EP 7.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: EP 7.0.x Beta [2019-08-15]

Post by zoom »

dansil92 wrote:"Grenadier "Heavy Infantry" unit-tag removed"

Hooray! Finally they can counter massed infantry like they are supposed to! Also they can now be hard countered by asian cav, which is a big step forward in balance as well. Looking forward to potential for this unit, especially vs iro, aztec russia and japan.

The halb buff scares me, especially considering how powerful the dutch ones could become. I'll be interested to see if this affects dutch meta.

Rajput buff is equally scary on an already ridiculous melee unit. Still dont know if they will be used.

Arrow knights to one pop is nice, erks with 20rr but still getting hit harder by skirms (2x instead of 1.5x) seems harsh. Coyote buff is also nice.

Keshiks too op already but this will be interesting :lol:

Spain seems slightly improved as well, something im very happy with, that range buff means rod-lancers wont bump quite as much

On a more technical note: was the flail elephant damage cap on melee damage adjusted at all? I know it is exceptionally high (like 7x the base damage), and if it scaled with the doubling in damage they actually could be quite scary (read: much scarier than sowars).

Great work guys! Love this list it is very exciting stuff
Failephant damage cap has not been adjusted. Rest assured, it would have been noted. It's something worth considering, in the future, but it seems unwise when you're already doubling the unit's attack – not to mention buffing its population cost, as well as castles.

The ERK is very strong. The ranged resistance nerf will help facilitate the buffs to other Aztec units (it will help their viability, and reduce the risk of the civilization becoming OP), as well as its speed buff.

Please keep in mind that current changes are not at all final, though.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Mitoe wrote:I don't think you would use Mongolian Army in Fortress. Black Flag seems like it's too good in some situations though.
I definitely consider it a possibility. There are some options, there. Will be keeping a close eye on that, too!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Luciofrancosi wrote:I really like the changes specially the cdbs cost being reverted!! I am a bit unsure about players not being able to see the x2 disappears from Japanese deck though, I know Japan needed a bit of a buff but being able to see the x2 always seemed to me as a good compensation for them having twice as many shipments as other civs!!
I don't necessarily have much an opinion, on that change, myself, but it's popular among players, and Eaglemut assures me it's a bug, to boot.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

scarm wrote:You maybe should consider a new way of organizing the patch notes in the future if a lot of those changes go through (/the amount of changes from RE in general increases), e.g. by making categories per Civ for Unit Changes / HC Changes / Mechanics changes and putting those in separate spoilers. Otherwise it will be impossible to even remotely understand whats going on for new players without reading 2 hours worth of patchnotes which you can't memorize even 30% of.
I think investigating making improvements to the patch notes format is a good idea, in general. Will consider it, for full releases and the effective patch notes.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:Oh god not a fan.
I hope to get feedback from you, so that the changes get improved, and you become more of a fan.
:chinese:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Dsy wrote:Some intresting stuffs:

Unit Hitpoints = 110
Unit Attack = 10
Unit Rate Of Fire = 1.5
Unit Melee Or Ranged Resistance = 30
Unit Food Cost = 115
Unit Coin Cost = 0
Unit Wood Cost = 0
Power Index = 83.841210
Finished

Unit Hitpoints = 265
Unit Attack = 13
Unit Rate Of Fire = 1.5
Unit Melee Or Ranged Resistance = 0
Unit Food Cost = 100
Unit Coin Cost = 60
Unit Wood Cost = 0
Power Index = 71.797968
Finished

Keshik now more cost effective than cav archer. Their old stat: Power Index = 67.072968
With a valid training option its definitely viable. Dont know how it will end though. Since its powerfull and aviable in age 2 the same time.

Unit Hitpoints = 150
Unit Attack = 15
Unit Rate Of Fire = 1.5
Unit Melee Or Ranged Resistance = 30
Unit Food Cost = 0
Unit Coin Cost = 85
Unit Wood Cost = 0
Power Index = 160.158181
Finished

Unit Hitpoints = 320
Unit Attack = 30
Unit Rate Of Fire = 1.5
Unit Melee Or Ranged Resistance = 20
Unit Food Cost = 120
Unit Coin Cost = 80
Unit Wood Cost = 0
Power Index = 157.312723
Finished

Steppe rider seems ok also...
I'm not sure as to the formula you're using, but I can confidently say that the Keshik is not going to be more powerful than the Cavalry Archer, per cost.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Dsy wrote:Uhlan cost increased from 50f, 100c to 65f, 100c; hitpoints increased from 180 to 190

Was not mentioned. But i guess bounty changed accordingly.
Good point. Will investigate and update, if needed.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

edeholland wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
edeholland wrote:You cannot express the strength of a unit in a single number.

