EP 7.0.x Beta [RELEASED-LIVE]

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: EP 7.0.x Beta [2019-11-20]

Post by Kaiserklein »

@aqwer totally the opposite. Xp trickle would be a buff for otto because they rely on shipments more than most other civs, and can even afford 200w for a nat post with starting crates. Plus otto is one of the fastest civs so they can nat rush just fine. I actually think nat rush would become very hard to beat for a lot of civs on no tp vs otto now, probably too hard.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Kaiserklein wrote:@aqwer totally the opposite. Xp trickle would be a buff for otto because they rely on shipments more than most other civs, and can even afford 200w for a nat post with starting crates. Plus otto is one of the fastest civs so they can nat rush just fine. I actually think nat rush would become very hard to beat for a lot of civs on no tp vs otto now, probably too hard.
I think it will not be that good because ottoman eco is weak and most native units are weak or bad as compared to their cost. But I would love to see that working like you said.
#trainableSpahi
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I mean, otto is probably the best civ for a nat rush currently, so I don't know what you mean. Otto eco isn't bad early on, since they don't pay for vils. And with the xp from the mosque and the nat post they would have the equivalent of more than a tp...

Ofc you would do it only on maps with good nats like incas or nootkas
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I want see some nat rush just next to the tc :) . Otto noutka rush can kill your tc before your age up :D
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Mostly because they age fast. But ye, in general because of the nat card. Anyway this nat thing isnt a nerf to otto.
Image Image Image
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Another idea to make Otto more competitive on non tp maps:
Just let the mosque xp trickle get doubled with every age up till age IV. We can start from 0.5 xp/sec.
#trainableSpahi
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Another idea to make Otto more competitive on non tp maps:
Stop making non TP maps. Taking away such a core strategic option in the game will never lead to better balance. It's like making maps where you can't build a barracks, or where you can't go to age 3. It just doesn't make sense and is always going to screw over some civs.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

RefluxSemantic wrote:Another idea to make Otto more competitive on non tp maps:
Stop making non TP maps. Taking away such a core strategic option in the game will never lead to better balance. It's like making maps where you can't build a barracks, or where you can't go to age 3. It just doesn't make sense and is always going to screw over some civs.
I wouldn't say that bcz
1- it adds diversity in map pool
2- it is good for some civs as tp maps are good for some civs

I just want that every civ should have fighting chance.
#trainableSpahi
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Our fine developers Eaglemut and Kevsoft have managed to resolve a number of issues more, resulting in – among other things – the ability to implement an xp-trickle for native TPs (and through it a more optimal Germans nerf, too), and an improvement to the stun ability of monks (which will allow the Indian Heroes to properly use the ability on moving targets).

Please be advised that the beta will see at least one more update, before release. This update was conceived to resolve certain issues that became apparent after the release of the previous one.
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Post by Zeke »

A quick suggestion to the wall in the current patch, as the bastion is still sort of op in fortress.
Wall in age I and II, keeps as the same (1.5k hp, 1 LOS);
Wall in age III, auto-upgrade to the wall in RE (3k hp and 4 LOS), construction time increases 50% (the same time as the one after bastion in the current patch), bastion tech disabled;
Wall in age IV, able to tech bastion (cost also depends on the amount of wall built when upgrading the tech), cost of wall increases to 10w, construction time remains the same in the current patch (+50% compares to RE).
For example, if u built 10 wall segments when upgrading bastion, the cost will be 400w600c + 5*10w

Hope this can provide a solution to turtle behind the wall, and makes walls balanced in fortress as well
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Post by stanleywinston »

