The Cavalry Archer

Norway aqwer
Dragoon

The Cavalry Archer

Post by aqwer »

The Cavalry Archer is ranged unit that has bonuses against hand cav and artillery. Russia and otto can train them instead of dragoon.
But this unit has performed terribly as compared to dragoon and we will see why.
Even though cav archer have more hp and slightly higher damage if they can fire there arrows twice, but the ground reality is totally different bcz dragoon can hit and run dealing more effect damage.
Both units are trainable in fortress age when most civs have RI mass, and that makes cav archers a terrible unit to have. Dragoons can hit and run killing cav with 0.2 rr but cav archers have to stay and take extreme damage from RI. Cav archers 0.3 hand resist is useless bcz you rarely use HI in mid fortress and beyond. On top of that dragoons have 0.5 more speed and late game goon raids can never be neutralized by cav archers.
People will argue that cav archers is cheaper so it is okay but that is not the case. These simpletons didn't take into account the 2 pop cost and that makes it highly pop inefficient, much much more so then stretsy.
Dragoons in later ages are a nightmare to deal with for both russia and otto bcz strelets short range and abus guns are not that good against RC. Otto suffer more bcz abus gun cost 2 pop and are terrible in late game which makes massing cav archers more difficult.

I think the real solution for this problem is to adjust cav archers cost to 75f 75c and make them 1 pop unit.
#trainableSpahi
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Re: The Cavalry Archer

Post by Kawapasaka »

EVERY UNIT SHOULD BE EQUALLY AS GOOD AS EVERY OTHER UNIT
NO CIVS SHOULD HAVE WEAKNESSES THEY HAVE TO PLAY AROUND
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Otto need trainable spahi archers
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

oh man not again
:nwc:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Cav Archers should be able to train Spahi.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I'am not sure, are you saying that goon is more annoying in mid-late game than... russia???
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Hazza54321 wrote:Otto need trainable spahi archers
I think you mean 'mounted Abus guns'
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
I think you mean 'mounted Abus guns'
You can TRY WOL if you want that there is unit called mounted Grenadiers ,Argentina's elite UNIT enjoy
:nwc:
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

When needed, Cav Archers have saved me several times. If they spam goons I make more strelets along with cav archer. If they spam RI I make Cossacks with strelets. I mean the unit is not the best anti cav unit, but Russia cannot have everything, they are already the best civ to play with.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

At this point I gotta believe he's trolling us
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Kaiserklein wrote:At this point I gotta believe he's trolling us
Ofc hes trolling and very good :biggrin: :biggrin:
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Dragoons obviously are better at hit and running. Cav archers only do half damage in first shot, then second half 1.5 seconds later.

Strong cav archers would make the veteran janisarries for ottoman obsolete, what would be bad designwise. For Russia, cav archers become really good with royal guard upgrade and arsenal tech, in age IV. Before that, both civs have manchus and russia also have kalmucks card to send, in addition to or to substitute the standard cavalry archer unit.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

richard wrote:Dragoons obviously are better at hit and running. Cav archers only do half damage in first shot, then second half 1.5 seconds later.

Strong cav archers would make the veteran janisarries for ottoman obsolete, what would be bad designwise. For Russia, cav archers become really good with royal guard upgrade and arsenal tech, in age IV. Before that, both civs have manchus and russia also have kalmucks card to send, in addition to or to substitute the standard cavalry archer unit.
^this
Royal guard tartars with cards, arsenal, are potentially one of the most powerful anticavalry units...
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Boy, we had so many discussion on cav archers in the last months. Just look for the threads and find your suggestions being worthless.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Jokes aside, I was referring mainly to otto late game composition. Abus gun and cav archers don't go well in late game. Abus gun cost 2 pop and trade poorly with RI, given that there is not much room to split fire and micro.
Especially when units gets too close, abus are really awkward to use, true for 100/100 armies.
And cav archers on top of that does not help much bcz small mass and highly pop inefficient.
That is the reason they need to be 1 pop unit.
#trainableSpahi
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

aqwer wrote:Abus gun cost 2 pop and trade poorly with RI.
I have miss something in the last few month? abus have malus vs RI?
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

chronique wrote:
They have x1.5 vs RC and x0.5 vs cav so combining these two, it is x0.75 vs RC, which is a penalty since the do less damage than their base damage.
#trainableSpahi
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You mean Yojimbos?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@deleted_user4 you stole my comment
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

aqwer wrote:
chronique wrote:
They have x1.5 vs RI and x0.5 vs cav so combining these two, it is x0.75 vs RI, which is a penalty since the do less damage than their base damage.
RI is not suppose to be "Range Infentry"??
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I love cav archers. Goons to make efficient vs infantry you have to run around, and can get pushed around by other armies, you'll have to run your skirms away too and cav can catch up to them and make a trade. But with car archers mean you can hold your ground and use them to block units, I run my abus behind them with income waves of hussar, the hussar then get bogged down with a 30% resist and the abus then can shoot from the back, no cav, put the abus up front, retreat the weaker cav units to infantry. Its a nice balance I find. To make them then one pop would make that so massively OP. I also like to use the otto card that gives a vil bonus, people don't expect it and makes them powerful eco killers. I haven't done the math in a while but the extra HP almost equate to what the range resist is worth to dragoons. but just get the extra bonus of destroying hand cav head on, whereas hussars in close to goons can kill them. its a great unit in moderation.