Add me to the EP discussion team btw?
@zoom Can I?
Absolutely. I don't know why Diarouga is pretending as though he has to ask in a thread, though. He was invited, along with the rest of the so privileged.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

zoom wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes
@zoom Can I?
Absolutely. I don't know why Diarouga is pretending as though he has to ask in a thread, though. He was invited, along with the rest of the so privileged.
He was invited but not yet added, so I understand him asking about it. He's added now.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Impatience, perhaps.

Thank you!
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

It wasn't specifically mentioned (unless i missed it) - the china old han reforms change, did it add 50% cost to those units?
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

Why are Germans not getting the 300f 200w start removed?
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

One more stupid question: grens and arsonists lose HI tag but did chakrams?
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Seems like a very large number of moderately impacting changes which each on their own can be debated whether they are good or not but there is no way of knowing how these changes affect the all the match up combinations. I trust the player forum to discuss the more controversial changes as some changes seem drastic for general EP patch update.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

zoom wrote:
Dsy wrote:Uhlan cost increased from 50f, 100c to 65f, 100c; hitpoints increased from 180 to 190

Was not mentioned. But i guess bounty changed accordingly.
Good point. Will investigate and update, if needed.
It is updated, but missing from the patch notes. Thanks for pointing it out!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

dansil92 wrote:It wasn't specifically mentioned (unless i missed it) - the china old han reforms change, did it add 50% cost to those units?
20% – the effect is identical to that on the Old Han army units.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Scroogie wrote:Why are Germans not getting the 300f 200w start removed?
In brief, because I am not going to fix the crates of one civilization, unless as an experiment to test its impact. You either fix all civilizations' crates, or float Chinese ones; you don't have one other civilization's crates fixed, bringing the number of exceptions from 1/14 to 2/14. That would be inconsistent and terribly ugly, for design purposes. Pursuing other options makes more sense, then.

In general, I am hesitant to fixing starting crates, when it's such a controversial change. At the very least, it's not something I think is wise to do, right now.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

dansil92 wrote:One more stupid question: grens and arsonists lose HI tag but did chakrams?
Not yet.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Seems like a very large number of moderately impacting changes which each on their own can be debated whether they are good or not but there is no way of knowing how these changes affect the all the match up combinations. I trust the player forum to discuss the more controversial changes as some changes seem drastic for general EP patch update.
Although I agree with your point, I don't think most of them are significant to inter-civ balance. I think a minority of them are, though. We'll see where things end up.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I doubt this needs to be changed in the beta, but when testing stuff yesterday I found that the 'new' Chinese armies can't be made in the fort from the Russian consulate

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

What about slowing German xp progression by a bit more? Currently it seems more like that they are getting buffed, the extra 10hp bring a lot to the table, and most uhlans will still be free. A slower shipment progression would make the TP start less strong and make the semi-FF and FF much more punishable. Germany would become a kind of more risk/more reward version of France, instead of a just strictly better one. (Yea France has muskets, but thats only for colonial and France cant stay colonial vs pretty much every civ anyways).
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Scroogie wrote:What about slowing German xp progression by a bit more? Currently it seems more like that they are getting buffed, the extra 10hp bring a lot to the table, and most uhlans will still be free. A slower shipment progression would make the TP start less strong and make the semi-FF and FF much more punishable. Germany would become a kind of more risk/more reward version of France, instead of a just strictly better one. (Yea France has muskets, but thats only for colonial and France cant stay colonial vs pretty much every civ anyways).

I think you'd have to make the church changes for XP as has been mentioned, as to not destroy Germany on no-TP maps. With fixed 200w, seems like a good change.
mad cuz bad
European Union Scroogie
Lancer

Post by Scroogie »

n0el wrote:
Scroogie wrote:What about slowing German xp progression by a bit more? Currently it seems more like that they are getting buffed, the extra 10hp bring a lot to the table, and most uhlans will still be free. A slower shipment progression would make the TP start less strong and make the semi-FF and FF much more punishable. Germany would become a kind of more risk/more reward version of France, instead of a just strictly better one. (Yea France has muskets, but thats only for colonial and France cant stay colonial vs pretty much every civ anyways).

I think you'd have to make the church changes for XP as has been mentioned, as to not destroy Germany on no-TP maps. With fixed 200w, seems like a good change.

What kind of church changes do you mean?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

The church grants an xp trickle, but maybe costs 250 W.
mad cuz bad
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

those china buffs are spicy. Though I do want to ask if the crossbow inaccuracy change will affect other arrow units as well (cav archers, lbs, archers and cnk). perfectly accurate cnk sounds op