The Janissary Question

Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Re: The Janissary Question

Post by aqwer »

Kaiserklein wrote:You can't just isolate a unit and be like "it's so good" or "it's so bad" etc. I could argue that uhlans need to be buffed because they're crappy cav, or that we should give xbows 20 attack because they're probably the worst RI unit in the game.

But in fact you have to put the unit in its context. Yes, abus are broken, we've seen it on stream many times. Why don't we see ff into mass abus every game? Because otto doesn't usually have the eco early on to spam abus while being fortress and making anti cav. So you see, it's more complex than just "stats". If brits could train abus, I can tell you their stats would be heavily nerfed.

So, as long as there's no obvious problem, why do you want to change the unit so much? To me, it seems like otto is rather balanced atm, and jans do fine. You're inventing problems where there aren't any.
Fair point about context , can you please tell me why India should have so powerful sepoy, how is it justified? Bad eco? No other units? No other anticav?
Or what else. Bcz they are just dominating early game and still strong after that.
#trainableSpahi
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Like I already said, sepoys are too strong, it's a well known fact. What's your point? What do you want me to do about it?
Either way, giving +5 melee to jans is absolutely braindead and has nothing to do with sepoys...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

"Mamelouk are op, why not giving +100 hp and 0.30 range res to hussard, that's unfair!!!"
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Kaiserklein wrote:Like I already said, sepoys are too strong, it's a well known fact. What's your point? What do you want me to do about it?
Either way, giving +5 melee to jans is absolutely braindead and has nothing to do with sepoys...
Sepoy are not just strong they are op. I am just saying that either buff jan hand attack or reduce sepoys.
Why so much haste in nerfing a unit that was mediocre anticav but much resistance to do the same for sepoys, which are borderline broken.
#trainableSpahi
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

chronique wrote:"Mamelouk are op, why not giving +100 hp and 0.30 range res to hussard, that's unfair!!!"
Mams are mercenary while huss is not. And the so called "op" shipment is already nerfed. And never saw someone going to i industrial to train them, at least not in competitive games
#trainableSpahi
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Is it not obvious that you are the only one who feels this way? Do you perhaps want to make a poll?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

aqwer wrote: Mams are mercenary while huss is not. And the so called "op" shipment is already nerfed. And never saw someone going to i industrial to train them, at least not in competitive games
I dont said the shipment is op, i said the mamelouk are, and if mam have been moove age 3 to age 4 in the monastery it's for a reason. I'am happy that you can see the non sense of my comment becouse this is my point, it's an analogy with your comments (reductio ad absurdum).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

aqwer wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Like I already said, sepoys are too strong, it's a well known fact. What's your point? What do you want me to do about it?
Sepoy are not just strong they are op. I am just saying that either buff jan hand attack or reduce sepoys.
Why so much haste in nerfing a unit that was mediocre anticav but much resistance to do the same for sepoys, which are borderline broken.
You realize sepoys were nerfed already right? Probably more so than jans, since jans at least cost 10 less food now.
I'm gonna stop arguing now because this is a waste of time. Don't you realize that literally no one agreed with you in this thread? You're the only one who believes there's a problem here.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Kaiserklein wrote:
aqwer wrote:
You realize sepoys were nerfed already right? Probably more so than jans, since jans at least cost 10 less food now.
I'm gonna stop arguing now because this is a waste of time. Don't you realize that literally no one agreed with you in this thread? You're the only one who believes there's a problem here.
Yeah 10 hp nerf :ugly:.
So why not give sepoy 25 less hp and - 10 food cost and give - 10 hp to jans, since you are claiming that sepoys were nerfed more. So you should not have a problem with it.
#trainableSpahi
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

man just drop it
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

just remove otto
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

aqwer wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes
So why not give sepoy 25 less hp and - 10 food cost and give - 10 hp to jans, since you are claiming that sepoys were nerfed more. So you should not have a problem with it.
-20 HP on a sepoy is the same % of HP nerf as -25 HP on a jan, so we could go with 170 HP and 80f/30g sepoys. And they would just be stronger than the current 180 HP 90f/30g sepoys. So you're just wrong.
Anyway, you're just trying to turn your initial ridiculous statement of "let's give jans 20 melee attack" into "why don't we nerf sepoys"... Nice way to change the topic when you were clearly proven wrong by like, everyone in this thread. Like what the fuck, just admit you were wrong and move on, cut the losses
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Kaiserklein wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Show hidden quotes
-20 HP on a sepoy is the same % of HP nerf as -25 HP on a jan, so we could go with 170 HP and 80f/30g sepoys. And they would just be stronger than the current 180 HP 90f/30g sepoys. So you're just wrong.
Anyway, you're just trying to turn your initial ridiculous statement of "let's give jans 20 melee attack" into "why don't we nerf sepoys"... Nice way to change the topic when you were clearly proven wrong by like, everyone in this thread. Like what the fuck, just admit you were wrong and move on, cut the losses
FYI they will not be stronger, but weaker, also every upgrade has less impact bcz base stats nerf. Go check your maths. I will take that deal any day.
I am not turning it around, I have already said that either buff jans hand attack or nerf sepoys.
#trainableSpahi
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Liar. You didn't want to nerf sepoys, you wanted to buff jans. See:
aqwer wrote:To address this anomaly, either both have same multipliers or Janissary hand attack should be increased to 20.
About the "check your maths", just lol. Go check by yourself, cause I'm sure I'm right on this one.
Okay this time I really stop answering, don't wanna waste more time arguing with some cocky full otto master sergeant.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Kaiserklein wrote:Liar. You didn't want to nerf sepoys, you wanted to buff jans. See:
aqwer wrote:To address this anomaly, either both have same multipliers or Janissary hand attack should be increased to 20.
About the "check your maths", just lol. Go check by yourself, cause I'm sure I'm right on this one.
Okay this time I really stop answering, don't wanna waste more time arguing with some cocky full otto master sergeant.
First of all I think we are having friendly discussion and there is no need to be judgemental.
"Either both have same multiplier" can go either way, nerf one or buff other. Imo I think buffing one is better solution, but still both options are on the table.
Secondly, - 20 hp is much bigger nerf for sepoys which can't be offset by - 10f. The unit is weaker and scaling gets worse. But if you still think it as a buff then I am with you for switching the respective buff/nerf of both units.
#trainableSpahi
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@aqwer you would have to come from a position of power/influence to actually achieve something with this total filibuster
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Such a biased ep team, jan are a joke anti cav now as was proven previous day aizamk vs tls match. They nerfed otto units to ground but Germany remains barely touched.
#trainableSpahi
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Ottos have historically been that one civ that pisses everyone off cuz of how OP they are. I still think ottos are strong but now they're not game breaking! Oh no!
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

:uglylol: Otto strong :uglylol:
#trainableSpahi
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

aqwer wrote::uglylol: Otto strong :uglylol:
Spam double rax jan build, reach pr 35 with that and admir how otto can be strong lol
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

chronique wrote:
Spam double rax jan build, reach pr 35 with that and admir how otto can be strong lol
Lol that logic :uglylol:
You can reach to pr 40 by sepoy rush
#trainableSpahi
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

aqwer wrote: Lol that logic :uglylol:
Yes and that why nobody complain about sepoy
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

All noobs
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

aqwer wrote:
chronique wrote:
Lol that logic :uglylol:
Only botto can reach pr 40 with jains
:nwc:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

:uglylol: aqwer :uglylol: