EP 7.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: EP 7.0.x Beta [2019-10-28]

Post by zoom »

flontier wrote:The 13 jaeger shipment wasn't supposed to be nerf ?
It already has been nerfed. Please refer to the OP for effective V3 patch notes (ones from EP6 to current beta version).

Please note that the plan is to replace the Germans TP nerf with a shipment penalty nerf (so that shipments take more xp to accrue), once implementing an xp trickle to minor native alliances is possible. In the mean time, this change is simply the result of player feedback generally rejecting nerfs to the broken Settler Wagon shipments – as well as other alternatives – while insisting that the civilization be nerfed on TP maps (tough crowd, sometimes). It is imperfect in design, and perfect in effect.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Majora_ wrote:are these india updates serious?
Absolutely—although I hope to include a fix to the Brahmin Monk stun ability (so that it isn't impossible to use on moving targets). The reason it isn't included, yet, is that it's complicated to implement, technically.

As for the other changes to the Indians, the civilization is consistently rated as overpowered, by players, and both British and Ottoman allies are overviable, to say the least. The latter breaking wall line of sight is unacceptable, too. The Rajput nerf is intended to minimize risks of overbuffing the unit, thus avoiding adverse effects.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Kawapasaka wrote:I demand more Iro nerfs and buff china pls very weak civ
I don't know quite what you think, but Chinese is unlikely to be above average, on this current beta. On top of British Allies being nerfed from 10% to 5% (which is a significant nerf to the civilization) I think many players misunderstand that the previous perceived strength of the civilization has less to do with its balance, and more to do with its inherent imbalance with crate starts, which is now resolved, and previously caused it to be much stronger on certain crate starts, than others. Like I've noted, elsewhere:

"I think that what many players attribute to the civilization with a tp (or without, really; the point is more so the crate start than the TP itself) is actually attributable to it being able to build one without its opponent being so, in 60% of games. Chinese just overperforms on those 60% of starts, so players intuitively attribute that to the tp (or the civilization in general), without realizing that it's only relatively strong(er) in the 60% of cases (crate starts) where the opponent gets no wood and cannot build one, as a result.

Now that Chinese no longer gets wood where the opponent does not – and conversely gets extra resources where the opponent does – the civilization will be much more balanced, by default, and possible to balance, in the first place, by extension.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Aykin Haraka wrote:i'm happy i don't play anymore
I'm sad there isn't more constructive feedback.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

pérez wrote:I would just decrease 15% boyars to 10% for cosaacks and keep 15% for the other units boyars affects too and i would revert rusket cost like ep6 or just like RE cost but dont make them more expensive lol
As I've explained, in the beta forum, the idea is to eliminate a problematic and unusual decimal cost, which results in a bug where you aren't able to afford something, despite having the resources for it, according to the game. The impact on balance is marginal.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Never thought a decimal point be so impactful on a balance decision lmao
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Many great changes!

I don't get why every single unit the Aztecs have is buffed though. It's not like they have weak units. Why are the skull knights buffed? They are only a part of the FI strategy and if the Aztecs reach IV successfully without taking too much damage they have one of the best compositions with the skull knights, mace and the warchief anyway.

Adding 1 extra splash is essentially doubling the damage a unit does, so the macehualtin change is a bit strange considering the unit is already very powerful.

China is going to be a completely different civ now with the consulate changes, the treasure changes, the crate changes and the banner army changes. Needs testing. :)
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

In my opinion its much better to buff civ that need a buff and dont touch the others.

Where we can try this beta patch? i need to practise this spanish stuff.
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

chronique wrote:In my opinion its much better to buff civ that need a buff and dont touch the others.

Where we can try this beta patch? i need to practise this spanish stuff.
When you launch the esoc patch, you can switch to ep beta in tools section

France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

nice!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

For now – since I forgot, earlier – I wish to share that I am currently targeting a release in about a month's time; after the current TWC2 event has concluded. There will be at least one more update to the beta, before release.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Just saw this bug change: Indian Monks now have the previously missing AbstractElephant tag.

