to 90s
– 100w removed from starting crates; dynamic ("random") starting crates added
– Shaolin Master cover mode added; passive-aggressive abilities chance no longer increases to 30% (from 20%) when reaching Colonial Age
– "Old Han Reforms" shipment now includes Keshiks and Steppe Riders; renamed "Old Dynasty Reforms"
– Keshik obstruction radius decreased from 0.79 to 0.65
– "Mongolian" banner-army changed from 3 Keshiks and 3 Hand Mortars to 2 Keshiks and 2 Steppe Riders; cost changed from 495f, 270w to 230f, 170c; train-points decreased from 30 to 25; moved from Fortress to Colonial Age and from Castle to War Academy
– Steppe Rider speed increased from 6.75 to 7.25; obstruction radius decreased from 0.79 to 0.65
– "Black Flag" banner-army changed from 3 Arquebusiers and 1 Flamethrower to 4 Changdao Swordsmen and 2 Meteor Hammers; cost changed from 170w, 425c to 380f, 350c; train-points decreased from 40 to 33; moved from Castle to War Academy
– Envoy train points decreased from 30 to 15
– "Tulip Speculation" shipment increased from +15% to +20% Bank coin trickle
– Coureur Des Bois cost reduced from 125f to 120f
– "TEAM Early Skirmishers" shipment no longer moves Black Flag banner-army from Fortress to Colonial Age; Now moves Imperial and Territorial banner-armies from Fortress to Colonial Age
– Per-shipment xp required increased from 110% to 112%
– "Hire Hessian Jaegers" shipment decreased from 13 to 12 Jaegers
– Brahmin Monk Stomp passive ability moved from Discovery to Colonial Age
– Taj Mahal "Cease Fire" ability duration decreased from 20 to 15 seconds; now also halves all military unit speed
– Ottoman Allies bonus (+10 line-of-sight) no longer applies to buildings; "Levy" improvement cost increased from 200xprt to 250xprt
– Flail Elephant hand attack increased from 5 to 10; population cost reduced from 4 to 3; Mansabdar updated accordingly
– Rajput siege attack increased from 20 to 25; speed increased from 5 to 5.5; Mansabdar updated accordingly
– War Chief hitpoints aura decreased from 15% to 10%
– "Crates of 200 Food, 100 Wood, and 100 Coin" INFINITE shipment decreased to 100f, 100w, 100c [revert]
– Siege Workshop cost reduced from 300w to 200w (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– Samurai hand attack increased from 25 to 28
– Yabusame ranged attack increased from 8 to 9
– "Koprulu Viziers" improvement moved from Colonial to Discovery Age
– "Tanzimat" improvement moved from Industrial to Fortress Age
– Imam heal-rate increased from 10 to 20 hitpoints per second
– Spahi ranged resistance increased from 10% to 20%
– Great Bombard train-time decreased from 115s to 100s
– 100f added to starting crates [revert]
– Berry and hunting gather-rates increased by 5%
– Settler cost increased from 85f to 100f [revert]
– "Besteiros" improvement cost reduced from 2400w to 2000w
– "Gunpowder Infantry Attack" shipment moved from Industrial to Colonial Age
– "TEAM Gunpowder Infantry Hitpoints" shipment moved from Industrial to Fortress Age
– Cassador ranged attack "rate-of-fire" increased (nerfed) from 3.0 to 4.5; ranged attack increased from 17 to 25
– Organ Gun limber mode speed increased from 1.6 to 2.4; train-points decreased from 45 to 40
– Musketeer batch cost increased from 270f, 90c to 285f, 95c [from -4% cost to +1% cost]
– Teepee gather-rate aura increased from 3% to 5%; no longer stacks; range decreased from 24 to 18
– Teepee hitpoints aura increased from 7% to 10% [revert]
– "Aggressive Expansion" shipment increased from +2% to +5% Teepee gather-rate aura; now also increases all Teepee auras' range from 18 to 24
– "4 Villagers" shipment added [revert]
– Brand new "5 Villagers" shipment added to Colonial Age removed [revert]
– War Club hand attack increased from 10 to 12
– Rifle Rider cost reduced from 120f, 100c to 120f, 90c (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– "Great Hunter" shipment increased from +20% to +25% berry and hunting gather-rates
– "Adoption" shipment increased from -25% to -40% Villager train-time
– War Chief ranged resistance increase from 10% to 30% moved from Fortress to Colonial Age
– "Unction" shipment now comes with 2 Missionaries
– "Unction" shipment attack aura increased from +4% to +5% attack per Missionary [revert]
– "Caballeros" shipment changed from +1 hand attack infantry multiplier to +1 hand attack infantry multiplier and +1 hand attack range for Lancers
- @Thrar for persistent launcher
- @Kao for multi-language launcher, @lemmings121 for contributing translations
- @Rikikipu for map updates of Thar Desert, Tassili, Wadmalaw, Iowa, Manchac, Mendocino, Herald Island, and a brand new map Lumaco
- @Kaiserklein for the treasure rework project, along with @Mitoe and @Garja
- @Kevsoft for his work on UHC2 (2x shipments fix, wagon fix, rof fix, dm fix, cover mode fix, gather fix, cease fire, unit path, customprotounitcommands, high-poly cliffs toggle, tech effects unapplying, healing dance fix, stun animation fix, damage bonus multiplier display fix, Tashunke Prowler unique ability fix, TechStatus2 effect)