Are Agra Fort hotkeys fixed in this patch? I can't seem to get them working :D
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

stanleywinston wrote:Are Agra Fort hotkeys fixed in this patch? I can't seem to get them working :D
If you mean fixed as in disabled by anti-cheat or something, no, they are allowed.
If you mean fixed as in added to the game interface or something, also no.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I really like the walls suggestion by Zeke, but with a changing bastion price to something like 600c + x*y w so that it is cheaper when you don't have any walls. maybe it would also make sense to make walls even more expensive post-bastion, your eco can probably afford this anyway in IV
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

aqwer wrote:
I wouldn't say that bcz

So, and hear me out here, you could just balance for TP maps? Instead of trying to have half the civs good on non tp maps and half good on tp maps, because that makes little sense. Just make the game fun on the maps where there are the most options?
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Its obvious that if we want the most balence game, we need to add tp on all maps, some with 3/4 tp and some with only 2. But i am not sure it's on the table.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
aqwer wrote:
I wouldn't say that bcz

So, and hear me out here, you could just balance for TP maps? Instead of trying to have half the civs good on non tp maps and half good on tp maps, because that makes little sense. Just make the game fun on the maps where there are the most options?
That's pretty much what the ep policy has been
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It makes absolute sense to have no TP maps too, since TP is just a part of the game and not the whole game. Dynamics on no TP maps are different and they're often even more interesting.
Image Image Image
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Garja wrote:It makes absolute sense to have no TP maps too, since TP is just a part of the game and not the whole game. Dynamics on no TP maps are different and they're often even more interesting.
Yes Russia India games over and over again are so interesting !

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Garja wrote:It makes absolute sense to have no TP maps too, since TP is just a part of the game and not the whole game. Dynamics on no TP maps are different and they're often even more interesting.
If balance was better then sure.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Balance isn't set in stone. What you and Riot refers to is just meta. I mean Russia isn't even that dominant on no TP maps and India is just India really.
TP only is a shit argument anyway. By the same logic all maps should have some water because otherwise some civs can't fully use their advantages.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

We're always balancing on standard maps first, since it's the majority of maps and, well, it's our standards. Meanwhile trying to tweak some stuff on the less standard maps to make them a bit more balanced without breaking the standard maps balance. Can't really do much more than that.
While it's not possible to balance on all kinds of maps, removing all the non standard maps (no tp, 5 tp, low res...) would just be boring as fuck. Might as well play on arkansas every game then.

But yeah, hopefully we find ways to make more civs viable on these non standard maps. That's what zoi is trying to do with his native post xp trickle change (though I dislike the change itself) for no tp maps, and that's what happened with 70w boats for water maps. We need to keep going in that direction.
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Re: EP 7.0.x Beta [2019-08-15]

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

Cometk wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:- Fixed an issue that prevented players from hosting Deathmatch games.
Haha
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Garja wrote:Balance isn't set in stone. What you and Riot refers to is just meta. I mean Russia isn't even that dominant on no TP maps and India is just India really.
TP only is a shit argument anyway. By the same logic all maps should have some water because otherwise some civs can't fully use their advantages.
The meta argument is a joke, german have a bonus based on xp, russian not, so is cleary not a meta probleme if tp map is better for german rather than russia.
And the same logic can be applied for water, the fact is not so many peaple abuse of that, but if some civ are broken on water and bad on land, that can be a probleme.

So or the tp and water are designed to be viable but not necessary for any civ, or the game will continue to be unbalanced.
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Post by stanleywinston »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
stanleywinston wrote:Are Agra Fort hotkeys fixed in this patch? I can't seem to get them working :D
If you mean fixed as in disabled by anti-cheat or something, no, they are allowed.
If you mean fixed as in added to the game interface or something, also no.
Is it possible to implement it in the patch?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

chronique wrote:
Garja wrote:Balance isn't set in stone. What you and Riot refers to is just meta. I mean Russia isn't even that dominant on no TP maps and India is just India really.
The meta argument is a joke, german have a bonus based on xp, russian not, so is cleary not a meta probleme if tp map is better for german rather than russia.
And the same logic can be applied for water, the fact is not so many peaple abuse of that, but if some civ are broken on water and bad on land, that can be a probleme.

So or the tp and water are designed to be viable but not necessary for any civ, or the game will continue to be unbalanced.
No civ is broken on TP and bad on non TP and same for water/no water.
Image Image Image