EP 7.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: EP 7.0.x Beta [2019-08-26]

Post by princeofcarthage »

Ah okay didn't read that /sarcasm tag my bad
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Cometk wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Cometk wrote:I, too, agree that most of the games content should be unusable garbage

why, why make unusable garbage in first place then, if you dont want diversity fine but dont steal from others.

I was being a bit of a sarcastic dickhead to the commenter above me.

I like changes that make useless content useful in a tasteful way. Unfortunately it seems there are a lot of players who are content with 65% of cards and 30% of units being mostly unviable.

The issue is that by doing that, all the civs end up being the same.

Currently China is very strong in age3 but weak in age2, that makes it a ff civ.
Buff the colonial units and it will become another semi ff civ.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Kinda sucks when an entire civilization is reduced to one strategy
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

from bad players vision I dont understand why change chinese
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Cometk wrote:Kinda sucks when an entire civilization is reduced to one strategy

There are many variations of the FF it's not only one strategy.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

As long as the FF isn't nerfed china can still pull it off consistently, even after a buff to colonial. EP shouldn't be too intrusive, i agree, but increasing options is mostly beneficial from my perspective. China should still be a FF civ but staying in colonial shouldn't mean autolose for them.

Anyway the mono-strategy civ problem is more relevant with civs like dutch than china imo.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

on EP, the option "enable friend or foe colors" doesn't work anymore, at least not for me. can it be fixed? It works if i turn it on off in game, but when I start a game with the option turned on, it doesn't automatically start with friend foe colors.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Or just alt f, that's the hotkey for it anyway

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Ive realised your problem with china.
Its melee + ranged cav beats the cav which makes its semi ff stronger than any other euro civ. I guess?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Cometk wrote:I was being a bit of a sarcastic dickhead to the commenter above me.

I like changes that make useless content useful in a tasteful way. Unfortunately it seems there are a lot of players who are content with 65% of cards and 30% of units being mostly unviable.

Accusing me (of all people) of this is laughable. I am just against completely changing one card in some random direction while other cards could be made useful with just slight tweaks to their numbers or changes consistent with what other civs get from similar cards:
9 holcans => 12 holcans etc. to match the tiger claws value
Euro church techs granting a church wagon like the Asian ones do, etc.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Imperial Noob wrote:
Cometk wrote:I was being a bit of a sarcastic dickhead to the commenter above me.

Accusing me (of all people) of this is laughable. I am just against completely changing one card in some random direction while other cards could be made useful with just slight tweaks to their numbers or changes consistent with what other civs get from similar cards:

Why are you of all people impervious to critique?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Riotcoke wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:

Because I was one of the few returning posters in every other grenadier, nat and obscure card thread, who commented on the indifference of ESOC team members towards various change propositions for the past 3 years.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Imperial Noob wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Because I was one of the few returning posters in every other grenadier, nat and obscure card thread, who commented on the indifference of ESOC team members towards various change propositions for the past 3 years.

What do you mean by ESOC team members?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Riotcoke wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That's who had the power to change something whole this time but didn't take the will to change further, into first echelon discussions. It feels weird when a violet shirt tells me that I am a reactionary.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Imperial Noob wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Because that's who had the power to change something whole this time. It feels weird when a violet shirt tells me that I am a reactionary.

Yes, but who, i assume you just mean the EP team, which is Zoi only and used to be GS.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Riotcoke wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Because that's who had the power to change something whole this time. It feels weird when a violet shirt tells me that I am a reactionary.

Yes, but who, i assume you just mean the EP team, which is Zoi only and used to be GS.

The two rarely if ever descended to such conversations. Much less to express support. If they did, changes would have happened gradually, over the past years. It's not that it takes years to come up with the idea of adding more resource value to some cards and see what happens. It was ill will from the beginning, which only recently disappeared. Other staff members held the line by being conservative and defensive about EP minimalism. (not all, see: Edeholland, Interjection, MrBramboy(IIRC)). That's why the newest patch was such a refreshment.

P.S. If you say that no-one had power to challenge the legislative for being too conservative, then why was that topic not brought up in the staff discord, etc.?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

So you're complaining about people who don't make the decisions not implementing them, nice.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Riotcoke wrote:Or just alt f, that's the hotkey for it anyway

or just read the post... i say it works if you turn it on in game, aka with alt-f. but it should automatically turn on with the option. Theres an automated button for a reason... so i dont have to press alt-f every fucking game...
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

But hasn't China been reduced to a one strategy civ because Old Han got nerfed? Almost no one FI's anymore with them. They were unique because of these options, instead everyone is complaining they are one dimensional and now wants to standardise them even more by giving them less age 2 weaknesses. Just seems to me, if you were a new player who loved China on RE and you heard about EP and decided to give it a try and you go to play China, you would find it looking completely different than what you knew and loved.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

China is still probably one of the best civs to FI with, if not the very best civ. And the chinese FF is just as strong as on re if the meteor hammer nerf (of EP 7 Beta) gets removed (and you don't consider the livestock fattening nerf).
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

wardyb1 wrote:

But hasn't China been reduced to a one strategy civ because Old Han got nerfed? Almost no one FI's anymore with them. They were unique because of these options, instead everyone is complaining they are one dimensional and now wants to standardise them even more by giving them less age 2 weaknesses. Just seems to me, if you were a new player who loved China on RE and you heard about EP and decided to give it a try and you go to play China, you would find it looking completely different than what you knew and loved.

Not really. The FI is stronger on EP because the maps have more resources in base. You mostly couldn’t afford to ship old Han reforms in RE very early anyways (unless it was an insane livestock map), you rely on the power of the academy for the Skirm and crows, the rattan shields, and the infinite crow shipment.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

usually you could. and the res in base were usually fine on re maps too. But in any case, you don't send old han as first card, you first ship 2x 21 bow and pike and then old hon, most of the time. Old han is more of a prolonged industrial plan, rather than ship 1 IV shipment and then timing push kinda thing. EP FI is still strong, but you could do that type of FI on RE as well, and I sometimes did in some mu's. Not having a viable old han definitely takes away from China's strategic depth. At the same time, it was definitely too strong once you stabilized and got production going. But now it's just useless. Hopefully a middle ground will be found at some point.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

FI definetely more viable on EP let's be real.
As for old han it's not like now it's terrible that you can't FI for it.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Either way china FI is easily one of the strongest, regardless of old han, and we still see quite a lot of them tbh. Mitoe, umeu, lukas sometimes go FI with china, among other players.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Yep, but still, you shouldn't even have old han in your deck.