Any balance consequences of this or just a tag fix?
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

zoom wrote:
Aykin Haraka wrote:i'm happy i don't play anymore
I'm sad there isn't more constructive feedback.
To be fair, all of the posts that discussed changes were locked to certain people so that will inherently cut down feedback. People won't feel like giving feedback post changes as they have already been cut out of the discussion.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Relevant people were allowed to chat in beta forums. I guess cheating in the biggest tourney in the last 10 years makes you irrelevant.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

yurashic wrote:Many great changes!

I don't get why every single unit the Aztecs have is buffed though. It's not like they have weak units. Why are the skull knights buffed? They are only a part of the FI strategy and if the Aztecs reach IV successfully without taking too much damage they have one of the best compositions with the skull knights, mace and the warchief anyway.

Adding 1 extra splash is essentially doubling the damage a unit does, so the macehualtin change is a bit strange considering the unit is already very powerful.

China is going to be a completely different civ now with the consulate changes, the treasure changes, the crate changes and the banner army changes. Needs testing. :)
We tested skull knights before and after the temple card and the damage difference is more or less 8%. The damage is spread over more units so it might have a bigger impact with higher numbers of skull knights, but we haven’t tested more than 1 skull knight yet. So far the results suggest that the card was underwhelming to begin with.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

gamevideo113 wrote:

We tested skull knights before and after the temple card and the damage difference is more or less 8%. The damage is spread over more units so it might have a bigger impact with higher numbers of skull knights, but we haven’t tested more than 1 skull knight yet. So far the results suggest that the card was underwhelming to begin with.
I didn't mention the skull knight card at all, read my comment again please.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

yurashic wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:

i think what he means is that +1 area splash is not that of a big buff
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

yurashic wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:

Dunno where's my mind. :(
Yeah i agree the mace card seems very strong, i am curious to see how it performs. Maybe it will be too powerful.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Sargsyan wrote:
yurashic wrote:
Show hidden quotes
i think what he means is that +1 area splash is not that of a big buff
Well, that was just a brain fart to be perfectly honest, but yeah, +1 area of effect doesn't exactly mean 2x damage and also units with only 1 area of effect are usually underwhelming as "area of effect units" - see Iron Fails. I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Id say the mace card is actually worth 1000 coin now, but i doubt it will be too powerful. Vs units that bunch up too much like ruyters it will be noticeable but i doubt it has a huge impact in normal circumstances. Also it means you have to get to fortress age and spend 1000 coin to get it, which is unlikely to happen with much frequency
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

pérez wrote:I would just decrease 15% boyars to 10% for cosaacks and keep 15% for the other units boyars affects too and i would revert rusket cost like ep6 or just like RE cost but dont make them more expensive lol
indeed they are already disgusting then the cost = rip
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Spanish xp bonus is not suppose to be improved?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

zoom wrote:
I don't know quite what you think, but Chinese is unlikely to be above average, on this current beta. On top of British Allies being nerfed from 10% to 5% (which is a significant nerf to the civilization) I think many players misunderstand that the previous perceived strength of the civilization has less to do with its balance, and more to do with its inherent imbalance with crate starts, which is now resolved, and previously caused it to be much stronger on certain crate starts, than others.
W8 wat? when did the Brit consulate nerf happen? i havent seen this in the patch notes.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

helln00 wrote:
zoom wrote:
I don't know quite what you think, but Chinese is unlikely to be above average, on this current beta. On top of British Allies being nerfed from 10% to 5% (which is a significant nerf to the civilization) I think many players misunderstand that the previous perceived strength of the civilization has less to do with its balance, and more to do with its inherent imbalance with crate starts, which is now resolved, and previously caused it to be much stronger on certain crate starts, than others.
W8 wat? when did the Brit consulate nerf happen? i havent seen this in the patch notes.
Well, check this thread.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
helln00 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Well, check this thread.
I'm probably just blind but i cant seem to find a mention of nerfed brit consulate anywhere on the thread except for the zoom comment , can you help me by just pointing it out so my brain registers it once?